Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s awful being ill, especially on holiday. I’m enjoying catching up with the last few days. I suddenly feel the need for ice cream now, I rather like the Strawberry & Peanut Butter in Diagon Alley but Coldstone is definitely my favourite ice cream shop.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love the idea of blueberry bagels... will definitely be looking out for them next time... hope everyone is feeling better now
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Day 4 Orlando-Universal- Cabana Bay

We were moving to Cabana Bay today. P finished off the bagels for breakfast with the kids. I didn’t have anything. P also called in at the hotel lobby. We had free breakfast at the Homewood suites.

It was limited with sausage, bacon, eggs, fruit and donuts. He picked up fruit and donuts for the kids which they ate in the car. Sorry no photos.

We got ice cream from Florean Fortescue's in Diagon Alley mid morning.
D got strawberry and peanut butter and vanilla. He liked the vanilla but didn’t eat the strawberry because of the peanut butter.
P got clotted cream (which is actually cream cheese) so kind of tangy not clotted cream as we would know it. And sticky toffee. He shared this with A. I didn’t fancy anything.
Sorry this is goodie image but looked exactly the same.

$12.75

We came back to the resort and decided to try the bay line diner while waiting for our room. I got an email about 1.30pm to say it was ready.

I was feeling a bit better but wanted something simple. I got the kids grilled cheese sandwich. This was made to order and very tasty.

P got the grilled cheese and brisket sandwich. Again made to order and came with either fruit, crisps or a little pasta salad.
Sorry I was quite poor with the photos today.

He enjoyed this, total was $19.16

After the kids had a nap we headed back out and went to Panda Express.
It was busy but we found a table eventually.
I got orange chicken and rice, same for the kids.

These were quite big portions, I should of just got a kids size.
P got Beijing beef and another beef dish I can’t remember, sorry.

This was ok not great, I’ve decided that Panda Express sounds great but is actually sub-par rubbish takeaway. Must remember to not return.

Cold Stone
D wanted a “better” ice cream than earlier!
He got like it (which is the smallest) strawberry with sprinkles and chocolate sauce.
I got like it birthday cake remix : Cake Batter Ice Cream with Rainbow Sprinkles, Brownie and Fudge. I shared this with A (she never finishes a full cone/ice cream)

Image from google
Cant go wrong with Cold Stone, these were lovely. $14.03
I am enjoying your report. We did seven nights Universal this year and I did a food report. We thought Panda Express was dreadful, I left 3/4 of mine uneaten, my orange chicken was mainly batter.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Enjoying report so far. I’m gutted the Fort Lauderdale Route has stopped. I was really thinking of this for a couple years time. We really loved Culvers.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Hope you are all better.loving your report x
Thank you, should have the next couple of days up later
Originally Posted by Devojcica25 View Post
Excellent report thank you for sharing! Glad that you all feel better again enjoy 😉
Thank you, thankfully it was short lived

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
It’s awful being ill, especially on holiday. I’m enjoying catching up with the last few days. I suddenly feel the need for ice cream now, I rather like the Strawberry & Peanut Butter in Diagon Alley but Coldstone is definitely my favourite ice cream shop.
I got him the strawberry and cream soft serve later on which he loved, thanks for reading

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Love the idea of blueberry bagels... will definitely be looking out for them next time... hope everyone is feeling better now
They are amazing, but it has to be the Thomas ones. I managed to stuff five packs in my case! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am enjoying your report. We did seven nights Universal this year and I did a food report. We thought Panda Express was dreadful, I left 3/4 of mine uneaten, my orange chicken was mainly batter.
The rice was clumpy, the chicken was too bad but not great. Might have just been a bad day but I’m done with it. Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Enjoying report so far. I’m gutted the Fort Lauderdale Route has stopped. I was really thinking of this for a couple years time. We really loved Culvers.
Thank you, I can catch up on yours too now we are home. I have to say I’m so impressed by home much you manage to fit in. I really struggled with portions, think it might of been the heat. Blimey it was hot and the school groups! We ate at 11am quite a few days and they were all coming in as we were leaving. I’m gutted about fll, although it was a drive down for us it was a lovely airport. Much better experience than mco
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Day 6 Orlando Wednesday- Cabana Bay

We did early entry and D was desperate for breakfast at the leaky cauldron.

As I side note I think the benefit of early entry and the main parks has been so diluted it’s practically not worth it. Gringots was a longer wait during early entry than it was in the evening.

