Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Jul 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Just on to say that we managed to ride this yesterday. Joined the queue just before 5 and had ridden by 6 despite the posted ride time being 120 mins. Don’t think I’d normally have joined a 2hr queue but it was the lowest I’d seen it and I had heard that it usually goes a little quicker. Saw someone else on Orlando Informer saying they got through in 45 mins at the back of 3 with a 180min wait showing. I wonder if they are trying to put people off a bit. I wouldn’t leave it much later than we did as when we got off the queue was closed for the night.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ski
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Just on to say that we managed to ride this yesterday. Joined the queue just before 5 and had ridden by 6 despite the posted ride time being 120 mins. Don’t think I’d normally have joined a 2hr queue but it was the lowest I’d seen it and I had heard that it usually goes a little quicker. Saw someone else on Orlando Informer saying they got through in 45 mins at the back of 3 with a 180min wait showing. I wonder if they are trying to put people off a bit. I wouldn’t leave it much later than we did as when we got off the queue was closed for the night.
We had exactly the same experience on Wednesday 24th. Joined the queue around 5.15 with a 120 wait time but had been on the ride within the hour. When we collected our things from the lockers the ride was closed otherwise we may have tried to ride it again. It might not be the case all the time but we may have just fallen lucky.
ski is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Any idea when this ride will be included with express passes?
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

We roped dropped Hagrid's on Monday.

My DH and DS joined the queue at the gates at around 7.40 and nipped to Starbucks on Citywalk to get breakfast for us all. We were around 12/15 people back from the gate.

They opened the gate at 8.30 and let people through to the gate at Seuss. There was quite a bit of pushing and shoving and people running to get there. We ended up about 10 people back from the front but the full width of the path was taken up so there were probably 200 to 300 people infront of us.

At about 8.45 they dropped the rope and again there was a bit of pushing and shoving and people running. The queue is directed off through the poseiden theatre and double backs on itself. As you enter the theatre where the ropes are introduced to direct the crowd they gradually narrow. We were just going into the theater as the front of the queue that was double backed passed us.

From this point there was annoyingly people walking past to catch up with other people they were with who had run on ahead.

We had power walked to that point but slowed to a normal walking pace and kept moving steadily until we reached the last room before the actual ride loading.

As we had approached the lockers I took our bag and put it in the locker and caught up with DH and DS just past the lockers but before the actual proper ride entrance, other people were doing the same.

The ride loads very quickly so we weren't really standing still for any more than a few seconds at a time.

There are signs up saying which side of your pair to stand on is you want the motorbike of the sidecar. The person for the motorbike gets on first.

There is a single rider queue and as we were a group of three somebody from the single rider queue was allocated to sit next to DH. It was a kid and I turned around and realised that DH was in the sidecar side of the pair behind me and DS rather than the motorbike side. I queried whether he was wanted to ride the motorbike and he did so told him to swap (I do feel a bit bad for the kid but also felt is you wanted to ride single rider there should be an element of taking what is left). The kids mum was a few pairs infront and turned and realised the kid was in the sidecar position whereas she was in the motorbike position so they swapped.

We were off the ride at 9.28. All of us enjoyed it.

As a previous poster said there is now a ride picture. This was a shambles!

The ride has a pretty high capacity and there were only three people working at the picture bit. When we came out there were about 30 people waiting infront, although some of them were parts of the same group. Our picture disappeared just as DS saw it saw there was no opportunity to catch the number. The photo people were having to scan through all the pictures to find people. It is also the only place that they can print that ride picture at present and just about everyone infront of us wanted prints. I just wanted the digital picture added to our photopass account. It took 30 minutes to get the picture so be warned!

I would also add that a couple of minutes after got off the ride it went down and it was still down 30 minutes later when I had got our picture. If it hadn't gone down I dread to think how mush longer it would have taken to find the pictures and what the queue would have been like.
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List