Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 May 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Tit for tat. Birthday on board... May 19. Santander

Alarm set for 7.30 but I woke up 10mins before. No one else seems bothered to get up. Thinking it’s because it’s so dark in the room.

Georgia up first as usual. Then hubby. We all got dressed and Scarlett was still dawdling.

Finally got to the peninsula and ordered kedgeree and muffin.

Kids had cereal and porridge. Didn’t like the kedgeree at all and shared muffin with kids so still hungry. Hubby asked for an extra poached egg on a side plate and he ended up with 2 poached egg on toast fetched straight after the kedgeree. Not one to waste food he ate it all. Said it was lovely.

Went ashore at 9am and had a walk round. I dunno if we have just chose a cruise with rubbish ports or if we are just mardy but we walked around for 2 hours and
Another port another playground The kids went in which was the highlight and that was it. No cafes took our fancy nor did the shops.

We have spent €0 at THREE ports!

Looks like there is more left for next year now. Wish I hadn’t changed over so much.

Off to Brodie’s. Back to our pog.

We have a sofa that we sit on every day it seems. Ordered a masquerade beer and a coke. Had to pay 10% Spanish tax again.

So glad I fetched a new pad of paper and three pens cos this is keeping everyone quiet. The girls are drawing and hubby is doing the daily ship crossword.
Made a plan for the rest of the day. There was a show on at 7pm called astonishing it’s a magic show so we decided we would get some light lunch now, I wanted to do afternoon tea then feed kids about 5 and we would have buffet after show.

So off to the buffet. I really don’t rate the buffet at all I think it’s a bit pants but got something light and a cuppa.

After lunch we went and sat on sunbeds near breakers bar.

Kids didn’t seem settled they seemed bored. The wanted to go swimming. Now I hadn’t fetched their costumes. One because the weather was supposed to be pants and two I wasn’t going in but we had found the kids pool other day and I thought they could go in there without me so thought stuff if we on holiday so I let them in with just pants and vest. They loved it. Scarlett was practicing holding her breath under water.
They played until 2pm which was when the kids club opened on that level.

We decided to have a cocktail so went and got a table. It was packed and the table was in the shady so hubby decided he’d rather have a nap me and the girls stayed. Didn’t enjoy the cocktail but the girls did. After we went and found a sunbed. Stayed on it for nearly two hours and the kids with very behaved I was surprised. Ordered a coke cos it was absolutely boiling. Didn’t expect this kind of weather at all and it was only 17 degrees. I didn’t put suncream on so managed to burn my parting forehead nose and arms much to the amusement of everyone since I always go on about the suncream. Another lesson learnt.

So it was 4oclock and we were supposed to be having afternoon tea. It was that hot now me and girls weren’t hungry and they said they wanted to go back to the cabin instead. Hubby was still asleep when we got there. He’d obviously forgotten the plans and decided not to set an alarm.

We got ready and went to the kids buffet so that they could eat at 5 as we were going to see that show at 7 and decided to have a drink in the glass house while we waited for the doors to open.
Hubby has a champagne like wine that tasted like pink candy floss again.
Scarlett’s friend from reception saw us. Another 10min conversation with Scarlett about cocktail and Scarlett gave her the drawing of a red one she’d made.

Captain made an announcement. We were changing course due to bad weather on the bay of Biscay. It shouldn’t affect our arrival time at at Peter port but to be careful when walking etc.

At 6.30 we went to go get our seats at the theatre to realise that due to the bad weather it had been rescheduled to 10th instead.

Well that had messed all our plans up now we didn’t know what do for the evening.

So we went to our usual pog at Brodie’s. Got some drinks two Pepsi for us and pussyfoot for girls. Georgia was shattered and had another snooze on daddy’s lap. We decided we would go to the meridian sit down meal. Had potted shrimp, paella and chocolate ganache. I chose the desert cos I wanted to try the salt and vinegar ice-cream. Shimp was awful. Paella was nice. Pudding was just weird. Had cheese board which was nice and a cuppa.

During dinner a waiter rushed over to tell the girls to look out the window. There were dolphins and one popped up right next to our window. Kids were ecstatic. Still don’t have any photos. I am really awful at this. No way am I gonna be able to do a food report for Florida.

Went to Malabar last and hubby and girls had a Tropicana each. I still had coke from dinner.

Then it was bed time. We were in bed for 10. Now this is where everything started going wrong. We were in cabin D103 so we are the first cabin right under the front of the captain just a few decks down. Now you may remember the announcement for bad weather. My god was is bad. I have only ever been as scared like that before once in my life and that was the night Scarlett was born.
As we were under the front of the boat I suspect we had it worst at our end. I couldn’t leave the bed without feeling sick. The boat was rocking so bad I was replaying titanic in my head. Is was awful. Couldn’t sleep. Sounded like a big boom every time we hit a wave. I seriously did not think the boat could stand it and we would sink.
Luckily the kids slept through it all. My hubby doesn’t get scared very often and even he was. It was impossible to sleep. We basically laid there panicking for hours. Last time I looked at the clock it was 6am and neither to us had slept yet. There seemed to be a lull and off we drifted.

Masquerade £4.25
Pepsi £1.95
Tax £0.62
Crush £1.60
Tax £0.16
Pepsi £1.95
Tax £0.20
2 Pepsi £3.90
Wine £4.50
Pussyfoot £3.05
2 Pepsi £5.90
2 Tropicana £6.10 £34.18
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Oh gosh I am sorry you got that weather, the bay can be awful! How scary. Hope girls were ok.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Oh gosh I am sorry you got that weather, the bay can be awful! How scary. Hope girls were ok.
Girls slept though it. They murmured once or twice but they got over a solid 8 hours. Was just worse for us cos they were wide awake in the day and we were just zombies
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
sorry to hear you hit bad weather
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List