Around 20% 245 30.28%
Around 25% 4 0.49%
Voters: 809. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Nov 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
So the server who gives you great service is penalised because you eat out every night ? Hardly seems fair.
I'm not really sure I understand your logic, surely it's fairer to pick places you can afford 20% with the expectation you'll want to tip at full Rate as the service will be great ( and if it isn't adjust accordingly)
It's hardly the servers fault if you can't afford to eat there though !
Penalised at 15-18% ? ...…. oh my god. Love the can't afford to eat there comment...…. did that make you feel righteous ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

it always strikes me odd that so many dibbers are overly keen to make sure during their holiday that the servers (who are fighting each other to serve there) are getting fantastic "tips!... im sure they are in control of their own career!... Relax enjoy your holiday and forget about how much they make!
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I tip what ever I feel the service deserves, so that ranges from next to nothing up to 20%.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Not sure why ,MH, but I found myself reading this thread early this morning- I doff my hat to you- it started off as a good idea and staysd that way and it's been entertaining all the way through.

In terms of what I consider 'excellent service" I consider it when the server is attentive without being over the top with genuine warmth and interest. It must be a difficult balance for them because most customers are different.

My "mission" when I visit the states relates to ordering a cooked breakfast and prompting all the questions the server will ask you (how do you want your eggs, what sort of toast, tea or coffee, orange juice, etc etc) ...maybe I'm just not a morning person.

As for typos - count me in the "I should check more before i post" club. I tend to dibb most of the time on my phone which has a "helpful" habit of correcting to what it thinks I should be typing not what I want.

In recent times I have started to severely reduce the number of new "general chat (just for fun - join in) " threads being posted because in my opinion there are far too many of them. I know I used to be guilty of this but I have recognised that. I'm not saying - for one moment - I am leaving the dibb - I'm just reducing the number of new threads I start unless they are def travel related. This is what's right for me - personal choice.

MH - once again - congratulations on what I think is a really good thread. A lot has happened since your started it!

Just in case someone else picks this thread up in another couple of years at the time of writing we are in the middle of the Covid 19 lock down ,Jennifer Lawrence has gone into hiding and the world is devoid of Costa- how is MH coping?

Take care everyone !

Edited at 06:34 AM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
In recent times I have started to severely reduce the number of new "general chat (just for fun - join in) " threads being posted because in my opinion there are far too many of them. I know I used to be guilty of this but I have recognised that. I'm not saying - for one moment - I am leaving the dibb - I'm just reducing the number of new threads I start unless they are def travel related. This is what's right for me - personal choice.
Take care everyone !
That’s a great shame BB your threads in general chat will be greatly missed, especially in these troubled times! One would think that the more random, trite, irrelevant and whimsical type threads are needed more than ever now with travel restricted.
I do hope you reconsider and continue posting in the general thread ... just for fun ... join in...

Failing that , take care and stay safe - the dibb wouldn’t be the same without you.
Regards
SF
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not sure why ,MH, but I found myself reading this thread early this morning- I doff my hat to you- it started off as a good idea and staysd that way and it's been entertaining all the way through.

In terms of what I consider 'excellent service" I consider it when the server is attentive without being over the top with genuine warmth and interest. It must be a difficult balance for them because most customers are different.

My "mission" when I visit the states relates to ordering a cooked breakfast and prompting all the questions the server will ask you (how do you want your eggs, what sort of toast, tea or coffee, orange juice, etc etc) ...maybe I'm just not a morning person.

As for typos - count me in the "I should check more before i post" club. I tend to dibb most of the time on my phone which has a "helpful" habit of correcting to what it thinks I should be typing not what I want.

MH - once again - congratulations on what I think is a really good thread. A lot has happened since your started it!

Just in case someone else picks this thread up in another couple of years at the time of writing we are in the middle of the Covid 19 lock down ,Jennifer Lawrence has gone into hiding and the world is devoid of Costa- how is MH coping?

Take care everyone !
That’s very serious for you BB! Jennifer Lawrence may well be in hiding with MH in Costa!
On a serious note, I agree entirely. There is far too much stuff regurgitated from Facebook and Twitter cluttering it up.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I had to check my calendar to confirm it’s 2020 and not George Orwell’s 1984... I thought the mods acted as censors ?

It’s all about choice at the end of the day .. you aren’t forced to read them or contribute!

I wondered where all the memes (a BB thread) had come from? I thought people had created them at home ? But they are off the internet? Today’s learning point!

Edited at 07:46 AM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Thank you both SF and Colette. Being hungover may have affected my thinking this morning !

I completely get about stuff being recycled from Facebook - without FB my meme thread would have died ages ago
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you both SF and Colette. Being hungover may have affected my thinking this morning !

I completely get about stuff being recycled from Facebook - without FB my meme thread would have died ages ago
Hope you feel better later bb
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

... and a great diversion it is atm bb.

I too hope you feel better soon