Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Jul 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

First time Airbnb any tips

Hired a house Burlington Ontario Any tips, don’t think we are going to cook, just breakfast & snacks, will there be t-towels, will srtrip beds etc... but do we need to hoover & dust on leaving,
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi, you don’t need to hoover, dust or strip beds! You’ll be charged a cleaning fee. I’ve stated in countless Air BnBs and I wouldn’t strip the beds, that’s the point of paying a cleaning fee.

There should be things like tea towels etc, and most I’ve stayed in you’ll find are other little bits left by the host or other guests.

Enjoy
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi! It’s hard in a way to give advice as they all tend to be a little bit different! I’ve always found owners responsive to any specific questions I’ve asked in advance of my stay though. We have had many brilliant stays in Airbnb’s, I hope you do too :-)
Old 12 Jul 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry agree totally no need to clean in any way though we try and wash any dirty dishes or stick dishwasher on when we leave
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for replies,
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We just stayed in our first Airbnb a few weeks ago in Croatia and loved it. We had a whole 2 bedroom apartment so lots of space and very clean. We had hand and bath towels and tea towels provided, plus dishwasher tablets and washing up liquid. Our host also left us some tea, coffee, sugar and bottled water. Plenty of toilet rolls and a kitchen roll was provided and a shower gel (although we used our own)

We used the dishwasher before we left to leave all crockery etc clean and emptied the waste bin but we didn’t clean or strip beds or wash sheets or towels.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I must admit that we do tend to strip beds and ensure the place is left clean on the surface. The main reason - aside from wanting to be nice when hosts have treated us well - is that hosts leave feedback for guests, and poor feedback can mean that you find yourself unable to book AirBnbs that require the host to approve you before booking - although admittedly there are now fewer and fewer of these types. (However we're still proud of all of our excellent feedback as guests!) We've never run in to any scams with Airbnb (fortunately only lovely hosts) but I do still always take photos of exactly how we have left things as well, in case an issue should arise.

As for what will be there - you need to read the listing carefully as each one is individual. The vast majority do include towels, but if it's not clear then drop the host a message. A good host will always be happy to answer questions.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
I must admit that we do tend to strip beds and ensure the place is left clean on the surface. The main reason - aside from wanting to be nice when hosts have treated us well - is that hosts leave feedback for guests, and poor feedback can mean that you find yourself unable to book AirBnbs that require the host to approve you before booking - although admittedly there are now fewer and fewer of these types. (However we're still proud of all of our excellent feedback as guests!) We've never run in to any scams with Airbnb (fortunately only lovely hosts) but I do still always take photos of exactly how we have left things as well, in case an issue should arise.

As for what will be there - you need to read the listing carefully as each one is individual. The vast majority do include towels, but if it's not clear then drop the host a message. A good host will always be happy to answer questions.
I hadn’t realised we would have feedback left for us until we came home. Thankfully we had lovely feedback from our host. We didn’t strip beds etc or thoroughly clean, but we did leave the apartment tidy.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

You need to read the description it should give you an idea of what the owner expects. I have stayed in one in Zurich where we were expected to strip beds and hoover, but that was because they didnt charge a cleaning fee. The vast majority do charge one and you just need to leave it tidy, no dirty dishes etc.
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List