Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Aventura hotel - Virgin lounge

Has anyone used this lounge? Could you tell me what kinds of snacks and drinks they have available and can you grab and go or do they expect you to sit in and eat/drink?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

We had access to it December 2018. The hotel had just opened and we got a good deal. I was keen to use the lounge for light breakfast and snacks and I do like my coffee, especially when it’s free.
We went in once - coffee was not great and snacks were basically wrapped pastries. The staff member looked bored and was less than welcoming.
We may have picked a bad day, it may have changed but I wouldn’t see it as a perk of booking wit VH.
Loved the Aventura on the other hand. Great food court.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
We had access to it December 2018. The hotel had just opened and we got a good deal. I was keen to use the lounge for light breakfast and snacks and I do like my coffee, especially when it’s free.
We went in once - coffee was not great and snacks were basically wrapped pastries. The staff member looked bored and was less than welcoming.
We may have picked a bad day, it may have changed but I wouldn’t see it as a perk of booking wit VH.
Loved the Aventura on the other hand. Great food court.
Thanks Tilly, so the food court would be better to get breakfast items from?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The food court is good, and the hotel is great. We loved it there. You can walk to the parks, catch the boat in and Volcano Bay is out the back. Pool has a nice atmosphere and great bar on the roof.

Looked in and think they had bagels in the Virgin Lounge. Never went in though.

Edited at 10:04 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Thanks Tilly, so the food court would be better to get breakfast items from?
I recall after the first visit to the lounge we didn’t bother with breakfast. The parks were quiet so we tended to lie in, stroll over to the park and have early lunch.
If you are looking for an amazing breakfast the buffet at the Portofino is one of my best ever eaten. Not sure if the cost as we were comped it but whatever the price I would consider it good value.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The food court is good, and the hotel is great. We loved it there. You can walk to the parks, catch the boat in and Volcano Bay is out the back. Pool has a nice atmosphere and great bar on the roof.

Looked in and think they had bagels in the Virgin Lounge. Never went in though.
How accessible is International Drive from the hotel without a car?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
You’d have to take an Uber I think. Never bothered to go really, went to look at Endless Summer which is at the top, and it isn’t far.
When in the hotel there’s the restaurants there, the other Universal hotels, and you can walk straight into City Walk. You can get a taxi to the outlet mall area as well which isn’t far, and they’ve built opposite that now a few good restaurants like Bahama Breeze and Longhorn (went to both, drove about 10 mins). There’s also a Walmart, Wholefoods and restaurants on Turkey Lake Road which is close.
Great hotel the Aventura I’d definitely stay again, and I stayed in Hard Rock as well that trip.
Edit you may also be able to get the free bus from Volcano Bay to Endless Summer when VB is open I imagine - bus stop right at back of hotel. Endless Summer is right at the top of Idrive though.

Edited at 10:47 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
If you walk to main City walks entrance to Universal you can get the hotel bus to Endless Summer and I believe I drive is walkable from there.
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
If you walk to main City walks entrance to Universal you can get the hotel bus to Endless Summer and I believe I drive is walkable from there.
Yes good idea, when Volcano Bay isn’t open you could do that also.
Old 17 Jan 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I’m trying to decide if we would be better using Uber/Lyft to do a supermarket shop on day one, use Angelbabe or hope this virgin lounge will be enough for breakfast- decisions decisions xx