Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
2 becomes 3 and one gluten free, a trip to Celebration was not on our plan! September 2018 Completed

So our trip was booked on 4th April 2017 for CBR with QSDP for DH and myself. At the time of booking we thought CBR food court would be up and running ……… well we all know how that ends. We missed the opening date by a couple of weeks but this did not really affect our holiday as we quite liked the buffet in the food tent.
Forward to April 2018 and DD decided she was able to join us so we added her to our reservation. And 2 became 3. She eats a wheat free diet hence the GF in the title
The reference to Celebration will become apparent as the report continues and is a reminder to everyone to be careful in the heat.
Last November DH and I had a budget trip to WDW and I wrote a report
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1056013.
My question at then end of that report was will QSDP be too much for us? By the end of this report I will give you the total credits we used and had left.
We took variety pack cereals and teabags for the room. We had 2 TS meals OOP; one was included in a tour we booked and the other a treat for DD.
Our starting total for credits; 84 QS and 84 snacks

September 6th 2018
DD had left for Gatwick the evening before as she was flying direct with Norwegian. She would arrive about 5 hours before us in Orlando . We had a taxi booked for 9am to get us to Heathrow. We were flying indirect Heathrow to MCO via Atlanta with Delta. We were through and looking for breakfast with a small tip.

We departed pretty much on time at 12.35. the plane was ½ full and we were able to move forward to sit so we could recline without annoying anyone.
Drinks and snacks appeared first.

Then ‘lunch’. We both had the Gnocchi as the other options didn’t appeal. As usual the bread roll was so cold it was almost inedible. The dessert was a Lily O’Briens lemon and caramel cheesecake it was very sweet and sickly. The cheese and biscuits were Ok

Mid flight there was a mini magnum ice lolly and about an hour before landing a hot Chicken tikka wrap. This was very wet and not great. I think I managed about half.

Uneventful transfer at Atlanta ; we were at MCO by about 8.40 pm and in our room at CBR at 10.30 pm. Too tired to think about food. DD had spent the evening at DS and went to Blaze. Very unhappy that they now charge $2 extra for a GF base but said it was still lovely. Not sure why they are charging extra as we had much more expensive meals than this on the QSDP.

Stats for the 6th
4657 steps 1.7 miles ( not bad as mostly on a plane )
91 degrees F
1 QS credit used
Total remaining
83 QS 84 snacks

Friday 7th September

Up bright and early and collected our refillable mugs. Happy to have found the Halloween design. As we hadn’t picked up milk yet we had a drink but no cereal and left for MK
First stop Starbucks for 2 Strawberry Acai and one iced caramel latte, venti size.

Onward to Gaston’s for one of my favourites , Cinnamon bun. We also had cups of iced water.

We had a lunch reservation at BOG. DD’s was a later time; as we had already booked ours before she decided to come on holiday and we couldn’t add her to our booking. They were happy for her to come in with us. We had pre-booked but the system was not working and we probably wasted 20 minutes booking it again.
DH and I had the braised pork and 2 fountain drinks . It was ok but the presentation wasn’t great as you can see. We gave it 7/10
We had a lunch reservation at BOG. DD’s was a later tim; as we had already booked ours before she decided to come on holiday and we couldn’t add her to our booking. They were happy for her to come in with us. We had pre-booked but the system was not working and we probably wasted 20 minutes booking it again.
DH and I had the braised pork and 2 fountain drinks . It was ok but the presentation wasn’t great as you can see. We gave it 7/10

DD had the allergy French dip, she said the bread was very dry and she felt there was less meat than when she had eaten here before 7/10

We have eaten at BOG many times now. This visit was definitely not as good.
We refilled our drinks before leaving
We then headed to the outlets and to Publix to pick up milk, bananas and grapes for the room. The total cost was $ 16.97
We headed back to DS to pick up our gift card and we do not appear to have eaten anything else that day . Went to food tent at CBR for drinks. We picked up hot chocolate sachets for the room as they did not have any chocolate dispensers.

Stats for the 7th
20046 steps 9.5 miles 3 floors
89 degrees F
4 QS and 1 snack used

Total remaining
79 QS 83 snacks

Saturday 8th September
Breakfast in the room of cereal, fruit and tea
Today we headed to AK which had EMH after visiting Pandora we stopped at Creature comforts for drinks; venti Iced caramel latte, iced chocolate chip Frappuccino and a Strawberry acai

I have failed to take picture of the other drinks but I have some others on future days
After doing the safari and watching Festival of the Lion King we headed to Yak and Yeti QS and ordered 2 honey chickens and 1 teriyaki beef bowl with fountain drinks. We are big fans of this QS and it didn’t disappoint 8/10. The service was a little slow and there is often limited seating at busy times but today was fine.

