Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Unread 20 Jan 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jodashanne
I want to go now!

Deluxe dining plan and sharing credits

Hi we are a family of 7 three of us have deluxe dining plan and 4 of us have quick service... originally we were planning on using some of the deluxe credits to pay for table service meals when we all eat together so would use seven deluxe credits and then those on the quick would repay when we have a counter meal
However with all the changes that Disney have been making with the quick service plan I emailed Disney to see if this was possible and the answer came back as a no... has anyone else heard anything different as know that sometimes responses can vary... this has scuppered our plans a little
Jodashanne is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jan 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
wedinflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

wedinflorida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

From what I remember when we had an extra member of our party that wasnt on the dining plan, was that we couldnt go over our dining plan party size. Quite often wed use our 10 year olds credit on the adult who wasnt staying with us and pay oop for a childs meal. Olivias was the only exception when my son wanted a steak, and the waiter allowed us to use an extra credit for the other adult.

Worked out well as wed had to cancel a meal the evening before and we didnt have time to book another restaurant so ended up with left over table service credits.
wedinflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Springs, HRH & Dibb Villa
Unread 20 Jan 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

This is very strange. DH and I used our DXDDP credits to pay for several meals for family members in July (Trattoria Al Forno and Flying Fish) and it wasnt a problem.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
SF and CSR with DxDDP - Soooo excited!
Unread 20 Jan 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We shared credits with some friends back in 2018 who had joined us for the day at Disney Springs. But I have been reading on other forums that some places are stopping this now but most people are also reporting they had no problems. Most the problems seem to come out of 50s prime time cafe.
2002 - Disney Paris Santa Fe | 2016 - Disney Paris Hotel New York | 2018 - Hard Rock / Beach Club | 2019 - Hard Rock / Villa | 2020 - Disneyland California / Six Flags Magic Mountain / LA / Santa Monica | 2020 - Cabana Bay / Hard Rock / Clearwater and more | 2021 (planning) - Beach Club?

Edited at 07:14 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Off to Disneyland / Magic Mountain / LA
Unread 20 Jan 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have just been for Xmas for 2 weeks we had 2 rooms with 3 of us in each. One room had the deluxe dining plan and one had nothing, absolutely no problem in any restaurants using the credits for all of us. I specially asked when I added it on when booking and was told no problem at all x
Unread 20 Jan 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
This is very strange. DH and I used our DXDDP credits to pay for several meals for family members in July (Trattoria Al Forno and Flying Fish) and it wasnt a problem.
We did the same in Oct/Nov and had no problems using DxDDP for Guests. We were also told by Disneys Moms that it was not possible to share these meal credits.

BWV Oct/Nov 2019
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 21 Jan 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jodashanne
I want to go now!

Thanks everyone xx
Worried that with all the changes this will be something that cant be done anymore... shame as those credits are paid for and surely if you have them you should be able to use them as you want
Will keep watching and waiting
Xxxx
Jodashanne is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Jodashanne View Post
Thanks everyone xx
Worried that with all the changes this will be something that cant be done anymore... shame as those credits are paid for and surely if you have them you should be able to use them as you want
Will keep watching and waiting
Xxxx
The only change that I have heard about recently was that childrens QS credits now have to be used on childrens meals not adult meals if there is a child option.

I have not heard if any changes regarding the DxDDP, what did you hear of?
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Orlando Attractions