blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
The Center Parcs and DLP Bonanza Day 3 - Braiding, Braving & Burning

Trio report index here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/rep...php?userid=332

I was up at the crack of a sparrow's cough again this morning - amazing to watch deer walk casually straight outside our villa.

The girls had hair braiding booked first thing, so I took them over to the sports centre where they were suitably pampered.

Following a walk in the sunshine round the lake we stopped off at a Center Parcs culinary icon - The Pancake House.

If you've never had a CP pancake then you truly haven't lived. These bad boys are BIG and more than enough to beat even Harry's capacity to eat!

Pictured is the all day breakfast - it really is a whole meal in a pancake. Delicious!

After lunch - and a little time for it to go down - it was time for the kids to do what is ominously known as The Drop.

Think 10 metre high tower and four ways to get down: zip wire, leap of faith, jump on a zip line or onto an airbag via free-fall!

The kids did all of them (they are braver than I was at their age). The whole experience took an hour, and the instructors were brilliant, especially for those in the group who felt more risk averse.

They were each given a badge at the end to commemorate the experience.

It must be a good experience when our two teenagers and nearly-teen walk away beaming from ear to ear!

We're back at the villa now enjoying a glass of wine before we head off to the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, and then it's a barbecue for tea.

This holiday lark is exhausting!

Tonight's repast was courtesy of Chef Blusteryday's barbecue kitchen.

The food was delicious. Apologies to our neighbours for setting the fire alarms off. Nuff said!

The sun is setting on a beautiful summer's evening, with the distant sound of other people's smoke alarms confirming we're not the only outdoor cooks tonight.

The weather forecast goes downhill again tomorrow (although not quite as apocalyptic as last weekend) and so we will carry on regardless

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by blusteryday - 13 Aug 19 7:35 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A fab 1st day. Funnily enough. I was looking at my calendar earlier & we were there exactly a year ago (my DD’s had the hair braiding fine as well!). Make sure you enjoy the rapids in the Sub-tropical swimming paradise!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
A fab 1st day. Funnily enough. I was looking at my calendar earlier & we were there exactly a year ago (my DD’s had the hair braiding fine as well!). Make sure you enjoy the rapids in the Sub-tropical swimming paradise!
We sure have Michyloulou, it's just that I haven't taken the camera into the pool yet.

But we do have the bruises to prove we've done the rapids, and Harry is sporting a lovely blue plaster on his toe from cutting it somehow on one of his trips down it - heaven knows how!

The Tropical Cyclone is a firm favourite with us!

Edited at 06:41 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
I absolutely love how much wildlife there is at Elveden, have you had any squirrels come into the villa yet? I literally had them eating out of the palm of my hand on our last visit!

So jealous of your pancakes, I could demolish one of those right now... but have to wait a whole 2 weeks until I actually will

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
I absolutely love how much wildlife there is at Elveden, have you had any squirrels come into the villa yet? I literally had them eating out of the palm of my hand on our last visit!

So jealous of your pancakes, I could demolish one of those right now... but have to wait a whole 2 weeks until I actually will
Yes, one cheeky chap which the girls christened 'Trivago' (odd children) was quite happy to sit with us by the patio doors to be fed this morning. In the background were deer, jays, squirrels and geese - it was like a budget version of the Lion King opening sequence.

We'll leave the place tidy for you. Promise.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Gotta love the Pancake House. Elveden looks lovely.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Now that is what I call a breakfast! There certainly is plenty to do for the children (and adults) as well. Happy kids equals a stress free holiday.
Nice pictures.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List