Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile Madonna Inn bookings.

Thinking ahead for our west coast trip for 2021 & looking to stay at the Madonna inn. How far in advance do you need to book & which are your favourite rooms? Thanks!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have generally booked at least 8 months out.

We had the Chinese Paper Room last time and liked it.

We have the San Francisco room this time and it is very red.

I think that you will find that the standard rooms are pretty much identical in generous size, but with wildly over the top decor. They all seem to have two bays separated by a 'narrowing' with beds in each of those bays.. A bit like 1970's houses with a lounge and then a dining area beyond.

The rooms are easily researched. Last time we stayed for a single night. We liked the place so much that this Easter we are staying 3 nights and using it as a base to explore from.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We have generally booked at least 8 months out.

We had the Chinese Paper Room last time and liked it.

We have the San Francisco room this time and it is very red.

I think that you will find that the standard rooms are pretty much identical in generous size, but with wildly over the top decor. They all seem to have two bays separated by a 'narrowing' with beds in each of those bays.. A bit like 1970's houses with a lounge and then a dining area beyond.

The rooms are easily researched. Last time we stayed for a single night. We liked the place so much that this Easter we are staying 3 nights and using it as a base to explore from.
Thanks for your reply.
I’ve gone on to their website & surprised I can book so far in advance for next July! All I need to do is work out what date we’ll be arriving there as we’ve no real plan what way round to do our trip yet. We want to include Seattle, SF & then drive the coast. We’ve both decided that we want a waterfall shower in the room so at least that narrows it down a wee bit lol!
I hope you have a splendid time & I can’t wait to read all about it as it sounds very similar to the trip we want to do next year for our 25th anniversary 😊

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Be aware in your planning that San Luis Obispo has an airport just 3 miles from the Madonna inn.

This may assist in your planning if you don’t intend going the further, considerable distance onwards to LAX or don’t fancy driving back up the way you came.

We are in to SFO and then a meander down to S L Obispo. We are then flying out and up to Seattle before driving from there up to Vancouver and home.

This airport opens up all sorts of possibilities.. like visiting gorgeous San Diego whilst avoiding LA.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Be aware in your planning that San Luis Obispo has an airport just 3 miles from the Madonna inn.

This may assist in your planning if you don’t intend going the further, considerable distance onwards to LAX or don’t fancy driving back up the way you came.

We are in to SFO and then a meander down to S L Obispo. We are then flying out and up to Seattle before driving from there up to Vancouver and home.

This airport opens up all sorts of possibilities.. like visiting gorgeous San Diego whilst avoiding LA.
I had no idea re the airport this really is amazing! Thank you. Are there direct flights to Seattle from SLO? Now I know this I’d love to visit Palm Springs too!

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I had no idea re the airport this really is amazing! Thank you. Are there direct flights to Seattle from SLO? Now I know this I’d love to visit Palm Springs too!
Yes there are directs. United are the main carrier. We have a 1 and a bit layover in SFO. this reduced our 4 tickets by around £100pp, as I remember.

At the moment, an average indirect is £73 and a direct £198pp

There are an awful lot of other regional airports in the United States and they have opened my eyes to other possibilities in many other areas.

Our best Florida vacation ever was Pensacola- Destin- Tampa- Orlando-Daytona Beach.
Routing into Pensacola and out of Daytona was through Atlanta.

Edited at 03:30 PM.
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Thinking ahead for our west coast trip for 2021 & looking to stay at the Madonna inn. How far in advance do you need to book & which are your favourite rooms? Thanks!
You have made me smile tonight
You are so like me(and many Dibbers) as soon as one holiday is booked you are on to the next
I’ve got 2021and 22 in my head planned ha ha
I love Cornishfrog trippie/advice aswell
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
You have made me smile tonight
You are so like me(and many Dibbers) as soon as one holiday is booked you are on to the next
I’ve got 2021and 22 in my head planned ha ha
I love Cornishfrog trippie/advice aswell
You are so kind. I had a lot of fun writing that trippie! (I have thus far written my California one and also a Boston, NY, Dayton, Cincinatti, Orlando, Naples MIA one that is hopefully in a similar vein. I just don’t know how to link them to my signature... do I have to join on subscription?

Edited at 09:42 PM.
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

You are so kind. I had a lot of fun writing that trippie! (I have thus far written my California one and also a Boston, NY, Dayton, Cincinatti, Orlando, Naples MIA one that is hopefully in a similar vein. I just don’t know how to link them to my signature... do I have to join on subscription?
I read Your Boston one as we went there in Aug and you were v kind in offering to loan me your book! Also still don’t know how you do hand luggage We had a fab time...
I’m not sure maybe ask a q on the general forum as it wòuld be great for me as I could read them all
I think we all have this holiday addiction ha ha
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We loved our stay at the Madonna inn. We also really enjoyed San Luis Obispo and if you happen to be staying on a Thursday, you can visit the SLO farmers market downtown, which was brilliant! Live music, beers stalls and street food- we had the best ribs and tri tip steak we’ve ever tasted! Great atmosphere and a nice experience, it was a mix of tourists and locals and we were so glad we discovered it by chance. You can google San Luis Obispo Farmers Market and it will give you more info and details of the music artists who are performing. It’s all free by the way 😊