Notices

Old 16 Aug 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Our Ohana Trip Florida Aug 19 - Travel Day

And we're off!

Good night sleep in our room, my sister's not so much as they were so excited. This is their first family holiday so the plane alone is a huge deal.

My nephew is a super anxious boy and had a great deal of fear building up. We got him a sunflower lanyard at check in last night in the hope staff would be understanding.

Premier Inn breakfast had by all, other than Theo who couldn't stomach anything, a mix of excitement and fear.

We took the train over to South Terminal and only had about an hour to look around in the end, even though we were quick through security.

Down to gate 13 for BA flight to fort Lauderdale at 10.20. my nephew was getting agitated by now so a staff member suggested they board with him so he can settle.

Boarding was quick for the rest of us, we got settled and picked our films.

We have never flown BA before, always going Virgin. We did begin to regret it with all the threats of strikes!

It wasn't as plain sailing in the other row!

Whilst Theo was ok with take off but started to panic when we were still climbing. I did feel for him as he went into complete panic mode.

An air hostess helped to calm him down but the only way he got through the flight was to remain seated, seatbelt fastened and watched 5 films, stopping them every now and again to check where we were on the flight map. Poor thing gripped the arm rests the whole time. He plucked up the courage to go to toilet half way through.

Onto the food!

There was chicken casserole or falafel pasta.

I went for the pasta but it was pretty plain. It was just pasta with some roast veg.

My mother and Lee went for the chicken which was chorizo flavour and they thought it was fine.

The pud was a chocolate ganache thing.

Kids meals were chicken nuggets with mash and corn.

My nephew refused to eat anything all flight, we forced water on him.

I ate his meal and it was really nice!

Afternoon sandwich was chicken bit it was just one in the pack, not even two slices of bread ☹️

Kids had cheese sandwiches.

After the flight we headed to avis for the car rental.

Despite them knowing we needed a 10 seater we had to wait over 45 mins for them to get one. Ended up being a 15 seater which feels huge!

Lee will be doing all the driving and luckily he drives a van for a living so is used to a larger vehicle.

Pizza from the hotel between the three of us then bed. My mother had a mug shot instead 🤣🤣

Bed for us all at 11pm. Mia woke at 2am then went back until 5 am, we were both awake until 6am when we dropped back off until 7 ish.

A very full travel day!

2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ah, I feel for your nephew. We did the same route as you back in April. My middle DD was anxious before the flight (lots & lots of questions and re-assurance), but fortunately she was ok once on the flight (it was her 1st flight too). At least now your nephew has got over that hurdle, hopefully the return flight won’t be as stressful (excuse me mentioning return when you’ve only just landed!). Travel-wise seems like you’ve had a smooth travel day. Enjoy your holiday!
✈️ ☀️ 🎢 🍦 💵 🎇
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Larajp - 16 Aug 19 10:57 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
paulaperk
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We've booked this hotel but considering changing as we like to walk to restaurants, be interesting to see how you find it👍
paulaperk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Yeah I'm hoping the return journey home will be easier, especially as it's 10.20pm.

Thanks for your comments.

Clarion Inn was fine, really close to the restaurants at cross roads. They is plenty around there. The room was fine, nothing special but would defo do the job. We didn't try the pool but looked fine.
2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List