Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Must do adrs with two small kids

Hey all

Our first trip in sept and super excited! Did plan a few years ago but fell pregnant and had to cancel due to zika so have forgotten all research.

Girls will be 3 and 6 and we have ddp. Any advice on must do adrs (and even advice on brekkie lunch or dinner would be great)

Would love ideas on characters and also any non characters too

Thanks
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

If your girls like princesses then you want to do either (or both!)

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Cinderella royal table

And you can then save yourself a ton of time queuing in the parks to see them.

Rainforest Cafe (Ak or Springs) or / and TRex (Springs) is a good one for kids as well
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

They love princesses, frozen and Disney in general. I’ll definitely look at those thanks.

Any themed ones too would be great.

Beaches and cream sounds good for deserts
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
They love princesses, frozen and Disney in general. I’ll definitely look at those thanks.

Any themed ones too would be great.

Beaches and cream sounds good for deserts
Beaches and Cream is good (Kitchen Sink ) but unless you are staying at the Beach Club / Yatch Club its a little out of the way.

Lots will suggest Tuskers but personally we don't like it.

Crystal Palace is good for the Winnie the Pooh characters.

We like Hollywood and Vine for the Characters but less so for the food.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
T-Rex (dinosaur themed at DS)
Rainforest Cafe (DS & AK)

T-Rex can get dark and noisy during the 'meteor' display that happens every 30 minutes or so. It also has animatronic dinosaurs / mammoths etc.
We've not eaten at Rainforest Cafe yet but I've hear the animal theme is fun.

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at 1900 Park Fare... it’s new to me this year but I’ve heard good things about the character interactions - I think it’s Mary Poppins and maybe Mad Hatter / Alice for breakfast and then Cinderella , Prince Charming and step sisters for Dinner ?... someone more knowledgeable than me should be able to confirm those characters! Another one new to me is Storybook dining at Artist Point... Snow White plus a couple of dwarfs! I’ve heard very good things about there. We took dd (then 6) in 2017 and she LOVED Hoop-Dee-doo dinner show- it’s 2 credits but a lot of fun - we’re doing it again this year Hope my rambling is of some use 😂
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Akershus I would recommend. My girls aged 6 and 9 loved it!

They also liked Sci-Fi dine in theatre. It is quite dark in there though, not sure if good for a three year old?

We liked breakfast at Chef Mickey's (it's a controversial choice and I don't think I would pay the prices OOP) gets very busy in there so I would recommend a very early breakfast reservation so you get in before the rush.

May be worth considering Tony's Town Square, not for the food but for the priority parade viewing package. We didn't do this so can't comment but thinking about it for next time.

I hear good things about Trattoria al forno (Ariel and Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder).

Ohana.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolutely do Garden Grill for breakfast or lunch they will love it! Fantastic interaction!
Old 13 Feb 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BallroomMom
Proud to wear my Ears

Our first time was in 20219 and these were our stops...

1. Crystal Palace with Pooh Bear & friends is great - even I loved these characters soo cute ! We got a table at about 6.30/7pm which meant we could stay and watch fireworks on the terrace which was an unexpected surprise on the night

2. My 10yr old loooooved Ohana breakfast with stitch - this was her absolute favourite but that's cos its her favourite character. Food was good - way too much though.

3. 1900Park Fare breakfast - maybe for older kids if little ones don't know yet who Alice/Mary Poppins is. went for breakfast, next time we will ty dinner to see sisters

4. Cinderella Table for dinner with princesses - good food and good cheesy princess fun. Again we booked dinner and we got a window seat so we could see fireworks which was lovely.

5. Tusker House with donald etc - we did lunch here, place was empty so literally spent an hour doing selfies with characters a million times it was great fun Loved the food here, never thought id enjoy an African curry in 30 degree heat but it was fab

6. Chef Mickeys - this was good but very busy not sure id do this one again ? But if I had smaller kids the it would be on the list

Rainforest café - no characters but food was much better than i expected (read bad reviews but it was handy on the day) and theming is great. We attempted the volcano lava cake ...yum !

Coral Reef is nice for keeping kiddos occupied watching fish etc and food was good here.

Be Our Guest - breakfast so that we could get into park early ! sat in rose room which was dark but theming is great.

California Grill - we did this on our last night for dinner to watch fireworks. Really nice food but if I wasn't on the DDP I would not pay for it. Way too overpriced for what essentially 2 steaks, a kids meal and wine

Top Tip - Mobile Order is the best thing ever so use it when getting quick service or even in Be Our Guest you can pre-order to make everything faster.

I must have done something right cos I asked my daughter to think about what she wants to do for 2021 when we are going back and her reply was everything exactly the same
BallroomMom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List