Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Nov 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGal84
Gone all Goofy

The bubble question

Hi,

We can book our seats for our October flight next year tomorrow and I am considering booking seats in the bubble.

Does anyone know if the arm rests of the seats in dibbers row (79 and 80) fully lift up? We have had bulk seats before, and I found it very stressful as the kids wanted to lay down across me and my DH, but couldn't as the arm rests would not lift up.

Also, I have seen people on here saying that Virgin wont be using the upper deck planes anymore, so what happens if I pay to book seats in the bubble and then they change the plane?

Thank you everyone for the advice!
Old 25 Nov 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Hi I am. It sure what will happen with the phase out of the planes but I do know the arm rests do not fully go up.
( we still favour it though as our now 3 year old still hasn't slept at any point in any seat on any flight)!

Careful though as some armrests downstairs do not always go fully up either! I even phoned virgin once to find out if there were any particular rows this happens with but I got a fairl non commital answer xz
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

My slot to book was due yesterday.
Tried all day, rang both VH and VA for code but no luck. Have been told to wait till Monday / Tuesday.
Seems my flight VS73 is not flying due to re scheduling but no one will confirm. Did dummy run and def not available. So frustrating trying to get a straight answer as to whether we are moved on to the morning VS75
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGal84
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Kimbers View Post
Hi I am. It sure what will happen with the phase out of the planes but I do know the arm rests do not fully go up.
( we still favour it though as our now 3 year old still hasn't slept at any point in any seat on any flight)!

Careful though as some armrests downstairs do not always go fully up either! I even phoned virgin once to find out if there were any particular rows this happens with but I got a fairl non commital answer xz
Thanks!

So other than row 79 and 80, the arm rests of the other seats in the bubble should left up?
Old 25 Nov 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m on row 79. I did a chat with va and they swore down that they went up correctly and reclined correctly as I panicked a bit
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Last time I was in the bubble none of the economy seat armrests went up more than around 45 degrees.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
peachey
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Flew back last week sat on row 79 they definitely only go up about 45 degrees
Old 25 Nov 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kimbers
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I think the whole "bubble" only go just above halfway up.

X
Kimbers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

The armrests definitely do NOT go all the way back in on the back rows, and i'm less certain about the other rows, but I'd share the other opinions that they don't
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
cardiffkjk
Proud to wear my Ears

We were upstairs on our flight on Nov 4th- disappointed that the arm rest didn't go up fully. We had an empty seat next to us and couldn't make full use of extra space. We were in seats 77.
cardiffkjk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List