We went back to CBR for a swim and booked an extra fastpass at HS for Fantasmic
We arrived late pm and headed into ABC commissary to find something to eat. All the meals came with soft drinks.
DH had a beef dish which I can’t find on the menu. He said the beef was fine but the coleslaw was horrible and the meal had not come with the correct sides but he couldn’t be bothered to complain. He gave it 5/10

I had the shrimp teriyaki bowl as I wanted something lighter, it only had about 5 shrimp on it and the teriyaki sauce was too strong. I managed about half the portion 5/10

DD had allergy chicken tenders and chips which she thought were Ok 7/10

After the disappointing meals we picked up ice cream from Hollywood Scoops to take into Fantasmic. I had butter pecan, DD mint choc chip and DH vanilla 9/10

After Fantasmic back to the room for fountain drinks and hot chocolate.

Stats for the 8th
23866 10.8 miles 4 floors
89 degrees F
7 QS meals ad 3 snacks used

Total remaining
72 QS and 80 snacks

September 9th
We started with breakfast in the room again; cereal, fruit and tea.
DD was heading to MNSSHP later so she decided ion a slower start so DH and I headed off to Epcot. We took the bus to HS and walked as we wanted to check how long it would take as we had an early reservation at the Boardwalk later in the holiday.
Entering Epcot from the international gateway is refreshingly easy after the queues at the front entrance. We had Fp’s booked and net DD to do these. She then wanted to eat so she could go back and get ready for MNSSHP.
We went to La Cantina de San Angel and ordered her Nachos and a bottle of water 7/10

We went back to CBR and took our mugs down to the pool for the afternoon.
Around 5.00 we headed to the food tent having had a walk around the resort.
The buffet was varied but possibly not much for people with specific dietary requirements. I particularly enjoyed the Caribbean shrimp and rice.

the desserts were less good apart from this which I loved

After dinner we went to the island market to pick up sandwiches and snacks as we were going off site the next day.
Sorry for the stock photos but I don't think I took any of the grab and go items. We also had a bottle of water.

Stats for 9th September

20200 steps 9 miles 6 floors
92 degrees F
4 QS meals

Total remaining
68 QS 80 snacks

Edited at 08:42 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Monday 10th September
We had and early start 6.15 pickup for a trip to St Augustine
We headed to All star Music where we filled our mugs for the journey.
We had a 2.5 hour journey along the coast. We spent 6 hours in the town visiting the sights.
We had our sandwiches and crisps around midday. These were Ok 6/10. Later in the afternoon we dropped into an ice cream parlour for milkshakes and water. This was $15 for the milkshakes and $2 for the water

DD had been to Epcot and had kids meal chicken nuggets at electric Umbrella with a coke 6/10 as there were only 2 nuggets

She also had another iced caramel latte

We were back in Orlando by 6.45 and took the bus from All Star Music to MK to meet DD
We headed over to Pecos Bills for dinner, DH and I shared the fajita platter and DD had beef nachos . The fixing bar was very poor today and they don’t do Guacamole anymore !. We had water and fountain drinks. The staff in here were particularly miserable today 6/10

We were all fairly exhausted and went back to the room after dinner.

Stats for 10th September
13353 6.8 miles 3 floors
92 degrees F
3 QS 1 snack

Total remaining
65QS 79 snacks

Tuesday 11th September
So today we were up early again
We were booked onto the DestiNations tour and had to be at Epcot for 8.15. We were concerned that the buses may be scarce. No issues we only waited a short while at the bus stop and got to Epcot before 8.00. Great start until DH realizes he hasn’t got his magic band. No time to go back but I am pretty sure we’ll be ok and be able to explain. DD used her initiative and went to the kiosk where a nice CM provided her with a temporary card for him. Crisis averted
Enjoyed this tour especially the first few hours in world showcase without any of the public. Lunch was included at The Rose and Crown at around 11.30
Starter –scotch egg – with salad cream! 7/10

leek and potato soup for DD 5/10 sorry no photo
I had sausages which were very rich 6/10

DH had shepherds pie which he liked 7/10

DD had fish and chips – fish was baked 7/10

Sticky toffee pudding which we were given to share between 4 . 8/10

Part of the DestinNations package is a place in the VIP viewing area in Venice to watch Illuminations. We went back to CBR and went to the pool returning later in the evening to do some fast passes F&W and then watch the show.
chicken korma 10/10

Berbere style beef tenderloin tips 7/10 too spicy for DD

Spanish Chicken and chorizo paella 9/10

The viewing area was great and I am pleased we had such a good view; as we won’t see Illuminations again before it finishes next year. DD had an American dream during the show. She says it was lovely 8/10

Afterwards we headed to L’Artisan de Glace
Candied peanut and peanut butter sauce ice cream and vanilla ice cream 8/10

DD had a strawberry macaron sandwich with vanilla ice cream 10/10

We walked around to Norway and picked up a sweet pretzel with almonds which we shared for breakfast next day. 5/10

Back to the resort for my hot chocolate

Stats for 11th September
19836 9.5 miles 3 floors
93 degrees F
1 Qs for ice creams 5 snacks
Total remaining
64 QS 74 snacks

Wednesday 12th September
Breakfast in the room as previous days
We had Typhoon Lagoon on our itinerary but no one felt like doing this. We went to DS and then took an Uber to international drive outlets. We returned and had a late lunch at Blaze DH and I shared a pizza and side salad. We had one fountain drink and water.

