Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
I have heard of this , however they farm contact numbers off those who have numbers on social media profiles in 'settings not set private ' so people can look others up. Its quite a common one in fact, that and the other one doing the rounds now of random calls from primarily USA numbers , when you answer you are charged a small fortune .
What you are descrbing is a myth. you cant be charged for answering your phone. What you can be charged for is returning a call.

With the original post. Did the person at the other end actually reply to anything you said or was it just a rant. There are lots of websites where you can prank people by arranging such a call. You put in the names you want and its an automatic system.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
What you are descrbing is a myth. you cant be charged for answering your phone. What you can be charged for is returning a call.

With the original post. Did the person at the other end actually reply to anything you said or was it just a rant. There are lots of websites where you can prank people by arranging such a call. You put in the names you want and its an automatic system.
Yes he replied and asked for my son to call him and it looks like he’s now blocked my husbands mobile, not that anyone was going to call him!
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

It all sounds a bit confusing (to me anyway).

How was the show and what did you see?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
It all sounds a bit confusing (to me anyway).

How was the show and what did you see?
It’s all a bit odd, someone shouting down my dh phone calling my sons name saying he’s having an affair with his wife Jasmine. When dh said we’ll lets discuss this like adults he calmed down and wanted my son to call him and the blocked dh number! Spoke to my son and he said I wouldn’t have an affair I’m to scared lol!
The Show was On Your Feet all about Gloria Estefan’s life, it was good and lots of singing and dancing. Central line big delays so we didn’t get home till 12. Now my dd has a big boil on her leg so off to the drs,I don’t know why I’m telling you my life story you should be a Agony Uncle!
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Not the same but Dh received a text message this morning. It said hi (nieces name inserted here) signal is poor had a fall, at hospital call me back. The number wasn’t my niece’s. My niece lives 50 miles away and she wouldn’t text dh and her own parents live close by. We didn’t reply and have heard nothing. I presume it’s a premium rate scam.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Presumably they get details from the myriad of ways scammers do, be it hacked company databases or from companies selling data on or something else.

I'm guessing they intend to try and blackmail people for money. After all, even if it takes them 1000 calls, chances are they'll get someone who's been naughty!
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
Not the same but Dh received a text message this morning. It said hi (nieces name inserted here) signal is poor had a fall, at hospital call me back. The number wasn’t my niece’s. My niece lives 50 miles away and she wouldn’t text dh and her own parents live close by. We didn’t reply and have heard nothing. I presume it’s a premium rate scam.
This one's quite common where they try and convince a family member that the person is hurt in another country, needs money etc. Plenty of news articles of people being scammed with that one.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List