Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

How bad is the Mummy for ppl who are wimps?
I was on it about 11 years ago and came off it thinking it was crazy for an indoor roller coaster but I've forgotten what it was like.
Was in Florida last year and loved Aerosmith and did Everest which was ok for me.
My son was too small to get on the Mummy which at the time was relieved about as I'd remembered it being quite scary. However were going back next year and I'll know he'll want to go on.
Can I handle that if I liked Aerosmith and can do Everest?
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jewels1207 View Post
I was on it about 11 years ago and came off it thinking it was crazy for an indoor roller coaster but I've forgotten what it was like.
Was in Florida last year and loved Aerosmith and did Everest which was ok for me.
My son was too small to get on the Mummy which at the time was relieved about as I'd remembered it being quite scary. However were going back next year and I'll know he'll want to go on.
You can def handle the mummy if you are fine on aerosmith and everest
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jewels1207 View Post
I’ve never done RnR as it goes upside down but I do Everest only bit don’t really like is the backwards part 😫I’m ok on the Mummy it’s fast and smooth, small backwards bit, you’ll be fine
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I think I feel ok on Aerosmith because you've got an over restraint rather than lap bar. And Everest is ok because you can see where you're going!

The first (and only) time I ride the Mummy 11 years ago was my first big ride I'd done, it was the first ride of the holiday in a group of 8 adults and I was lulled into a false sense of security because it was indoors and a lap bar. Then came off feeling like it was far worse than I could ever think it was yet proud of myself that I'd done it!
So will need to break my fear this year. Of that and the Hulk. Still can't work up the courage to get on it
jewels1207 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jewels1207
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
I’ve never done RnR as it goes upside down but I do Everest only bit don’t really like is the backwards part 😫I’m ok on the Mummy it’s fast and smooth, small backwards bit, you’ll be fine
RnR loop is actually fine. You're past the loop before you even realise because you're straight into the loop as soon as you're shot out