Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jan 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
benatkins10
Trying for More Ears

Rise of the resistance - February arrival time?

My first day will Wednesday 19th February and we are going to HS first. Its official opening is 9am but are the unofficial early openings still happening and what time would people recommend I get there. Will be with my 3 kids 10,9 and 7 all big Star Wars fans

Thanks, Ben
benatkins10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

I have never heard unofficial opening times before. I would keep an eye on the official opening times, maybe they will extend early opening.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

We're going in February from the 10th. I'm watching the Galaxy's Edge situation too, as one of my children (and hubby!) is Star Wars obsessed.
I'll report back...
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Following as we visit HS starting 7th feb
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

We’re visiting Star Wars from 13th February - watching boarding groups and keeping an eye on when Space 220 opens have become an obsession 🙈
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MightyPirate
Getting to know the DIBB

Also arrive February (10th). I'm hoping Disney extend the early opening hours for Hollywood Studios but I think if they were, they'd have announced it already.
MightyPirate is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MightyPirate View Post
Also arrive February (10th). I'm hoping Disney extend the early opening hours for Hollywood Studios but I think if they were, they'd have announced it already.
I’m hoping they don’t! We’re not early risers and Disney falls far enough into our trip that we’d struggle to get there! Being offsite doesn’t help either 🙈
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by benatkins10 View Post
My first day will Wednesday 19th February and we are going to HS first. Its official opening is 9am but are the unofficial early openings still happening and what time would people recommend I get there. Will be with my 3 kids 10,9 and 7 all big Star Wars fans

Thanks, Ben
At the moment there are no unofficial early openings.

The official opening time is currently 7am. The CMs start to allow guests into the park about 10mins before the official opening time (as they often do with every park), and you can only start booking onto a RotR boarding group from the official opening time.

In mid-February, the official opening time will be 9am (according to the current park hours). I suspect the same procedure will be followed as mentioned above. You'll be allowed into the park slightly before the official opening time and only allowed to book into a boarding group from the official opening time. Assuming boarding groups are still used in mid-Feb (they may not be).

Of course, it is possible that Disney will move the official opening time to an earlier time in the morning like they did in December (from 8am to 6am, I think?). But, at the moment, it's showing as 9am for mid-Feb.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
But, at the moment, it's showing as 9am for mid-Feb.
We could manage that 😉😂
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
benatkins10
Trying for More Ears

Thank you. I thought this would be the case. With the later opening I was wondering what time people will start queueing. I suppose we will only know that when February actually comes round
benatkins10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List