Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Aug 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hiring a second car - Hertz Adrenaline

Hi

I'm thinking about hiring a second car for a few days, my boys (honest) want to try a standard sport, my wife doesn't like driving in US so is there anywhere I can get a car and leave my existing one near by for a few days?

Looking through Alamo, if I booked while I am there do I need a printed copy of the hire voucher?

Thanks

Edited at 02:47 PM.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

You may be very disappointed with a standard sport, I would check out TURO. COM or some of the rental companies which offer more premium sport cars, like hertz adrenaline range
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by RickT View Post
You may be very disappointed with a standard sport, I would check out TURO. COM or some of the rental companies which offer more premium sport cars, like hertz adrenaline range
Thanks, they are cheaper than the standard sport from Alamo in some cases!

The only one available from Hertz adrenaline after a quick search is the Camaro SS and that's from MCO but a lot cheaper than I expected, I will have to look around a bit more.

Thanks Rick, much appreciated.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Just be advised Turo is car sharing as Uber or lyft arnt cabs.
You would struggle to get Insurance from 3rd party as they don't recognise car sharing.
Turo do own insurance but at circ s#@t loads per day.
If you can afford why not, but not a cheap ride.
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Just be advised Turo is car sharing as Uber or lyft arnt cabs.
You would struggle to get Insurance from 3rd party as they don't recognise car sharing.
Turo do own insurance but at circ s#@t loads per day.
If you can afford why not, but not a cheap ride.
Thanks, money isn't a problem although I dont want to pay anymore than I need to I looked at turo.com but didn't really like the idea.
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
Only thing I can suggest is pricing up leaving the car at MCO long term car park, although if it’s like here it may be cheaper in the normal car park, while you enjoy the Camaro SS.
Alex
Quick check of charges for parking at MCO, ranges from $10 to $19 a day. Pretty good value compared to the UK.

Edited at 11:26 AM. Reason: Including Parking charges
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
Only thing I can suggest is pricing up leaving the car at MCO long term car park, although if it’s like here it may be cheaper in the normal car park, while you enjoy the Camaro SS.
Alex
Quick check of charges for parking at MCO, ranges from $10 to $19 a day. Pretty good value compared to the UK.
Thanks, I'm going to call hertz to see if they can deliver elsewhere, they have loads of locations around Orlando.
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Called Hertz and its MCO only for my dates, makes sense why they'd keep most of them there.

I need to get my wife to drive over there, it's so cheap to hire these I might just keep it for a week.
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I got this from the Hertz Adrenaline range.

They assigned me a dodge challenger r/t but changed it to the Camaro SS with no issues at the garage.

Great fun car!

Edited at 11:52 PM.