Notices

Old 16 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 4 (US, IoA, Boardwalk Inn, Epcot)

A busy day today as we move from Universal to Disney. We were awake by about 6am and started getting showered and dressed, then began packing the cases. I say packing, that's what DH and I were doing - the kids were mainly looking at phones and occasionally scrunching something up and throwing it in the case. We went up to the club lounge for our breakfast for the last time, then went to check out. There was a really long line of people checking in so we had to wait a while. When I got to the front of the queue it turned out I didn't need to wait there at all as they had sent the final bill through to my email already, but I hadn't realised that was what they would do.

We got the boat to Citywalk and arrived at about 9am. DD and I both got pictures in the Voodoo Doughnut chair.

We had a hit list today of the things we wanted to get done in the parks and hoped we could manage it all before we needed to leave for our transfer to Disney.

We went to US first and saw there was no queue for Shrek so went on that as we haven't done that since the first time we came with the kids in 2011. It was fun but very jiggly - I was glad I didn't need the loo before I got on!

Next was Rip Ride Rocket (the first on our hitlist for today). I sat this one out - I hate the bit of roller coasters where you slowly ascend to the highest bit before you start going quickly and as the first ascent is literally vertical on this one I just can't face it! I sat in the shade for a while catching up on my trip report instead.

Songs chosen on the ride: DS - Stronger by Kanye West, DD - I will survive by Gloria Gaynor, DH - not paying attention, didn't choose anything and he didn't recognise the song that played!

Next we went on Jimmy Fallon again - I love this ride. We must visit New York in real life some day. We were now finished all the things we wanted to do in Universal Studios park so we headed to Harry Potter land to get the train across to Islands of Adventure.

We were in a carriage with a man leaning forward blocking the screen for the rest of us but looking at his phone! I did the typically British thing of not saying anything at all though! I'm not that bothered about this ride anyway - it's just annoying when people are either so oblivious to others or so selfish that they don't care.

We were soon in Hogsmeade and had a bit of a wander around, looking at the ridiculously expensive sweets in Honeydukes.

We decided to get an early lunch and tried out The Three Broomsticks as the kids wanted some butter beer and it seemed to be a more civilised way of getting it than queueing up in the sun to get some from one of the carts. I was a bit dubious about the thought of the food from here but it turned out to be quite good. DH really enjoyed his smoked chicken with corn, and DD also liked her fish and chips although there was too much food for her to finish.

DS liked the Shepherds Pie, and my mini pasties were only ok but I loved the salad with blue cheese dressing.

We also all had butterbeer - kids both went for the frozen variety, I had butterbeer ice cream and DH had potted butterbeer - all very nice!

DD and the Beaux Batons.

Next we headed for the Forbidden Journey ride. I went on with the kids and DH decided to sit this one out as it had given him motion sickness last time he was on it. I like it but always forget how long the section is with the spiders - which I hate! You can see from the ride photo how much I hate them and how amusing that is to DS!

We walked round to Superhero island and had a final go on Spider-Man.

And then on to the Hulk. DH sat this one out.

And then it was time to get back to the hotel to pick up our transfer

Pictures of Royal Pacific before leaving.

Our driver was waiting for us, right on time, and before we knew it we were pulling into the Boardwalk Inn (at about 2.30pm). We checked in but our room wasn't ready yet so we sat in the lobby for a little while as it was now tipping it down with rain.

Very pretty lobby.

I went back up to the desk at 3pm and they said our room wasn't ready, so I asked for one that was ready as we wanted to chill out. The receptionist found us another room - which we were really pleased with. It is quite big and pretty near to the quiet pool which will be handy. There is also a lovely little fountain outside our room.

We had a rest in the room for a while then headed into Epcot for our reservation at Le Cellier.

Via Britain.

To Canada.

We waited a little while to get seated but didn't mind as they gave us some maple popcorn and did a Canada trivia quiz which was fun - I didn't realise both Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman are Canadian. We all ordered steak of different varieties - I had filet Mignon, DS had ribeye, and DH and DD strip steak. The kids ordered a non alcoholic cocktail which was soda and ice cream. Cam ordered root beer, which we were a bit surprised by - it turns out he thought it was ginger beer. It was all very good (apart from the root beer!). No pictures of the steaks as we were so hungry we started eating before we remembered. We did get dessert photos.

Maple Creme Brulee for me.

Pecan tart for DH.

Chocolate mousse for DD.

Duke Cabooms Nanaimo for DS.

We came out of the restaurant and Illuminations was starting so we stood and watched that for a while. It was actually quite quiet In Epcot and we got a great view.

Epcot was pretty all lit up as we walked out.

And the Boardwalk looked pretty too.

Steps today 21,590.

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 16 Aug 19 10:23 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another great day. The front of line passes are worth the cost of staying at RPR imo - you got loads done. A lovely transfer day to Boardwalk. Your report is pulling at my heartstrings with all the lovely photos from RPR & Boardwalk! Miss them so much!
Your desserts look lovely again.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Kissedafrog - totally with you on not letting people push in the queue, that makes me see red and I would definitely have said something. It's my daughter who is the big HP fan in our family and she was sitting on the other side of the carriage so thankfully it didn't spoil her journey.
sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Michyloulou - yes, I wouldn't want to do Universal without the express passes now, we did that last time we came and stayed at Portofino Bay. It makes the whole experience much more pleasant. Glad you are enjoying the photos - I really love both hotels. The Boardwalk is so pretty, and i think we got really lucky with the room. We are loving the short walk in to Epcot and the friendship boats too.