Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

No there will be no need to plan at Universal especially with express passes you will have plenty of time to take it all in. I think that's why I prefer Universal to Disney purely because you can just wing it at your own pace.

If you do go to Volcano Bay I would go in the morning, as it's usually quiet first thing.

You can use the Hogwarts express to get from each park too.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lovedisney123 View Post
The only thing we semi plan is to do the three wet rides together usually from least to most wet - Jurassic park, Dudley then Popeyes, and then we would go back to the hotel to change and dry off. No need to plan anything other than that though!
We all got absolutely soaked on Dudley do right. It was nuts. So fun though.

Best thing about universal is you can just wing it. So relaxing to see a shop or ride and just about face to go in without a second thought as to besting the crowds to a massive line for a ride or worrying about fastpasses or dining reservations.

I honestly would never consider Florida without onsite universal accommodation and at least a few days there to unwind. We treated our universal days almost like relaxation days so we didnt have to crash out in the middle of the trip for an entire day like we used too.

Top tip, I liked hitting the park till 4, leave and chill in the room then go out to city walk and eat. If we felt like it we had some pool time in the afternoons too.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Lovedisney123 View Post
The only thing we semi plan is to do the three wet rides together usually from least to most wet - Jurassic park, Dudley then Popeyes, and then we would go back to the hotel to change and dry off. No need to plan anything other than that though!
My favourite three rides to do in a row. We always do that order. Wet to wetter to might has well jumped in a swimming pool
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Karl01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by braby View Post
We did Universal last year, we did not plan anything as the trip was only booked two days before we flew. We went the middle of August and rode everything we wanted mutiple times without Express passes.
The only ride we didn't get on was Hagrids, Express pass not in operation and there was no way I was queueing 3 hours to ride it, will leave it for next time.
It was nice waking up each day and deciding what we wanted to do rather than having a regimented plan.
Interesting that you went the middle of August and were happy without an Express Pass. We go 10th August for 2 weeks and I was thinking about paying for a night in an Express Pass hotel. What would you say was your average wait time? Never been to Universal in August but I've been to Disney and I consider that busy. 20 mins is my usual limit for most rides with 30 mins at a push for the really popular rides.
Karl01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We never have a plan for universal, ive been there so many more times than Disney so never really thought about planning ( this is my first time doing ADRs and fast passes really ). The two franchises seem to offer very different approaches! I love the fact that you can get up and just decide what you’re going to do that day- kinda wish it was that easy with Disney ( although I am enjoying the planning Secretly 😁 ).
For our first week we are only doing universal for a park - doing other things like shopping/fishing etc, we do have a rough idea of when we are going to the parks but no doubt it’ll change!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List