We returned to CBR to rest and then DH and I went out to HS to Toy Story land for our fast passes. It was raining a little this evening but was still very hot. We weren’t sure where to eat, as the menu at Woody’s lunch box did not really appeal. We did end up ordering the BBQ brisket melt from there, which came with a small vegetable macaroni salad and a fountain drink.

We shared this. We were surprised by how good it was; the bread was lightly grilled but must have been buttered first as it was slightly oily rather than dry, a bit like fried bread. The macaroni salad was nice but a little too chilled. We would definitely have again 8/10
We stayed to watch the projection show and had an ice cream from Hollywood scoops whilst we were waiting. 9/10 I love this ice cream.

Back to the room for more hot chocolate

Stats for 12th September
19460 9.1 miles 2 floors
93 degrees F
3QS 3 snacks
Total remaining
61 QS 71 snacks

Thursday 13th September
DH’s Birthday started with cereal, fruit and tea
Given a Mickey mousse from Amorette’s instead of a birthday cake

We took our refillable mugs and did a circuit of the monorail hotels. First stop was the Polynesian where we filled our mugs and looked around the resort and shops. We went on to Grand Floridian and looked in Gasparilla grill but didn’t fancy anything on the menu. Filled our cups and took the boat to MK. From here we took the bus to Art of Animation.
We went to Landscape of flavours for lunch.
DH had the Asian chicken bowl7/10

I had tandoori boneless chicken thighs 7/10 I found this a little greasy and lacking flavour but the sprouts were lovely!

DD had the allergy grilled chicken sandwich 9/10 unfortunately DD wasn’t feeling well but still enjoyed this

We also swapped drinks for gelato
Pistachio 6/10 and Raspberry 7/10

Nutella 9/10 but didn’t finish this

Back to hotel and then out to MK in pm
We had plaza ice cream’s and iced water from Casey’s. We used 1 QS credit. All 9/10 although the brownie sundae was very rich.

We stayed to watch HEA
Back at hotel by 11 pm we filled our mugs and went to bed

Stats for 13th September

14100 steps 6.4 miles 6 floors
96 degrees F
4 QS
Total remaining
57 QS 71 snacks

Edited at 08:48 PM.
rosiebun3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving it.Food and wine dishes look lovely !
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
The food and wine dishes were the best food we had. Have some more coming up on the !6th
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
September 14th
This day started a little too early at 3.15 am !
DH was taken ill and collapsed unconscious and DD had to call 911 whilst I looked after him.
A trip to Celebration hospital for our first taste of American healthcare.
Eventually diagnosed with severe dehydration and 2.5 litres later started to feel better.
As you can see we generally drink lots of iced water and fountain drinks but in view of how hot it was on the previous day obviously not enough.
DH made a good recovery and was able to leave hospital mid morning.
DD had used a QS for grab and go from the island market whilst we were gone
DH went to bed and DD and I went to comfort eat in the tent, just catching the end of the buffet breakfast.

We spent most of the day at CBR but then headed to AK in the evening, leaving DH in the room. He had some fruit and crisps and a powerade from the island market ,1 QS credit,
We had our FOP pass to use at AK . We shared a night blossom from Pongu Pongu which I thought was too sweet but DD enjoyed

We also went to Creature Comforts and DD got a vanilla bean Frappuccino

After watching the tree of life light up we headed back to CBR. DH was feeling better and wanted a walk. DD was hungry so we headed to Spyglass grill and ordered the allergy angus bacon cheeseburger. She had this as a sandwich as they had run out of buns. DD actually preferred this. She also had an allergy brownie but didn’t eat this

Stats for 14th September
12165 steps 5.6 miles 5 floors
94 degrees F
5 QS 2 snacks
Total remaining
52 QS 69 snacks
Old 14 Oct 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
American Dream slushie, peanut butter sauce, mint choc chip ice cream all winners in my book
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

yay, so far so good!
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry to read your hubby ended up at the hospital just shows how much we should all be drinking!
Hope he was soon feeling much better

