Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Feb 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile Upgrading a child to an adult QS meal plan

Hi, we have rang Disney to upgrade our 8 year old daughter’s ticket to an adult’s one so she can choose to either order from the kid’s menu or the adult’s menu on the quick service dining plan. However I have just read on another thread that someone tried to order a meal from the kid’s menu ( for their child but has an adult ticket) and they were not allowed to. Is this correct as on the phone Disney said if you upgraded a child’s ticket to an adult, they could order of both ? Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’d think you can order from both. DS was 11 last year and had the adult plan, but no problems getting a child’s meal when he wanted one. He actually prefers the kids meals and I think it’s plenty of food tbh.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I’d think you can order from both. DS was 11 last year and had the adult plan, but no problems getting a child’s meal when he wanted one. He actually prefers the kids meals and I think it’s plenty of food tbh.
Great, Thanks that’s good to know
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Unfortunately it seems that this is no longer the case, it seems to be very hit and miss at the moment. Please see the post earlier today.
Old 10 Feb 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Unfortunately it seems that this is no longer the case, it seems to be very hit and miss at the moment. Please see the post earlier today.
I haven’t seen that post, I’ll go and look for it. We had no problems at all, although in some instances we did pay cash for DS meal and used the extra adult credits for some 2 credit meals.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Not been for a few years but we upgraded the child ticket to adults. To be fair what we did was paid out of pocket for a couple of the children's meals to get the extra credits as such.

I am not sure how they could refuse you to be honest as you have paid for an adult ticket therefore it comes with adult dining.
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

I was just thinking of doing the same thing.

Can I ask if you have the free dining plan? If so, were they okay about you doing that or did you just amend the date of birth?

Thanks!
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have the free dining plan - so Disney has just changed my daughter’s age to 10 so she will get the adult dining plan - however I want the option for her to have a child’s meal if she wants one ( if she wants mac n cheese). Disney disney did say now we’ve paid the extra she would be able to eat from both - however another thread said this isn’t the case
Old 10 Feb 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lisad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
I have the free dining plan - so Disney has just changed my daughter’s age to 10 so she will get the adult dining plan - however I want the option for her to have a child’s meal if she wants one ( if she wants mac n cheese). Disney disney did say now we’ve paid the extra she would be able to eat from both - however another thread said this isn’t the case
Thanks!

Looking at the kids' menus in the table service restaurants, I anticipate that my 7 year old will be ordering from the adult menu and I'll be landed with the mac n' cheese

I figure there will be plenty of chicken nuggets available on the adult menu at the quick serve options.
lisad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I suspect it is due to Disney IT that they have changed the tills so a credit can only be used against a meal that matches. I believe this is part of the issue at places like Casey's where there is (or at least was) no kids menu.

Edited at 02:51 PM.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List