Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Dec 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

7 days on site - worth it?

We are not long since back from a 2 week trip, which was amazing. It was meant to be our last trip (I know, I know ), but RotR and Tron are calling to my OH and I'm not exactly complaining. We are looking at Sept 2021 for our return.

We can't do 2 weeks again, my cats were really unhappy with us being away that long. We have a good pet sitter but the cats are timid and they basically hid from her for the last week or so. For this reason, I'm looking at just doing 1 week. We don't get jetlagged at all, and can do a park the first night and will fly on a night flight on the last day too, to make the most of it.

We had 1 night at Pop Century and really enjoyed being on site this year, so we're thinking of staying in the bubble, maybe getting free dining and forgoing a hire car. Has anyone else done this? Is it still worthwhile? Does anyone have any tips or hints for booking if free dining is released, particular resorts that have the best transport links? That kind of thing would be great

Thanks!
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

We have done a week on site before and it was amazing, tiring but perfectly doable.
Depends on what pace you take it at, we done all 4 parks more than 1 once, had the DDP so had a sit down meal everyday and done a waterpark. Go for it
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

i did 5 nights in feb and am doing 6 nights this coming feb. for me it was worth and will be worth it as it's what i could budget and in terms of time off for the upcoming trip it's all my mum could get as she works in a school. i'm used to flying to San Francisco for work for less than a week usually so the idea of the flight doesn't bother me for that short a trip and i get my fix!
It's definitely a busy week as you cram a lot in and don't have a huge amount of down time.

We stayed at saratoga springs this feb and have beach club next year. We had free dining so that covered all food and drinks and we planned carefully for meals and fast passes so everything fit in well. not having a car was a game changer, we loved staying on site and only used lyft a few times but it was really cheap so was absolutely fine.

overall, i'm a fan of fitting in a trip where you can if you can afford it and that's all that works for you. by cutting it down it's meant we can do nicer hotels too which adds a touch of luxury to it.

hope that helps a bit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
We have done a week on site before and it was amazing, tiring but perfectly doable.
Depends on what pace you take it at, we done all 4 parks more than 1 once, had the DDP so had a sit down meal everyday and done a waterpark. Go for it
Thank you. We are usually pretty full on in terms of cramming things in, our idea of a rest day is a water park in the morning and park in the afternoon/evening, so that aspect doesn't worry us. If we only go for 1 week we have the option of taking a few extra holiday days at home to rest our feet before going back to work, so that's always a possibility.

I think we would need a proper meal once day at least. We did lots of snacking this trip and I'm not sure it was the best thing to do in terms of energy levels. A sit down in air conditioning is a good idea.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve done 8 nights on site. That included a full rest day and half a rest day and we don’t tend to do the parks in our last day. We got everything done we wanted to do I’m sure you could in 7
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
i did 5 nights in feb and am doing 6 nights this coming feb. for me it was worth and will be worth it as it's what i could budget and in terms of time off for the upcoming trip it's all my mum could get as she works in a school. i'm used to flying to San Francisco for work for less than a week usually so the idea of the flight doesn't bother me for that short a trip and i get my fix!
It's definitely a busy week as you cram a lot in and don't have a huge amount of down time.

We stayed at saratoga springs this feb and have beach club next year. We had free dining so that covered all food and drinks and we planned carefully for meals and fast passes so everything fit in well. not having a car was a game changer, we loved staying on site and only used lyft a few times but it was really cheap so was absolutely fine.

overall, i'm a fan of fitting in a trip where you can if you can afford it and that's all that works for you. by cutting it down it's meant we can do nicer hotels too which adds a touch of luxury to it.

hope that helps a bit.
That's great to read, thank you. If we don't have a hire car it saves a chunk of money that we could use elsewhere, we only really used it this year to get to and from the parks. I figure if we want to go to the outlets or something we can Uber or Lyft for a fraction of the cost. It would be nice to have the odd alcoholic drink here and there too, usually we don't bother as one of us will be driving at some point.

60 day fastpasses would be a big plus as I really struggled to get a lot of the headliner rides this year. We did Slinky Dog at the close of the park but had no chance for FOP, queues were 2 hours plus the whole time too.
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
We’ve done 8 nights on site. That included a full rest day and half a rest day and we don’t tend to do the parks in our last day. We got everything done we wanted to do I’m sure you could in 7
Perfect! I will price up 8 nights closer to it, as we don't tend to do a park on the last day either, I clock watch too much and it spoils it for me. If it has to be 7 nights though I'll make it work. Thank you.
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

you can get it all done in 7 days, so why not
Old 5 Dec 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I am thinking of a single week in 2021 too, although was thinking if Universal not Disney. I have done five days in Disney before, although was part of a longer trip, but I would be happy to do a week just Disney.

The hotels that are walking distance to a park are good locations. Other than that I don’t know that there are only hotels that are particularly better than others for transport, they are all serviced.
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BebeYorkshire View Post
That's great to read, thank you. If we don't have a hire car it saves a chunk of money that we could use elsewhere, we only really used it this year to get to and from the parks. I figure if we want to go to the outlets or something we can Uber or Lyft for a fraction of the cost. It would be nice to have the odd alcoholic drink here and there too, usually we don't bother as one of us will be driving at some point.

60 day fastpasses would be a big plus as I really struggled to get a lot of the headliner rides this year. We did Slinky Dog at the close of the park but had no chance for FOP, queues were 2 hours plus the whole time too.
it's going to be my dad's first ever time going without a car when we go in Feb in 25 years of visits! I cant' wait for him to relax and just not have to worry, he's not a big drinker but just for him to have a beer with dinner without worrying will be lovely.

we're going to use lyft this year to go out to the outlets and a quick trip to publix and cvs to do some stocking up!

the 60 days is also a game changer. i've got my 60 days day in the next week or so and i'm already trying to plan things out to fit with the reservations we've got, definitely gotta try and get FOP for us!

i'm sure that whatever length you decide to do, if you decide to stay onsite you'll be ok. we always of course want to stay longer but just to be able to get whatever time in that we can is great!