Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Feb 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

Mobile First time trip-character dinning

Hello

Reservations are now becoming available for our first time trip in August. Which Disney character dinning restaurants would you recommend?

And which are best for lunch or tdinner.

Two adults and two kids, ages 7&4.
Many thanks
HolidaySi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It might be worth giving a bit more info. Are you on site, if so where, and what your children are in to (eg are they princessy girls or you want to see Mickey, Minnie and friends?)
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HolidaySi View Post
Hello

Reservations are now becoming available for our first time trip in August. Which Disney character dinning restaurants would you recommend?

And which are best for lunch or tdinner.

Two adults and two kids, ages 7&4.
Many thanks
There are not that many character meals, so you are probably going to get answers recommending every one of them. I also don't think there is any consensus on what is "best", it is down to personal tastes.

There are some character meals that have speaking characters, like the princess meals, Trattoria al Forno, 1900 Park Fare, Storybook Dining. Others have the traditional characters like Mickey and Donald and they don't talk.

For a first trip I would probably pick based upon what characters I want to see rather than the food itself. I would recommend having a look through the character dining options (there are not that many) to see what characters to expect.

disneyworld/dining...racter-dining/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
It might be worth giving a bit more info. Are you on site, if so where, and what your children are in to (eg are they princessy girls or you want to see Mickey, Minnie and friends?)
We are staying at POFQ and we have two boys into most Disney things.
Thanks
HolidaySi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidaySi
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There are not that many character meals, so you are probably going to get answers recommending every one of them. I also don't think there is any consensus on what is "best", it is down to personal tastes.

There are some character meals that have speaking characters, like the princess meals, Trattoria al Forno, 1900 Park Fare, Storybook Dining. Others have the traditional characters like Mickey and Donald and they don't talk.

For a first trip I would probably pick based upon what characters I want to see rather than the food itself. I would recommend having a look through the character dining options (there are not that many) to see what characters to expect.

disneyworld/dining...racter-dining/
4 year old is really into pirates/Captain Hook and 7 year old monsters inc, toy story etc and both love Mickey.
Thanks

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Old 8 Feb 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

4 year old is really into pirates/Captain Hook and 7 year old monsters inc, toy story etc and both love Mickey.
Thanks
Unfortunately, no character dining for Monsters Inc or Toy Story and I cannot think of any pirate based meals either. So perhaps go for a "traditional" (i.e. Mickey, Minnie, Donald) character one.

There are some at the resorts, Chef Mickeys at Contemporary, Cape May Café at Beach Club and Topolino's at Riviera Resort (breakfast only for characters I think). In the parks there is Tusker House in Animal Kingdom, Hollywood & Vine in Hollywood Studios and I believe Mickey is at Garden Grill in Epcot along with Chip & Dale. Maybe take a look at these.

My first character dining was Chef Mickey's. It has all the big five traditional Disney characters, it is probably the loudest and busiest character meal though and some people find it too much.

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there,
For meeting Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc our choice would be
Tusker House Breakfast at Animal Kingdom for...it’s become a bit of a tradition and we always enjoy the food and characters.
My daughter also loved Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fayre - but these characters might not appeal to your boys. I’m not sure why but we always seem to like the breakfasts better than any other meal.
Enjoy your planning 😃
Old 8 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are staying at POFQ and we have two boys into most Disney things.
Thanks
Your boys are very similar ages to what mine were on our first trip, and we also stayed at POFQ. We had character breakfasts at Tusker House and Crystal Palace as we were paying OOP and that is the cheapest meal. The boys loved them both but we felt character interaction better at CP, perhaps we were just unlucky at TH!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We’ve booked
Crystal Palace breakfast, garden grill breakfast, Tuskers lunch,
1900 dinner, story book dining dinner.

Used all five of our TS credits on character meals.
My children will be 8 and 6.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We are also at pofq.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List