Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

Halloween nights - An alternative view

I do like Halloween, those cold nights dragging your kids round your village dressed up in some random bin bag and a bit of face paint...

But... Do I want to see loads of pumpkins, some hastily erected towers with cobwebs and cables running everywhere on my August holidays in the sun. I don’t think I do.

I have just seen pictures of Universal taken today and it feels more like they are catering for the evening entertainment rather than the day guests. There seems to have been so much temporary stuff put up it’s to the detriment of what the park is.

I don’t think i’m being an old f**t but it’s made me wonder if I want to do Universal at all when we are there next summer.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Can agree with you to an extent drives us nuts at Universal having to plan round the nights as in Busch but they are plantable Sea World everybody can go and enjoy the fun
Disney is a nightmare with FP planning private party nights etc
We are AP holders to all the parks but Disney so do get our money's worth but on a 2 weeks stay mid to late October it's getting hard to see the Value in tickets at times just my view
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I do like Halloween, those cold nights dragging your kids round your village dressed up in some random bin bag and a bit of face paint...

But... Do I want to see loads of pumpkins, some hastily erected towers with cobwebs and cables running everywhere on my August holidays in the sun. I don’t think I do.

I have just seen pictures of Universal taken today and it feels more like they are catering for the evening entertainment rather than the day guests. There seems to have been so much temporary stuff put up it’s to the detriment of what the park is.

I don’t think i’m being an old f**t but it’s made me wonder if I want to do Universal at all when we are there next summer.
Universal are getting the parks ready for hhn but all the stuff is not out yet unlike Disney that are already doing Halloween on an evening and have been for the last few days and the parks are decorated to reflect this.

Before long they will be getting the parks Christmas ready in mid summer at this rate
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Halloween in the summer Unfortunately it is what it is, I can recall when it actually had to be second week in Oct to catch any of the Halloween stuff! But have a look at any of the Vlogs for MNSSHP first night & a standard complaint is how busy it is so they will "milk" it to death!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List