Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
To be honest it is no worse than walking round London. And a lot better than walking round Paris itself, or Madrid, or Venice...

Chainsmoking outdoors is deeply embedded in European culture. Attempt to part someone from their ciggy and you will be at best ignored and at worst thumped. But that goes for the UK too. The only time someone at DLP was rude to me was when I asked an elderly British lady not to smoke over my friend’s sleeping toddler. The woman’s daughter spent 10 minutes yelling at me for being rude!

In 11 visits over the years, I have rarely seen anyone smoke in a queue, and never been in a position where I can’t move away. And I am asthmatic too.

It really is not as big a problem as people make out.
I am glad to hear that it isn't as bad as people make out.

We don't visit/holiday in Europe, only Disney World so it hasn't affected us too much. We always stayed away from the designated smoking areas and now there is no smoking at all in the parks it is even easier.

Funny you should mention London. I went into town with my husband for the first time in 21 years that I have known him (I go all the time, he doesn't) and he commented on the smoking outside the tube station, as people stood directly outside and lit up as if their 3 stop train journey was a 9 hour flight!

I will stick to WDW and wait for DLP to ban smoking.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WDWGunner25 View Post
Thanks, The early start and break in the day for a swim is our Orlando technique so hoping it will transfer well.

Regarding the water, every person who we have spoken to so far, has warned us about it, saying that it makes a lot of Brits sick as we aren’t used to something about it (I can’t remember what) so buy bottled water from supermarket one stop away from the park by train. I’ll double check but interesting to hear that you find it fine!
We’ve always had the water from the water fountains in DLP (we never pay for drinks there, would rather save our money for the shops!) None of us (children and adults) have ever had any problems with the water, and I haven’t heard of anyone else who has. Our first trip, there was a 37 degree heatwave, so you can imagine how much water we got through!

We also found the mornings and evenings to be much more comfortable on hot sunny days. I wouldn’t bother planning much for a five day holiday - it’s good to have your meals booked, but we tend to have a first day wandering around, taking in all the amazing details and jumping on short queues etc as we pass. We then make a little wish list of rides and shows to tick off over the next few days. By day five, we’ve generally done everything off our wish lists, and have another relaxing day revisiting our favourite rides, etc.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Oops, just seen that you might well already be there by now, so that advice might be a bit late. Hope you’re having a great time!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List