Notices

Old 20 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 8 (Hollywood Studios and Disney Springs)

We had Hollywood Studios planned for today so we got up and headed to the boat dock to get the friendship boat over there. We were in luck as one was just pulling up as we arrived. The boat stopped at the Yacht club and then the Swan and Dolphin and then Hollywood Studios. I love getting the boat to a park!

It was another really hot day today and Hollywood Studios was really packed. They are doing previews of Galaxy's Edge (the new Star Wars Land) for Annual Passholders but not the general public at the moment - it opens a few days after we leave.

We had a FastPass for Star Tours first - it was a new one we hadn't seen before so I'm not sure whether they have added new scenes in preparation for all the Star Wars fans arriving. None of us were the Rebel Spy - it was a little girl on the front row who seemed quite affronted! On the way out she was saying to her Mum - I am not a spy, I might be a rebel but I am definitely NOT A SPY!

Our next FastPass was for Rock and Roller Coaster but then we had lunch at the Sci-Fi drive in diner which we were literally right next to so we went in and asked if we could have an early lunch and decided to skip the FastPass which we have for another day anyway.

The theming in here is really great - we enjoyed watching all of the trailers for the old sci-fi movies and the cars to eat in are really cute. We were sat at one with a car front and then a normal table which was probably a bit more sociable than sitting two by two in rows.

The kids both had Oreo milkshakes for their drinks.

I had an alcoholic version of the Oreo milkshake with Godiva chocolate liqueur, which also came with a flashing ice cube!

We all had burgers - DH and I with onion rings and the kids with fries. DD had a plain burger and the rest of us went with the BBQ burger. DS and I enjoyed it but DH wasn't too keen.

Dessert was next. I went for the donut with ice cream and apples (had to get at least one of my five a day, right?).

The other three all went for the candy bar.

We left HS and got the boat back to the hotel. We chilled out in our room for the rest of the afternoon - I had a nap and the kids and DH watched Friends bloopers and played on devices.

In the evening we decided to go to Disney Springs for a walk around. It has really changed in the last few years - loads more restaurants and shops.

DH and DS very happy about me taking another photo!

We looked in some of the shops but didn't buy anything. We picked up the $100 gift card we had included with the holiday from World of Disney. We got the bus back to Boardwalk. We had more of a relaxed day today, which I think we needed!

Sunset at Disney Springs.

Back at the Boardwalk.

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by sarmori - 21 Aug 19 4:15 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan