Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Nov 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We are in Epcot tomorrow. If we brave the horrendous biting cold wind and venture up to World Showcase we will have a look for her and say hello. It's brass monkeys weather currently so we may not head up that far. The MK today was like Siberia
Temps in Orlando, FL:

Temps in Manchester, UK:

Yep, certainly looks chilly in Orlando.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
DD Nadine, is nervous but very excited to be starting her dream Disney job tomorrow She'll be working at The Crown and Crest in the UK pavilion in Epcot until Jan 2021.

It would be so lovely if any fellow Dibbers that were passing could pop into the shop and say hello from a fellow Dibber to her Mum.

Thank you so much

disneyworld.disney.go/en...own-and-crest/
how wonderful! 💫

We’re heading over in February so will be sure to say hi if we see her!
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are going in april and will definitely say hi! Do u want us to take any enlgish small food items over for her? Xx
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinker-mum View Post
We are going in april and will definitely say hi! Do u want us to take any enlgish small food items over for her? Xx
How lovely of you, so kind. If she mentions that she is missing some type of food nearer the time I will definitely let you know. Thank you again.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

We braved the crowds and bitter wind to walk around World Showcase and visited your daughter's area. I spoke to a young lady who advised me your Daughter had just gone to take some Mail/parcels to another area so sad to say we missed her.
Sorry
Hilarious! I have sent her a photo of this and sent it to her. Thanks so much again for trying.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

How lovely of you, so kind. If she mentions that she is missing some type of food nearer the time I will definitely let you know. Thank you again.
No problem at all. Someone showed us kindness in 2018 when we went and I'm happy to repay it! If u wanted to send a small parcel of stuff next year I'm sure we can squeeze it in our case!
Old 18 Nov 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Hope she has a fantastic time - have eldest DS desperate to do this - would love any info that I could share with him to follow in the footsteps of your DD
Glad to help
I'll give you a breakdown of her journey and you can take from it what you like.

She has applied 3 times but didn't get past the first stage the previous 2 times, but she was 3rd time lucky.

This is the job agency Disney use for this type of vacancy, so that's your first port of call. It's a great website and gives you lots of useful information:

yummyjobs/work/disne...ntativeprogram

I believe there is a Summer placement from the UK but she didn't want to do that so I'm sorry but I can't help with that route. There are 2 other longer contracts, both based in Epcot, the CRP (Cultural Representative Program) which is 12 months and the HRC (Historical Research Centre) which is 15 months.

The CRP cast members work in either merchandise in the shops, or food and beverage. Again, she didn't take this route so I'm not 100% but I think they can put in a preference, but it's not guaranteed. She applied for the HRC, again lots of information on here:

yummyjobs/work/disne...ve-program-hrc

This position is based in a historical research shop:

m.facebook/Historical-Re...6708899256528/

DD loves History, so it was a very easy choice for her to make tbh. This may help him decide which one to apply for as there are slight differences between the 2 programmes, in perks and wages, because the HRC shop (the Crown and Crest) is on Disney property but not run by Disney:

missdanielle/disney/hrc-or-disney/

The first stage was a written application to Yummy Jobs, usual stuff, why you want the job, about you and your experiences. This was a year and a half ago so I really can't exactly remember the questions. She didn't get past this stage on 2 occasions. But it was to be 3rd time lucky. She did later find out that her previous retail experience helped plus having completed a History degree was a massive bonus, also having lived abroad already and speaking German made her stand out.

The second stage was an interview at Yummy Jobs, it should have been in person, but as she was living and working in Germany they let her do a Skype interview. The 3rd stage was an interview at Disney HQ in London, with Disney HR staff from Epcot, very daunting she said, but also very exciting! The final interview (this 4th one was only for the HRC route) was a phone interview with Disney HR staff, the owner and the manager of the HRC shop.

This was last November I believe and she had to wait a nerve wracking 2 months before Yummy jobs phoned her to tell her the good news.

Sorry, that ended up being a very long post, but I think I've covered everything!
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Glad to help
I'll give you a breakdown of her journey and you can take from it what you like.

She has applied 3 times but didn't get past the first stage the previous 2 times, but she was 3rd time lucky.

This is the job agency Disney use for this type of vacancy, so that's your first port of call. It's a great website and gives you lots of useful information:

yummyjobs/work/disne...ntativeprogram

I believe there is a Summer placement from the UK but she didn't want to do that so I'm sorry but I can't help with that route. There are 2 other longer contracts, both based in Epcot, the CRP (Cultural Representative Program) which is 12 months and the HRC (Historical Research Centre) which is 15 months.

The CRP cast members work in either merchandise in the shops, or food and beverage. Again, she didn't take this route so I'm not 100% but I think they can put in a preference, but it's not guaranteed. She applied for the HRC, again lots of information on here:

yummyjobs/work/disne...ve-program-hrc

This position is based in a historical research shop:

m.facebook/Historical-Re...6708899256528/

DD loves History, so it was a very easy choice for her to make tbh. This may help him decide which one to apply for as there are slight differences between the 2 programmes, in perks and wages, because the HRC shop (the Crown and Crest) is on Disney property but not run by Disney:

missdanielle/disney/hrc-or-disney/

The first stage was a written application to Yummy Jobs, usual stuff, why you want the job, about you and your experiences. This was a year and a half ago so I really can't exactly remember the questions. She didn't get past this stage on 2 occasions. But it was to be 3rd time lucky. She did later find out that her previous retail experience helped plus having completed a History degree was a massive bonus, also having lived abroad already and speaking German made her stand out.

The second stage was an interview at Yummy Jobs, it should have been in person, but as she was living and working in Germany they let her do a Skype interview. The 3rd stage was an interview at Disney HQ in London, with Disney HR staff from Epcot, very daunting she said, but also very exciting! The final interview (this 4th one was only for the HRC route) was a phone interview with Disney HR staff, the owner and the manager of the HRC shop.

This was last November I believe and she had to wait a nerve wracking 2 months before Yummy jobs phoned her to tell her the good news.

Sorry, that ended up being a very long post, but I think I've covered everything!

Thank you so much for the at information - really useful.

I am sure she will have an amazing time

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We braved the crowds and bitter wind to walk around World Showcase and visited your daughter's area. I spoke to a young lady who advised me your Daughter had just gone to take some Mail/parcels to another area so sad to say we missed her.
Sorry
-4 when I went to work this morning, don't be moaning to us about weather out there, top trumps 😂😂
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Mobile

I hope she is having a fantastic trip. My DD did ICP in The Seas and Turtle Talk a few years ago and had an amazing experience. Lots of lovely Brits on the Dibb help the ICPs feel appreciated as they are the worst paid of any staff members as there is no minimum wage requirement for them!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List