Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Which character dining experience for 8 & 3 year old?

We're staying at POFQ (with QSDP) next August and I'd like to book a character dining experience for DS who will be 8 & DD who will be 3.
DD loves Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the whole Disney princess thing (especially Rapunzel).
DS is more of a Star Wars fan.
They both like most of the Disney films - Toy story, The Incredibles, Wreck it Ralph, Coco etc

Any suggestions on the best character experience that they'd both enjoy?
Thanks
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

There sadly aren’t any Star Wars character meals or for any of the other films you mention!
We love Tusker House for Mickey and the gang and Crystal Palace for Pooh and friends.
You could try the Star Wars fireworks dessert party for a Star Wars dining experience?
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Crystal Palace is the Pooh and Friends character meal, we like it for breakfast as you then get into the parks earlier.

I agree Tusker House is our favourite for Mickey & friends - they're all in safari gear. Cafe Mickey would be nice for little ones too, pretty generic food.
We also liked Minnie's Summer Party I think it is, in Hollywood Studios - that was the best for us.

Princess wise - we've only done Cinderella's Royal Table which was lovely, and was a good experience although it's very expensive and I don't know what they do food-wise for small people. It's a good place to watch the fireworks from though, some of the princesses were watching some of the fireworks with the children sat near us xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We had breakfast yesterday in Crystal Palace. We have been doing this every holiday since my 16yr old daughter was born.
Both my kids think this is the best character interaction they have been to in wdw.
It’s nice and calm well managed, plus they do alittle dance ever so often that the kids can join in with. ( they don’t join in any more but they still like a cuddle and a photo)
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
We're staying at POFQ (with QSDP) next August and I'd like to book a character dining experience for DS who will be 8 & DD who will be 3.
DD loves Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the whole Disney princess thing (especially Rapunzel).
DS is more of a Star Wars fan.
They both like most of the Disney films - Toy story, The Incredibles, Wreck it Ralph, Coco etc

Any suggestions on the best character experience that they'd both enjoy?
Thanks
There isn’t anything that would specifically fit those sets of likes. I think you need to look at what is offered and pick from what is there. There are a number with the traditional Mickey, Minnie, Donald etc., then there is Winnie the Pooh, Chip & Dale, the princess meals, Rapunzel at the Boardwalk, ugly sisters at Grand Floridian.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Cape May Cafe - Minnie, goofy, Donald, Daisy is my favourite breakfast. It’s rarely full and offers a relaxed vibe. The food is lovely too.

Garden grill at Epcot is also really good too. Mickey, Pluto, chip and dale. The food is served family style which means it’s as much as you want to eat, but served to your table rather than buffet. There is a sticky bun which is absolutely amazing
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had an amazing experience at 1900 park fayre. Our 2 year old granddaughter was blown away by Mary Poppins. She adored Pooh who spent a lot of time with her. The mad hatter was just hilarious 😂 and great interaction from Tigger. The food was the best out of all our Character dining experiences.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List