Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 May 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Great report, that prime beef does look very fatty though I'm not surprised it wasn't so nice, my boys all have hollow legs so we need big portion places.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Day Fifteen

Epcot today, after fastpasses we headed over to sunshine seasons for lunch#

We all (except DH) has Mongolian Beef, DH had the Turkey Ciabatta sandwich

The beef is always really tasty, dh's sandwich wasn't as he remembered. It was really dry but he ate it anyway

Whoopie Pies all round

Dinner tonight was what we were all waiting for, The Boathouse.

It did not disappoint.

Our server Michael was exceptional, so much so I emailed the manager of the restaurant to sing his praise.

He spent a long time going through items on the menu to suggest things to our (my) taste and wines that would suit the food. At one point I had 7 wine samples on the table

In the end we had

Me - Swordfish

DH - 12oz ribeye with a side of asparagus and fries

DS16 - stuffed lobster

DS13 Classic Cheeseburger

DS16 had never had Lobster before and Michael took time to explain to him how to extract the meat from the claws. He made a right pigs ear out of it and they brought him a new one from the kitchen... (a whole new stuffed lobster) Michael and another server were so discreet with my son, and were cracking jokes with him about being able to show the ladies in a few years his lobster skills

Desserts were

Chocolate Bundt Cake

Bread Pudding

The food was delicious, but the service was exceptional.

Out of pocket this meal would have cost $293.41

*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Day Sixteen

Our last full day, we has a reservation for Maria & Enzo's and were actually looking forward to eating here but once there I found it really strange.

It took ages to be seated even though it was far from busy. The waitress had a face on her and there was someone wandering round repeatedly asking if we wanted a family photo taken FOC even though we had declined numerous times.

No food pictures as it was all mediocre

The boys all had Spaghetti alla Chitarra con Polpette and I had Torchio al Pollo

DD had sphaghetti and meatballs from the childrens menu and again even though she was 2 and not on the DDp they said her meal was free.

No desserts as we just wanted to leave. We wont return here.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*

Edited at 04:13 PM.
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your Boathouse meal looked lovely and great to have such a good experience with the server sometimes it has seemed very chaotic in there but sounds like its settling down now.

The prime rib at Olivia's looked horrible, I love prime rib but would have sent that back too I'm sure!
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report so far! I agree with you about Five Guys, I think it’s really overrated. Shame about your husbands meal at Olivia’s, it’s always been a favourite of ours.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Loved your review of The Wave. I had no idea they had such great lunch options, I daren’t tell OH about the French Dip as he’ll want to go and I don’t think we’ve any room in the plan.

What a shame about Olivia’s, we love it and have eaten there many times. I think the Prime Rib looks very rare. I can’t believe they had the cheek to still deduct a TS credit for OH’s meal though.

We’re doing Raglan Road brunch this year so good to see a review of it. The Full Irish looks good, I imagine OH will have that. Pricey out of pocket though for something that’s a glorified breakfast!

What a pity about Trail’s End, it’s a favourite of ours.

The Boathouse looks great, including the desserts. We really like that the menu is as simple or a fancy as you want it to be.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Thanks for sharing.

That prime rib looked horrible and oh my those chocolate pancakes 😂😂😂

Glad to hear you had a great time at Ohana, I’m not a fan.

The wave looked good, we ate their on Christmas night and didn’t have a great experience but the food was good. The lunches look fab I’d like to try it again.