Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jan 22, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Well we are currently here staying in a remodelled one bedroom at SSR
Rooms are lovely and seem to be wearing quite well
No obvious dents in paintwork etc
The only think we are missing is storage space
I’m staying with DS and his partner so at present all of our clothes are in the drawer unit in the bedroom which is fine most of the time but no so good if they want to be up and out early and I’m still in bed!
We’ve got a bit more organised now re getting clothes etc out

One good thing I always request a tea kettle and it the past have been issued one to go on the hob
This year was given a brand new super fast electric one which is brilliant
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We were so impressed with the refurb, the quick serve, pools, grounds and gym this trip (with the parks madness) plus being able to walk / boat over to Disney Springs for Boathouse, Art Smiths and the excellent quick serves (haven’t stayed at SSR since all that was done believe it or not) that SSR has become genuinely our favourite resort. We did a split with Boardwalk but all preferred SSR this year. Of course, Boardwalk is great location and still a favourite. I really missed a decent quick serve around Crescent Lake this year- they are all pretty poor even in Beach Club etc. of course, you are now limited to park hopping into Epcot until after 2 and World Showcase was inordinately busy and not enjoyable, probably partly because a large section of the front of the park is boarded off with no apparent building works being done, years after they ripped it all down.
We have no interest in WDW parks at the moment following removal of Fastpass, and the poor experience at Christmas. We will eventually transition to using SSR as basically a winter break condo for a month a year when retired as it has everything we need.

Edited at 11:17 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
We were so impressed with the refurb, the quick serve, pools, grounds and gym this trip (with the parks madness) plus being able to walk / boat over to Disney Springs for Boathouse, Art Smiths and the excellent quick serves (haven’t stayed at SSR since all that was done believe it or not) that SSR has become genuinely our favourite resort. We did a split with Boardwalk but all preferred SSR this year. Of course, Boardwalk is great location and still a favourite. I really missed a decent quick serve around Crescent Lake this year- they are all pretty poor even in Beach Club etc. of course, you are now limited to park hopping into Epcot until after 2 and World Showcase was inordinately busy and not enjoyable, probably partly because a large section of the front of the park is boarded off with no apparent building works being done, years after they ripped it all down.
We have no interest in WDW parks at the moment following removal of Fastpass, and the poor experience at Christmas. We will eventually transition to using SSR as basically a winter break condo for a month a year when retired as it has everything we need.
So pleased to read this All being well, we should be there in 29 days time and although we'll be doing a couple of days at Universal / Discovery Cove, this will be mainly an SSR / pools / Disney Springs holiday.

Now just to keep away from that pesky virus...
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Here’s some photos of our beautiful one bed room last month. Room 8825 in building 16 next to the grandstand pool.

Edited at 03:03 PM.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Thanks for the pictures.
Looking forward to a March/April trip 🤞🏻
When SS first opened it was usually our only option due to last minute trips. I was never really keen but then after about the 6th stay something clicked and I love the resort now.
I find it peaceful, instant relaxation and love the walk to DS.
Having said that for possible resort only stays in the future with family OKW would be my first choice - I love going home 😀
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

We are in Grandstand area as well
As others have said it’s a lovely peaceful resort and a great location for Disney Springs
We are using Disney transport & have found it to be excellent
Rooms are beautiful
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Here’s some photos of our beautiful one bed room last month. Room 4825 in building 16 next to the grandstand pool.
I had to do a quick double take of the room number
We are in 8425 - for a minute I thought it was the same room
Thanks for sharing your photos
Love the fact they have changed the jacuzzi bath
The new style bath is so deep
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We were in 8830 same building, great building.
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

My mistake 8825! I’ve been in 8425 before. 8825 is the nicest room we’ve ever had.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We were in 8830 on our third week too after a few nights at villas at grand Floridian.

This was the view