Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

How to book 2 different airlines

We’re looking at flying to New York and then returning from Orlando but what we really want to do is fly out with Virgin and use miles to upgrade to PE and then fly back with BA as the flight is later than Virgins.

WhTs the best way to book the flights? I’ve been looking at companies like Skyscanner etc but wondered if you’d then be able to use miles to upgrade if you booked it this way
Old 30 Nov 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm not an expert but I think this means buying 2 one way tickets which usually turn out very expensive with BA and Virgin.

I know on Virgin you need to book at least an economy classic ticket to enable you to upgrade assuming there's
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Yep, it will be 2 one way tickets, and expensive..

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

On Kayak, you can do the multiple destination search and probably find flights out with Virgin and return with BA. You may be able to adapt the search criteria to the flight times you are looking for. I don't know if you would then be able to ring Virgin and upgrade. Also I think Virgin fly out of LHR to JFK and BA fly back in to LGW from MCO
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cardiffkjk
Proud to wear my Ears

That’s the same sort of thing I’m trying to do for March next year. I went on Virgin Atlantic site and did multi city.
LHR to JFK (want to stay 3 nights)
MCO to LHR ( fly with Delta, change plane in JFK)

Will need to buy internal flight from JFK to Mco(around $130 each)
-
cardiffkjk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cardiffkjk View Post
That’s the same sort of thing I’m trying to do for March next year. I went on Virgin Atlantic site and did multi city.
LHR to JFK (want to stay 3 nights)
MCO to LHR ( fly with Delta, change plane in JFK)

Will need to buy internal flight from JFK to Mco(around $130 each)
-
Delta and Virgin are partners so this would be quite easy to do. BA and Virgin are not partner airlines so it would not be possible to book as a return flight, only two one way flights.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
On Kayak, you can do the multiple destination search and probably find flights out with Virgin and return with BA. You may be able to adapt the search criteria to the flight times you are looking for. I don't know if you would then be able to ring Virgin and upgrade. Also I think Virgin fly out of LHR to JFK and BA fly back in to LGW from MCO
It would still be 2 one way fares and not a return though.It would only probably be classed as a return if the airlines involved had some sort of interline agreement in place.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

You can’t combine BA and VS without booking two one way tickets. BA and AA can be combined and VS and DL.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List