Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Feb 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I thought I knew all the abbreviations- what are MFSR and SDD?
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run and Slinky Dog Dash.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't comment on RoTR, but from a queuing point of view, Smugglers run moves very quickly and has a lot to look at. Last October we queued for 60 minutes, and I think 75 once, and it really didn't feel like it took that long. On the other hand, the queue for Slinky Dog is boring, snakes around endlessly and feels very much longer than the posted wait time, which at its shortest for us was 40 minutes. Given the option, if I could only FP one, it would be SDD.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

OH and I are huge Star Wars fans so planning HS for our first park visit. Even if we don't get Millenium Falcon fast passes for that day (unlikely I think but you never know!), we're still going to do Star Tours, a look around the land, a quick visit to Oga's Cantina and then watch the Fireworks. Then on our second visit we'll hopefully get MF fast passes and do some other HS rides (Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller coaster etc.)
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sutigger
A Guest at All-Stars

Going mid March and SR and SDD fastplus+ already full for March. We only have 30 day fastpass+ so no good for us. So will look at 3 tier 2 passes for mid morning/lunch and then go to the others first. Another website advises to do SDD first as if you go straight there at rope drop, chances are you would be in queue/on ride/off ride before you would have even got on SR due to the nature of the queue and length of ride. So that's the plan - SDD, straight to SR, then look at our faspasses and other rides. Only planning one day in each Disney park, with a day at the end of the holiday to return if necessary, so for me planning is paramount to ensure we do everything we want.
Sutigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by BebeYorkshire View Post
I can't comment on RoTR, but from a queuing point of view, Smugglers run moves very quickly and has a lot to look at. Last October we queued for 60 minutes, and I think 75 once, and it really didn't feel like it took that long. On the other hand, the queue for Slinky Dog is boring, snakes around endlessly and feels very much longer than the posted wait time, which at its shortest for us was 40 minutes. Given the option, if I could only FP one, it would be SDD.
Slinky dog dash was/is a fun ride but after riding it last year it’s not a priority ride anymore. I don’t really get why so many people love it so much. Offcourse it’s good and fun thing to ride but I miss the wow-factor I bit. So no FP or ropedrop for slinky anymore.
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaxx View Post
OH and I are huge Star Wars fans so planning HS for our first park visit. Even if we don't get Millenium Falcon fast passes for that day (unlikely I think but you never know!), we're still going to do Star Tours, a look around the land, a quick visit to Oga's Cantina and then watch the Fireworks. Then on our second visit we'll hopefully get MF fast passes and do some other HS rides (Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller coaster etc.)
That’s the “problem” we have... we only have time to plan in 2 days at WDW. Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studio’s so I have to try to squeeze in all the new things into a 1 day plan.
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Is Slinky similar to SDMT?
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Is Slinky similar to SDMT?
It’s a bit faster and more of a proper style coaster but still not overly thrilling which means it’s still great for kids. Worth watching a YouTube video to see the difference. The theming is absolutely first class.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sutigger View Post
Going mid March and SR and SDD fastplus+ already full for March. We only have 30 day fastpass+ so no good for us. So will look at 3 tier 2 passes for mid morning/lunch and then go to the others first. Another website advises to do SDD first as if you go straight there at rope drop, chances are you would be in queue/on ride/off ride before you would have even got on SR due to the nature of the queue and length of ride. So that's the plan - SDD, straight to SR, then look at our faspasses and other rides. Only planning one day in each Disney park, with a day at the end of the holiday to return if necessary, so for me planning is paramount to ensure we do everything we want.
Be careful with the SDD Ropedrop because it’s a pretty hard one... be sure to arrive early enough to be in front of the rope dropping pack of people. Last year we still had to wait 30 min even with an early ropedrop. So keep that in mind.
Old 5 Feb 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pluchesteven1 View Post
Slinky dog dash was/is a fun ride but after riding it last year it’s not a priority ride anymore. I don’t really get why so many people love it so much. Offcourse it’s good and fun thing to ride but I miss the wow-factor I bit. So no FP or ropedrop for slinky anymore.
We jumped in the queue just before park close, was the only way that wait times came down far enough for it to be an option.

It is a fun ride but I wouldn't necessarily fast pass it myself, just that if the two options were that or Smugglers run, the queue for the latter is much nicer to stand in.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List