Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 20, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Rise of the Resistance - Our Experience

Hi,
I had read a few posts of what to do but just wanted to share our experience of this holiday.

On Sunday, we were at the park at 7.30am, in the parking lot after queueing for 20 minutes on the highway. It then took another 25 minutes to go through Security and tickets. We made it inside the park with five minutes to spare. I was using my phone on the park WiFi - no boarding pass came up - all around me people were cheering that they had a pass. My hands were shaking and it was not a great start to the day. No passes.

We queued for Smugglers Run and spoke to some lovely Americans - they told us to go to Guest Services and that we would stand no chance of a pass on the park WiFi, as all the passes are distributed in 35 seconds.

Guest Services advised us to arrive at the park between 7 to 7.30am and go straight to the Guest Services when we arrive.

Today, we arrived earlier and was standing in a line at Guest Services at 7.30am. The staff were so helpful. We went to the one past all the shops, just on the left hand side.

These are the instructions we were told:

Do not open the Disney Experience App until 7.55am.

Only one person in the party should try to get a Boarding Pass - if more than one person is on the App in your group, you will both get dropped from the App. They were very precise in this instruction.

At 7.59am - you then press ‘Find out More’ on the home screen. I was the timekeeper and my husband used his phone. We turned off WiFi and used the mobile reception.
At 8.00am - he pushed Join Boarding Group - I was allocated Group 48.
Again, the staff were very precise - only worry about one member of your group to get a Boarding Pass.

We then waited to be seen in the Guest Experience queue for my DH to be added to my group.

Everyone in the queue were successful with getting one member of their party into a Boarding Group.

Oh and as long as the party members are on the park - you can just take their magic bands to be added to the group - I’m not sure what time this cuts off but we went to Slinky Dog and the family in front were added 30 minutes later.

The ride was well worth this stress - it was amazing.

Really hope this helps.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
so you just add additional members after 1 person has a BP?
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
I was using my phone on the park WiFi - no boarding pass came up - all around me people were cheering that they had a pass. My hands were shaking and it was not a great start to the day. No passes.

We queued for Smugglers Run and spoke to some lovely Americans - they told us to go to Guest Services and that we would stand no chance of a pass on the park WiFi, as all the passes are distributed in 35 seconds.

So are we saying don't bother trying if you've not got personal data ?

Think we're just gonna have to accept we're going too soon in the life of ROTR and wait out the madness for another trip.

I've got a couple of months to try to get me head round all the advice on data solutions but I've been reading those for years and still nowhere near understanding any of it

On Tesco mobile and don't think my basic phone will have dual sim so will probably have to look at a second payg phone on one of the networks that keeps getting recommended to use while in America. At least that will solve my Uber phobia

Edited at 11:00 AM.
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

get a 3three sim. 1 month contract. that’s what i did a few years ago. unlimited data abroad.

also if you only need to worry about 1 person getting a boarding pass and you sort the others at guest services. does that mean you can technically go yourself for the park opening and have the rest of your party arrive later?
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No, it is checked that all members of the party were in the park at opening time.
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Lpf
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Surely they aren’t going to just let everyone get 1 boarding pass and then queue to add the rest of the party at guest relations?
The length of instructions alone from cast members should tell them that this system is ridiculous!
Easter 2023 in planning
Lpf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by maddo11 View Post
get a 3three sim. 1 month contract. that’s what i did a few years ago. unlimited data abroad.
Thanks, Maddo. That's what I'm thinking.
Will have to see if my phone takes dual sim or needs to be unlocked or if it might be cheap enough to buy a one off payg 3three phone to use abroad.
Its something I should have done years ago at the advent of Uber etc but I'm old and technophobic.
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Good information OP. Thanks for posting.

Also on Tesco mobile but have a couple of old phones which I will unlock and then use a 3 sim payg.
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I was really hoping that by now it would be becoming easier to get boarding passes. Sounds like it’s still pretty stressful.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

bloody hell. what a faff, Hollywood Studios has been one of my favourite parks. slightly dreading it now. we’re going end of August, I can’t even get a decent time go sci fi diner so I guess that indicates how horrible HS is going to be.
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List