VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
As others have said, they won't change the sheets as you have opted out. You can request them to do yourself or have a full clean and they will charge the $10 for this.

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
We had a guy knock one day when we’d sent the housekeeper away as we’d just got back and he said it was a security check. I assumed they’re looking for evidence of extra guests.

It did seem remarkable that we’d get back (POFQ), there’d be no sign of a housekeeper and 2 mins later they’d knock. I reckon they do it on purpose knowing you’ll likely turn them away.

Only found out when we got back that one of our daughters complained her room had only been cleaned once (there for a week) and they knocked $60 off the bill.
I'm fairly certain the security check is a result of the shooting from the hotel room in Las Vegas, not to check how many people are in the room.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
So you opt out of house keeping only to request a brush because it needs cleaning and want to know when your sheets will be changed. . You opted out..

They need to check the room for dead bodies. They will be very quick, I can understand that inspecting at 4am might be an issue, but not sure it would bother me at 4pm even if I am there.

I would never opt out, I like coming back to a clean room. One trip I found they were coming a bit later than I would like so I called down and asked if they could come earlier. Sorted.
4pm was an issue for us as we had a small child sleeping. However, like you once we opted out and then the Security checks became an issue we phoned and arranged for a clean daily before 12.30. Worked for us.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
I'm fairly certain the security check is a result of the shooting from the hotel room in Las Vegas, not to check how many people are in the room.
Seriously? I think they'd be doing that with a SWAT team, not a Disney cast member.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Seriously? I think they'd be doing that with a SWAT team, not a Disney cast member.
Yes, it was introduced after that as a security measure to check there's nothing suspicious in rooms.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have heard it is exactly as Lisa29 says. The hotel room where the Las Vegas guy had his huge arsenal of firearms had its "do not disturb" up for several days. They are just checking for something obvious, and so they can say that a hotel employee has been in every room, every day. The OP could put a sign on the door asking to be phoned first if the do not disturb is displayed.
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
I have heard it is exactly as Lisa29 says.
I've heard the same thing too - but I think people always look for a handy excuse to grab on to, and that one fits the bill.

I saw a discussion on it elsewhere and a poster in the hotel industry said hotels have always done these kind of checks - I suppose it comes up more now at WDW since they allowed people to opt out of housekeeping.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Actually no Swat team but exactly why they check the room, as a result of the nutjob in Vegas & i'm sorry but it's not done to be convenient. If you are said "nutjob" & you know that they come to check your room at the same time every day, what do you think that you would do with the "stuff" that you don't want found?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We opted out in July, 2 reasons one was they didn’t come till late in the afternoon when we’d be back at the hotel room and the other because my hair falls out loads I’ve was cleaning around anyway! They dropped us off a bottle of anti bacterial spray and when I requested new bedding they dropped us off two lots and plenty of towels for the duration. When the towels were dirty we just left them to be picked up.
We were mostly in for the room check and they just popped their heads around the door and asked if everything was ok, this was fine and never intrusive and I’d rather they did this if there are reasons they need to check the room.
We got $120 gift card which we used to treat our girls to overpriced merchandise due to the shocking £/$ rate 😃

Edited at 07:50 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes!
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

On a normal clean how often do they change the sheets?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
On a normal clean how often do they change the sheets?
From what I’ve heard they don’t in a 2 weeks stay but can’t be sore for definite
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List