Joan
Old 15 Oct 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry to read your hubby ended up at the hospital just shows how much we should all be drinking!
Hope he was soon feeling much better

Joan
Thanks
He was much better after they gave him the IV fluids.
He took it easy for the next few days and was just more careful about how much he drank.
Old 15 Oct 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
15th to 17th added

Saturday 15th September
We were supposed to be at AK for EMH but as we had done all the things we wanted decided to have a leisurely start with cereal and fruit in the room.
We got to AK before our FOP fast pass expired. We picked up drinks at Starbucks on the way out for DD and DH I had water
From here we took the bus to AK lodge as we wanted to look around the resort. Very impressive but not sure I would want to stay here as it is quite a ride to the other parks
We decided on a QS lunch at the Mara, which did take us a little while to find. We all ordered an entrée and dessert and had water to drink
DH had the African stew; potjie with rice he enjoyed this saying it was nicely spiced with lots of veg and meat and a banana. 8.5/10

I had the Mara Chicken salad, this was nice with very tasty chicken and lots of different textures 8/10

I had this cupcake for dessert, it was vile 2/10

DD had more allergy chicken tenders 8/10

And a box of allergy zebra domes which she ate later in the room 10/10 !

The restaurant was quite dark and cramped but the food was good.
It was another very hot day so we went back to the resort to swim.

Later we went to MK to play sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Don’t think I really understood this as it didn’t appear to matter which cards you put together.
Headed back to the resort and we had the buffet in the tent
A few picture from our selections

Stats for 15th
21209 9.9 miles 5 floors
94 degrees F
6 QS 2 Snacks

Total remaining
46 QS 67 snacks

Sunday 16th September

DH wanted to stay at resort to watch the F1, so DD and I went to DS to do the Toy Story Land rides she missed on the 12th
It was another hot day so rather than Starbucks we got cups of water.
DH met us around 11.30 and we decided to go on to DS for lunch at Wolfgang pucks
DD struggles to find anything she can eat here as she didn’t want gluten free pizza again. She opted for the chicken Caesar salad without croutons but really didn’t eat much of it and said the dressing was over powering. 3/10

I had the Chicken Alfredo which I normally love but this was lacking in sauce and not as goof as usual. 7/10

DH was very happy with his meatloaf and mash 9/10

We all had fountain drinks and then headed back to CBR to rest.

Later we went to Epcot for more F&W tasting. We started at the chocolate studios choosing the liquid nitro chocolate almond truffle. This was frozen solid and took a while to be able to eat this. Just a glorified chocolate ice cream really 6/10

DD met us a little later and we picked up our normal Starbucks, iced caramel latte, vanilla bean Frappuccino and chocolate chip Frappuccino for 1 QS

We then went on to the Canada kiosk for the beef Filet Mignon 9/10 this was lovely and very tender

We wandered on but nothing else appealed so we had another ice cream at L’Artisan des glaces same flavours as before as they were good 8/10 1 QS
I only seem to have a photo of the DD ‘s macaron which was as good as previously 9/10

Stats for 16th

19654 steps 9.2 miles
95 degrees F
5 QS credits 2 snacks
Total remaining
41 QS 65 snacks

Monday 17th September

This was our last visit to AK of the holiday. After cereal, fruit and tea we were there in time for our FOP fast pass at 9.00. DH sat this out and sat outside Satuli canteen to wait for us
We wandered around to see the gorillas and tigers ending up near Drinkwallah in Asia and had 2 frozen lemonades and 1 frozen blue raspberry 3 snacks. These were not very nice and I didn’t finish mine 5/10

We were too early for Yak and Yeti so walked around Dinoland arriving in time for the first Nemo show. DD loves this show
After the show we walked back to Satuli canteen to try the protein bowls
I had combination of chicken and beef on red and sweet potato hash with vegetable slaw and creamy herb dressing. Really enjoyed this 8/10 I think I made the best choice of base
DH had combination bowl with mixed grain and rice with the black bean dressing 7.5 /10 and DD had the beef with mixed grains and herb dressing. DD did not like this 5/10

We headed back to CBR for more time in the pool
Out to MK for the evening we ended up at Columbia Harbour house as DD hadn’t eaten much at lunch.
DD had the allergy chicken tenders (she says these were the best at any park) 9/10

I had the salmon (sorry I started eating before taking photo) this was very good. Well cooked and flavourful 8.5/10 The green beans were meh, 4/10

They were already cold when we picked them up. DH had chicken and fish 7.5/10

We had orange juice to drink tonight and DD had coke.
Didn’t stay for HEA and headed back to CBR for more hot chocolate

Stats for 17th
22288 steps 10.6 miles 4 floors
94 degrees F
6 QS and 3 snacks

Total remaining
35 QS and 62 snacks

Edited at 08:53 PM.