Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile New job, frustrations of waiting for confirmation

I just need somewhere to vent my frustration and I know you guys are always very understanding and supportive 😊.
I was offered a new job 3 weeks ago it was a verbal offer and I’m still waiting ( not very patiently) for the provisional letter😟.
I phoned our HR department and they said I’d probably have to wait another 3/4 weeks! So that’s 7 weeks waiting for a letter before they can even check out references and complete all the other paper work! I’m actually in disbelief that a letter can take so long to be generated!
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done on getting a new job. Cannot offer any advice other than maybe people are on holiday and that's why it is taking so long. Can't believe in this day and age it can't all be done much faster by email etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
Well done on getting a new job. Cannot offer any advice other than maybe people are on holiday and that's why it is taking so long. Can't believe in this day and age it can't all be done much faster by email etc.
Thanks, it’s actually an emailed letter I’m waiting for. It’s NHS so always really slow but this is the worst I’ve ever experienced! All the information comes from the manager, HR just need to send a provisional letter.
I really want to start my new job, my current manager wants a resignation letter but I don’t want to commit until I have everything in writing 😢
Old 16 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Know what you mean about not wanting to resign before you have confirmation. Very frustrating.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

DH had to wait 8 weeks for all the checks for his new job. Had to have advanced vetting.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BarrettFamily View Post
DH had to wait 8 weeks for all the checks for his new job. Had to have advanced vetting.
I don’t need advanced checks, it’s NHS, same board, same city. They haven’t even processed the offer letter yet, it’s still on a list waiting to be processed. The person I spoke to tried to blame my new manager for not sending information but she hasn’t done anything wrong. It’s HR taking forever to process the provisional letter!
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I waited 6 months when I moved from one government department to the Home Office. The security clearance took the longest time ever! I am currently waiting on the same for new start and he started his process in Feb! Such a ridiculous length of time for anything!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds about right unfortunately, everyone is so stretched just now. There is no slack and with holidays on top of that its horrendous.
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm waiting for a start date with the NHS after accepting the job in mid June! I have got to have DCB checks done but they have only started that ball rolling on Thursday and they haven't contacted my referees yet!
Luckily I'm not in any hurry to start so it suits me that they're so slow but I can imagine how frustrating it is in your circumstances, fingers crossed for you.
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stumps
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Thanks, it’s actually an emailed letter I’m waiting for. It’s NHS so always really slow but this is the worst I’ve ever experienced! All the information comes from the manager, HR just need to send a provisional letter.
I really want to start my new job, my current manager wants a resignation letter but I don’t want to commit until I have everything in writing 😢
I read your first post and thought that sounded as efficient as NHS recruitment... I was right!
Stumps is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List