Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sally42 View Post
I was always taught that hats came off as you entered a building be it a house shop or restaurant.
What I DO object to is having to listen to children watching videos with the sound on while I’m dining. The tinny music or high pitched voices of a cartoon. The parents are often oblivious but it really ruins the meal for me.
The interaction between adults and children at meal times is so important in my opinion. It’s such a shame many parents use the phone/tablet as a baby sitter, and ignore the child.
I totally understand if the child has special needs, however headphones could be more introduced to avert this problem for other diners.
Just my opinion/bug bare!
I agree with you about the sounds that come from tablets etc. As we were waiting to take off there was someone playing a game and I could hear a high pitched ‘bling’ sound constantly as they collected coins, or whatever. However, I have an issue with noises anyway so I’m aware it’s probably more an issue with me than whoever is making the sound, but I had to put headphones on to blank it out!
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I don’t care if people are playing on their phones if I’m honest , if they aren't disturbing my meal.so taking a call for everyone to hear or the loud noises on games yes , it’s rude l People eating with their mouth open disturbs me more ! I’ve had my phone out when we’ve been away when my dad took Ill so it was essential for me for updates etc . If I took a call I took it away from the table though in private . You don’t know why someone is actually on their phone.
Personally we put phones down while eating but we do communicate with each other during the rest of the day so if anyone wants to use between course I dont mind . It’s 5 minutes peace sometimes . Annoys me more people not looking where they are going whilst walking and texting .
Hats personal choice like wearing sunglasses inside etc.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
James can't play on my phone while his food is on the table but if it gives me 5 minutes of peace while I'm eating mine I'm all for it.
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I was always taught that hats came off as you entered a building be it a house shop or restaurant.
What I DO object to is having to listen to children watching videos with the sound on while I’m dining. The tinny music or high pitched voices of a cartoon. The parents are often oblivious but it really ruins the meal for me.
The interaction between adults and children at meal times is so important in my opinion. It’s such a shame many parents use the phone/tablet as a baby sitter, and ignore the child.
I totally understand if the child has special needs, however headphones could be more introduced to avert this problem for other diners.

I hate phone noise so there's no chance I would allow James to have the volume on my phone while we're eating but try not to judge parents who let their children play on their phones.

Yesterday we went swimming in the morning for an hour, we went to the park on his scooter and had a picnic, we then went out for my brothers birthday meal and he played on my phone, I've spent all day with James laughing, hugging, chasing, tickling. You're looking at 1 hour of family life and judging them on that.
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
I hate phone noise so there's no chance I would allow James to have the volume on my phone while we're eating but try not to judge parents who let their children play on their phones.

Yesterday we went swimming in the morning for an hour, we went to the park on his scooter and had a picnic, we then went out for my brothers birthday meal and he played on my phone, I've spent all day with James laughing, hugging, chasing, tickling. You're looking at 1 hour of family life and judging them on that.
I’m fine with phones being used by children at the table, that’s the parents choice and I respect that, what I do object to is me having to listen to it because the volume is up high. Often the restaurant is playing music too and together with the background noise of Peppa Pig or some tinny music, it hardly makes for a pleasant meal.
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rik666
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post

Well said, the kids will not be on their phones at the parks etc, so if they want to play for a bit while sitting waiting on meal, what's the problem. Some people really are so snotty and condescending on this forum.
And as for hats, if u can't wear a baseball/ trucker hat in a casual restaurant, in the southern states, then where can u wear them! Lol
Rik666 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

Phones don't bother me at all, but hats do. I feel like trying to eat whilst wearing a hat would be annoying? Maybe that's just me. I was always taught that hats come off at the table.

Me and DH don't have children (yet), so the phone thing isn't an issue. We'll both check our socials or look at the day's pictures whilst waiting for food, but phones go down once the meal arrives. I expect that will change once little ones come along though!
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rik666 View Post
Well said, the kids will not be on their phones at the parks etc, so if they want to play for a bit while sitting waiting on meal, what's the problem. Some people really are so snotty and condescending on this forum.
And as for hats, if u can't wear a baseball/ trucker hat in a casual restaurant, in the southern states, then where can u wear them! Lol
Just to clarify, I don’t have a problem with what other people to choose to allow at meal times, but as a family we all know that meal times are a no phone zone, including at home (unless we aren’t eating together for whatever reason). They spend enough time on their devices every other waking moment, so at least we all know where we stand when it comes to eating
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have never heard that ladies are supposed to remove hats indoors or at the table.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Hats are designed to be worn outside and like you I was taught to take them off when entering any building or when greeting a lady outside - it’s a rule I live to this day .

I have my volume off on my phone always really but if dining alone often use it to read my novels etc
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List