Leaky Cauldron
I bought two adult universal dining plans. Think this only works out cheaper if you eat here. It worked for us. $51.10

I got got two traditional English to share between us. This came with a drink on the dining plan. You can have butterbeer as drink, but we are English and got tea. 😜
Plus two cups of water for the kids.

Bacon and sausage were nice, the breakfast potatoes while sort of spicy. I think they just had loads of pepper on. The croissant was awful.
Overall this was fairly nice, couldn’t of eaten a full one to myself.

On the way out I called into to Vodoo dounuts and got a vodoo doll, a glazed orginal and a little pink. We ate these back in the room. A had hers while the boys had cold stone again.

The vodoo doll was nice with loads of jam in the centre. The glazed original was good too. Still prefer Krispy Kreme, their dough is a load lighter.

They were just like normal doughnuts in fact very similar to the ones from Walmart that are 58c each, sorry!
Krispy Kreme ones we had later in the trip were nicer.
Donuts were
The boys had strawberry and sprinkles with chocolate sauce (same as the other day) and vanilla with brownie. I don’t have a photo as they eaten them before I arrived with donuts.
Vodoo $7.46 (I got six at KK for the same price!)
Ice cream $14.07

I also called into Cinnabon for a sprite for P ($3.99) and to refill our water bottles. We don’t really drink fizzy drinks. We took the Robinson’s small bottles with us which worked well.
I generally got ice from the free style machine and then filled up at the the water fountains near the restrooms. Water tasted fine.

We all couldn’t be bothered to go out, plus D wanted to go in the pool before we had an early night.

Bayline Diner
Sorry but we both got the chicken Alfredo. This was cooked to order, the other pasta option was meatballs which was ready under a heat lamp.
This was really tasty, the chicken was soft and had a good flavour. The sauce was creamy and not heavy. Could of done with some green veg in it as well but that’s just me being picky.

A had a kids cheese pizza. This came with carrot sticks and apple slices. They didn’t have the apple slices so we could sub for a breadstick.
D wasn’t hungry but ate the breadstick.

I liked it here, the food was really nice both times we ate here.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Enjoying your report
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We loved the Bayline diner, making me nostalgic for staying at Cabana Bay! The pasta looks nice.

We never managed early entry into US or IOA but thought it was really valuable for Volcano Bay
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Day 7 Orlando- Universal - RPR

We had bagels for breakfast before heading over to RPR to check in and get our express passes.

Sorry we are pretty boring for breakfast, we will have one or two bigger ones but that’s about it.

As we had express passes this was get all the rides done day!

After a bit of frustrating morning with ride closures we headed into the discovery centre for a cool down and an early lunch. We tend to eat early anyway and it also avoided the coloured t-shirt brigades.

The kids said they didn’t want anything and were happy to snack on grapes and crackers I had brought with me.
They have a toppings bar here so I just got a chicken tenders combo meal. Which comes with a milkshake.
I had such a good photo fail day today (like most of the other days I hear you say!) These are from google.

I filled up the little tray it comes in with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber. I had all of this with some of the chicken and P had the rest. With help from the kids of course!
$15.43, I also used one of drinks credits for a sprite for P.
This was lovely and would definitely eat here again.

We had a condo booked at Windsor Hills so I wanted to drop our bag there. I love sweet tomato P hates it. (Although don’t go for breakfast, it’s rubbish) The one at LBV has load of decent restaurants around it so we dropped him off at Chevys tex Mex and I took the kids.

Sorry I didn’t take any up close of the buffet as it was a bit difficult with the kids on my own. But you walk down the main salad line. Pay and get a seat and then there is lots of other food options for you to get.

D loved it here as he could walk up and get his own food (ie ice cream and brownies!)

I had a salad plate with baked potato, mushroom soup, and some the garlic bread plus ice cream. It was all delicious.
I had a soda, kids had water to drink then pasta followed by brownies and ice cream.

$16.75 with a 20% coupon which I showed on my phone no problem. Bargain (although I didn’t pay for A)

I didn’t get any photos from P although he said he had quesadillas, and then burritos and a mojito. His came to $49!

As a side note, loved RPR more so than Hard Rock. Kids loved the pool, never waited long at all for boat and even the walking path wasn’t far.

Edited at 09:18 PM.
Old 10 Jun 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So sorry to hear you were ill, it's awful when you are on holiday.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List