Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Jun 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 10

Wednesday 15th May

Feeling much better this morning after a really good sleep. I also tried a new thing last night - of not fully closing the black out curtains, and I find it really helps me to wake up having a little bit of natural light coming through! Sounds obvious but I'd not really thought about it.

We are off to Typhoon Lagoon today so have a leisurely start and go for breakfast at the food court around 9.30, where we share a plate of pancakes and bacon. We go to grab some pool towels and then wait for a bus to Typhoon Lagoon. They have recently changed the buses to the water parks - I believe you used to have to get a bus to Disney Springs, then switch? Anyway they now go direct from the resort, though it is a longer wait than we usually have.

At Typhoon Lagoon, we find a spot with some sun loungers to dump out stuff, then head into the wave pool. Wow! DH loves it but I'm shocked by how intense it is - after getting knocked off my feet and swallowing a load of water a few times in a row, I decide it's not really for me!

We ride Miss Adventure Falls a few times which is good fun and not too scary.

Overall we have a good day, although once I'm there remember how much I'm not really fussed about water parks... none of the rides really do it for me, and despite being careful with sun cream and staying in the shade I end up getting burnt. My favourite part of the day is probably lunch, and the lovely frozen strawberry lemonade that I have with it...

We head back to the resort around 4, and I immediately crash out and have a nap to rest my aching muscles (it must be from lugging around the inflatable rings!)

After a shower, we head off to Disney Springs and I really enjoy just wandering around and taking in the atmosphere.

DH had seen an advert on one of the buses for something called 'The Void' - see here for details (not sure if I can post external links actually, but hope it works?)

Essentially it's a 4D experience themed around Star Wars - there's also a Wreck-It Ralph one, but we go for the Star Wars version. It's not the cheapest activity ever - from memory I think it's $35 each. However... it is genuinely very cool! You get kitted up with a helmet (I think it's one of those Occulus Rift things for those in the know) and a backpack... and a gun... and you explore a series of rooms, except once you put your helmet on, you think you're on a ship. The technology is mind-blowing to be fair. When you look at your team mates they appear to you as Storm Troopers. I enjoy waving at DH until he shouts at me to actually use my gun to shoot down some enemies.

I'm explaining it very badly but it's really good fun and something a bit different to do.

We go for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express again (can't go wrong) where I devour half a chicken... then go shopping at World of Disney, picking up some gifts for people at home, and some gifts for me (Dumbo and a Disney necklace, which I've worn most days since coming home).

We head home on the boat, pick up the usual drinks from the food court and get back to the room around 10.30. Unfortunately it's the first night I sleep quite badly thanks to the sunburn and really sore shoulders. Decide I'll be quite happy to skip water parks next time, but otherwise another good day!

Edited at 10:42 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So glad you woke up feeling better

Good to know about the buses, we had to do the 2 buses in October and it was a pain (in fact we ended up using a Lyft to get there and the buses back.

I LOVE the chicken and garlic mash in WPE, it's making my mouth water just seeing the picture. So glad to see your enjoying it.

That Dumbo is so cute and I love the necklace. What a lovely day Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So glad you woke up feeling better

Good to know about the buses, we had to do the 2 buses in October and it was a pain (in fact we ended up using a Lyft to get there and the buses back.

I LOVE the chicken and garlic mash in WPE, it's making my mouth water just seeing the picture. So glad to see your enjoying it.

That Dumbo is so cute and I love the necklace. What a lovely day Xx
Thank you - yeah, it was so much easier than I'd anticipated with not having to faff around getting on 2 buses. Though the wait times were a bit long, especially coming back from Typhoon Lagoon. Think we waited about 25-30 minutes but some people had been waiting even longer before us.

Yeah, I still can't get over the food from WPE and that it was a Quick Service place, such good value!
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice day but a shame you got burnt.

Love the necklace and Dumbo