Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Hi Niki! I’m thrilled you’re doing another pin report.

Thanks so much for the tip about the mint bags, I’ll keep an eye out for them this year as we did a rotten job of finding last year’s pins when trading. A nice bit of luck getting the Stitch completer!

I’m worried that we’ll forget which pins we already have at home too so I am going to edit the PDFs of each wave of pins marking off which ones we’ve got. A nice little project to help pass the time over the next few weeks.

I’m sure Disney are mocking you with the new dwarfs release!

Really impressed with your haul so far. I think my favourites are the presents. When I saw you’d found the ISTC one I said out loud, ‘That’s the completer’, haha.

Do you know if there’s two of you if you can do two trades each at pinboards? I’ve always wanted to ask but been too scared.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Hi Niki! I’m thrilled you’re doing another pin report.

Thanks so much for the tip about the mint bags, I’ll keep an eye out for them this year as we did a rotten job of finding last year’s pins when trading. A nice bit of luck getting the Stitch completer!

I’m worried that we’ll forget which pins we already have at home too so I am going to edit the PDFs of each wave of pins marking off which ones we’ve got. A nice little project to help pass the time over the next few weeks.

I’m sure Disney are mocking you with the new dwarfs release!

Really impressed with your haul so far. I think my favourites are the presents. When I saw you’d found the ISTC one I said out loud, ‘That’s the completer’, haha.

Do you know if there’s two of you if you can do two trades each at pinboards? I’ve always wanted to ask but been too scared.
Disney are definitely mocking us, we have 6/7 already, still need Dopey and I think he'll be the most popular! They've also released a new wave this week. John downloaded the PDFs and has worked out how to edit on his phone, that's proving handy.

Yes, you can do 2 trades each, but make sure you both have your own pins, on CM was a bit funny when I took a pin from John's bag even though I said give me one of my pins to trade.

Enjoy the prep for your next trip 😊
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Can I ask where you download the pdf's from? It would definitely suit my inner planner to tick them off as we got them!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I got mine from here:
thewdwplanner/hidden-mickey-pin-checklists/
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our first update for today, we hit the board in Mousegear again. This came out at 1pm and, as last time, there were lots on there we needed. We traded 4 pins: 2 more attractions, a card and Mickey present.

Now we have just 1 more from each of these sets to get.

We also did some blind trades and trades for pins we liked. Once again we traded with a member of the public and found him very fair. We gained more shoes, the stitch Mickey head and a day of the week.

We also completed the soda cans by buying some packs.

And have started the ice cream set, we only have 3 to get and have only bought 3 packs so far:

We also bought the last of the limited edition fairytales even pin:

Some good trades again, despite there being no pin board in Canada 😔. Heading to MK later, so maybe we'll find a few there. Thanks for reading 😊
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great trades as we were leaving Epcot! We got a Buzz to go with the Woody, Alien and Lotso:

We also found some pins in sets we have started or ones we just liked:

The best trade we made was with a manager called Michelle. She asked us what we were looking for and she cracked open her 'stash' because she said she liked us 😊. We traded 3 pins with her and she told us to choose a bonus pin.

Old 13 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Following along!
Old 14 Aug 19, 04:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Final trades for this this evening were good. Again, managers had some of the best pins, but we found a hidden gem in the jewellers on Main Street (and I don't mean the $7800 ring I am dreaming about ):

Also found another bowling pin:

Also thought I'd do a quick update on Hidden Mickey sets so far as tomorrow we'll be half way through. I've included the silver pin in the count:

1/7 princess

1/7 villain

1/7 cutesie

3/7 Maui

3/7 Ice Creams

3/7 and 4/7 pixels

4/7 classic characters

4/7 Figment

4/7 Shield

5/7 Rosettes

6/7 Alice - just missing the card of diamonds

6/7 presents, just minnie to go

6/8 dwarfs just need dopey in colour and I'll consider this one complete! But we've been here before

And our first full set, the attractions! Can't believe we found the castle on our way out of MK

So there we have it, so far, so good. We've made a great start on the ice creams, just missing a couple

And a full set of soda cans, if anyone has any idea who the lemonade is, we'd be grateful, we can't work it out even though we'll kick ourselves when we know.

Thanks for reading and sticking with us so far, hopefully we'll have plenty of good luck tomorrow at MK 😊
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Canoeing fairy
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Great haul so far, well done. Is the lemonade one the Yeti from Everest?
Canoeing fairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You are doing so well Niki, it's good to see that they've released the complete sets this year and you're not having to wait for the blind bags to be released to complete them like last year.

I need to make a point of asking to see manager's pins this year, last year I always felt like they were much too busy and much too important to talk to me haha.

We spent a small fortune on pins last year, definitely a rather expensive hobby. Have you seen the upcoming Skyliner Mystery set? It looks fab.