Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BallroomMom
Proud to wear my Ears

Seaworld / Busch / Discovery Cove?

Which one world you recommend most - I have never done any of them.

We are not mad on crazy rollercoasters or waterparks in general but my daughter is animal obsessed so thought one of these might be a nice way to start the holiday

Can you take part in all the discover cove activities without being a strong swimmer?

also planning one day in KSC before we hit universal & disney
BallroomMom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Discovery Cove is great, and you don't have to be a strong swimmer, you can have your dolphin experience in shallow water. It's a really lovely day, with all your food included. Your daughter can wear a swim float jacket for swimming in the other areas, and there are plenty of noodles too. There's a lot more animals at Busch Gardens.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

I would say out of all parks Busch Gardens has the most animals. They also have some really cool reasonably cheap animal interactions that you can book in advance.

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I think I would choose DC as a more ‘special’ experience. You can feed the birds, maybe do the additional animal trek encounter for something really amazing, and obviously experience everything else the park has to offer.

Sea World also has amazing shows as well as rides.

Busch may be a bit of a trek depending on where you’re staying? But lots to see apart from just rollercoasters.

You will have a fabulous day whichever one you choose, but DC would edge it for me x

Edited at 11:45 PM.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
If you are thinking about Discovery Cove then look at the Ultimate ticket, you get Busch Gardens, Sea World and Aquatica thrown in too, plus parking at all the parks.
It's got to be the most cost effective ticket around.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradz
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by SmilingSammie View Post
I would say out of all parks Busch Gardens has the most animals. They also have some really cool reasonably cheap animal interactions that you can book in advance.
Cheap? Just paid $217 (2 people) for a sloth interaction. I wouldn’t say they are cheap.

Definitely recommend the DC Ultimate Ticket for the price!
Bradz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sutigger
A Guest at All-Stars

Defo Busch Gardens. I have bought a day ticket direct from them this year as I didn't want to do DC or Seaworld. It also includes free pick up from Orlando. The animal experience there is brilliant, and last time we paid for the extra safari which included feeding the giraffes. Well worth the money.
Sutigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We always, but always buy a DC Ultimate non swim as a family of four. (we have done the Dolphin bit and it was in our opinion.. ok if you haven’t done it before). We believe this the best ticket in Orlando, have purchased it 8 times in 9 visits as against 6 Universals and 3 Disney’s as it gives you..

Free parking throughout your use of their parks. ( A single visit to each saves you $100 and we visit SW at least twice, same aquatics, so $150.
A day of free food and alcohol (we don’t bother with the alcohol), so Breakfast, Lunch and a meal as it closes plus all soft drinks, cookies, ice cream etc $200.
Admission to parks that we would visit whether we had a DC ticket or otherwise.. $150pp?

As an overview, I would suggest that with a liking of Animals, you will get..

DC..
Swimming or drifting in a wet suit with Rays etc
Animal interactions with Sloths, Birds and other animals in a presentation tent.
The Marmosets Island
A great aviary with free bird food.
Dolphins, if that’s your thing.

Seaworld..
Killer Whales
Dolphins
Sealions
Sharks
Rays
Loads of other stuff as on the park map, with paid options for many personal encounters.

Busch Gardens.
A top safari experience with the option of going out in a truck for a giraffe feed (Highly reccomended).
Tigers
Gorillas
Gators
Cheetahs
Reptiles
Lots of other stuff.

Aquatica..
Commersons Dolphins.

P.S.
Our second ticket (of two) is now always a Universal 14 with one night in a premium, Universal Hotel.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 10:23 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

To choose one, that's tough! I love all 3 of the parks, although Discovery Cove holds the most magical day for me, it's just a completely different relaxed pace to anything else in Orlando. Limited numbers so very quiet, helpful cast, free food and drink and swimming in the aquarium tank is probably one of the best things I've done. We also did the underwater diving where you wear a giant helmet and walk around underwater (reasonable upcharge). So cool! So yeah I guess if I was just going to pick one it'd be that. But both Seaworld and Busch Gardens are great too, perhaps Busch Gardens over Seaworld if looking for animals, the cheetahs there are pretty neat.
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bradz View Post
Cheap? Just paid $217 (2 people) for a sloth interaction. I wouldn’t say they are cheap.

Definitely recommend the DC Ultimate Ticket for the price!
But there are animal interactions and tours for as little as $30

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List