Notices

Old 16 Mar 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I may have neglected this a little...

But lots has been happening although only a little has really been Florida related. Today is Zs 13th birthday so I'm off work. But she's retreated to her room with her new beats so I've got an hour before we go out for a family Lunch, perfect time for an overdue update.

Biggest change is we've moved to Port Orleans Riverside! Long story short it was the only way to guarantee the 5th sleeper bed we really want. We have a garden view room as that's all they had but overall I think the resort will suit us better & I'm happy. Though £350 out of pocket. So now we'll be here

At Christmas we did a last minute trip to Lapland which was incredible. A little cooler then Florida at -20! But we loved it & so glad we went

We had a lovely family Christmas

& a very sparkly new year

& the weather in Feb was kind meaning lots of this

Followed by

But back to Florida, I've booked
Halloween party tickets for actual Halloween, in the end I figured they were so expensive anyway I may aswell just pay the bit extra & go on the date we actually want. Attraction tickets came up tops for us & I got a little cashback too. Only deposit paid so far.

I've also booked the MyLounge South as Gatwick. Our flights been put back to 11.40 so we'll be able to make full use of it. It'll hopefully help keep J calm too. S is an NHS paramedic so I managed to abuse his discount & although I can't remember the exact price I got it down to under £70 as that was my budget. Not bad when you consider cost of a restaurant breakfast at Gatwick. It has an outdoor bit I'll be able to use my ecigarette too.

Seats for the plane also chosen, gone for 2 x 2s at that back. I know it'll mean we're slow getting off but it'll be much better for J & I don't have to worry about him disturbing people so much.

October hours are now out so tonight with the help of the kids I'm going to start putting a plan together. ADR day is end of next month and don't want much as we're on quick service but always good to have a plan!

I'm on a bit of a health kick trying to shift a stone. I go on holiday with some friends in 6 weeks & none of my summer clothes fit. Ooops! But hoping if I get it off now I can keep it off for Florida. I always leave diets to the last minute so trying hard right now.

Back soon with Disney days plan #1 x

Edited at 01:23 PM.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great update. Getting so exciting we will be able to book stuff next month. I was thinking of booking the Halloween party for actual Halloween. I still need to decide about that.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great update. Getting so exciting we will be able to book stuff next month. I was thinking of booking the Halloween party for actual Halloween. I still need to decide about that.
I was undecided, mainly due to the cost, when we went in August it was a lot cheaper. I was going to save a bit & go earlier in the week but J loves Halloween & would still expect to go trick or treating somewhere on the 31st so I had a reckless moment & booked them. We did love it & didn't leave until 1am so made the most of it, hopefully can do the same again this year. Apparently we're doing proper costumes this time rather than just t-shirts, if they think I'm putting my big bum into a Mrs Incredible suit they're very wrong!

Just put together a very rough plan but sure it'll change a million times haha.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

I may have also booked it earlier this afternoon yolo! I look forward to seeing your costumes 😂😂

DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I may have also booked it earlier this afternoon yolo! I look forward to seeing your costumes 😂😂
The kids are doing a sponsored skate for charity in May & just found out it's Disney theme. Going to try & work out costumes we can reuse for the party.

Same event 5yrs ago, no chance of getting her In a princess dress now! x
Old 16 Mar 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

My daughter will be nearly 12 when we go. No way she would wear a princess dress either. She only wears leggings and crop tops/hoodies 😂😂

Old 16 Mar 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter will be nearly 12 when we go. No way she would wear a princess dress either. She only wears leggings and crop tops/hoodies 😂😂
Zoe's just come home wearing exactly that 😄 she's 13 today. Pretty dresses are a thing of the past sadly x
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Just a short update with not much Disney related stuff going on at the moment.

ADR day is in just under 2 weeks but as we're on QSDP it's not such a big deal this time. Definitely want a BOG reservation & the breakfast menu suits us better than lunch so will probably do that again. 99% sure I'm going to book a Garden Grill breakfast too but the gift card we got with our booking will cover that.

We're doing a treasure hunt at Easter where the kids will finally find out about the cruise, mega excited for that!

& lastly I've started on MNSSHP costumes. Crazy early I know but J is doing a charity sponsored skate on May 2nd & this years theme is Disney. So being the cheapskate I am I figured I'd do something he can wear for both. I'm hoping you can work out what it is...

Last time I just made these themed tops but he's keen to properly dress up this time

& that's about it for now. Clues are all written for the hunt & I can't wait for that but sad S will be at work. Neither of us get bank holidays off with our jobs so Easter is just a normal weekend to us.

Hope everyone's plans are going well. I do weirdly enjoy it all really x
Old 26 Apr 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Hey there. How did the cruise reveal go? ADR day so soon! I just did a little plan of what I'm going for. Only 4 to book so fingers crossed.

I ordered some maleficent ears from the US for the Halloween party - just waiting for them to be delivered - they look amazing. And my friend does tshirt printing and has all the gear so I will get her to make me some kind of villain vest top. I asked Izzy what she wanted to go as and she wants to wear a spotted red dress like Minnie and some ears. Not sure whether Alex will be on board for dressing up - we'll see.

Good luck for Sunday xx

Old 28 Apr 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Hey there. How did the cruise reveal go? ADR day so soon! I just did a little plan of what I'm going for. Only 4 to book so fingers crossed.

I ordered some maleficent ears from the US for the Halloween party - just waiting for them to be delivered - they look amazing. And my friend does tshirt printing and has all the gear so I will get her to make me some kind of villain vest top. I asked Izzy what she wanted to go as and she wants to wear a spotted red dress like Minnie and some ears. Not sure whether Alex will be on board for dressing up - we'll see.

Good luck for Sunday xx
Reveal went great thanks, they're both really excited. Feels like we can properly countdown now

Oooh ears, I love maleficent. Pic please when you get them!

By some miracle the app worked well, so I'm sat at a freezing cold rink in Nottingham & have booked a BOG breakfast at 8.20 our 1st day, 8.10 garden grill for our Epcot day the 28th & a BOG lunch at 2.40 for the 31st when we're at MNSSHP which might end up cancelling.

Also booked the after fireworks dessert party for the 3rd which is our last night. Spur of the moment decision but think it'll be a nice way to end of Disney stay.

Did you get everything you wanted? X