Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 11 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Marge88 View Post
Sorry if this repetitive but can I confirm that on DDP at a QS restaurant children can still order off the adult menu if they don’t like anything on the children’s menu at no extra cost? Thank you.
As far as I know but I don’t have kids so don’t have first hand experience. I’m sure someone will be along soon who does .

Trip Report Index

Edited at 07:58 PM.
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Marge88 View Post
Sorry if this repetitive but can I confirm that on DDP at a QS restaurant children can still order off the adult menu if they don’t like anything on the children’s menu at no extra cost? Thank you.
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
As as I know but I don’t have kids so don’t have first hand experience. I’m sure someone will be along soon who does .
Yes Lisa is correct. In my experience QS credits have no adult or child value attached to them, a child can order an adult meal, plus an adult can use a QS credit for a child meal too if they wanted.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
When do you sort out your PIN that you need to use when using your credits?
Old 13 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
When do you sort out your PIN that you need to use when using your credits?
You can do it now. I’d definitely recommend doing it before you go.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

My Brain has completely exploded tonight . feels like i have a million and one questions to ask re DDP, so we booked and got the DDP included for free.

I've linked my reservation with TUI to the MDE the dining plan isnt showing though will this appear at the 180 day mark? or do I need to contact TUI?

Can my 10 year old eat from the children's menu? I know this may not be the best use of credits but he needs to eat.

Resort refillable mug how do we use this/where? can we use it in the resort at QS/TS and get a substitute for not taking the drink included in the meal?

I am right in thinking we can eat at a QS place rather than a TS if its what we fancied?

I know some say share a QS meal but can you do this with a TS or if we 3 sit down we all have a meal (i think i know the answer to this is yes we all need to order).

We arrive at the airport at approx 4.20pm staying at AKL would you recommend booking somewhere TS for when we arrive? if so what do you recommend

If we have any credits lefts over these get converted to snack credits, what sort of snacks can we bring home is it just sweets?

If you were doing character dining with a 10 year old where would you go?

Thanks

Edited at 11:19 PM.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Connorsmummy View Post
My Brain has completely exploded tonight . feels like i have a million and one questions to ask re DDP, so we booked and got the DDP included for free.

I've linked my reservation with TUI to the MDE the dining plan isnt showing though will this appear at the 180 day mark? or do I need to contact TUI?

Can my 10 year old eat from the children's menu? I know this may not be the best use of credits but he needs to eat.

Resort refillable mug how do we use this/where? can we use it in the resort at QS/TS and get a substitute for not taking the drink included in the meal?

I am right in thinking we can eat at a QS place rather than a TS if its what we fancied?

I know some say share a QS meal but can you do this with a TS or if we 3 sit down we all have a meal (i think i know the answer to this is yes we all need to order).

We arrive at the airport at approx 4.20pm staying at AKL would you recommend booking somewhere TS for when we arrive? if so what do you recommend

If we have any credits lefts over these get converted to snack credits, what sort of snacks can we bring home is it just sweets?

If you were doing character dining with a 10 year old where would you go?

Thanks
Dining plan doesn’t always show up straight away but your resort details should say MYW plus dining. You won’t see credits available on MDE until you check in.

Yes over 10’s can eat from the kids menu.

Resort mugs can be used at any Disney hotel food court and some hotels have other areas that will fill them for you. Not all resorts allow you to swap your drink for a snack but most do. Only Caribbean Beach doesn’t that I know of.

You can use a TS credit for a QS meal.

You obviously can’t share at a buffet or family style restaurant but I don’t see any reason why you can’t share a meal anywhere else. Character meals you’ll need to use a credit each.

I wouldn’t book TS for arrival day. You may be delayed or you may just not feel like it on the day.

There are loads of snacks you can take home. Have a read of some dining reports for ideas.

As to character meals, I would choose which characters you want to see and decide from there.

Trip Report Index
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DrStrangelove
Trying for More Ears

Is there a way to see beforehand what's included at each particular restaurant for your TS credits, ie. Some higher cost items on the menu aren't included and is a desert or starter included. Thanks
DrStrangelove is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DrStrangelove View Post
Is there a way to see beforehand what's included at each particular restaurant for your TS credits, ie. Some higher cost items on the menu aren't included and is a desert or starter included. Thanks
No there isn't, but 99% of mains are included and your server will tell you if there are any exclusions. Starters aren't included unless you're on the deluxe plan. Desserts are included at TS meals, but not at QS meals.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Hi,

Do you need to tell the server that you want to use a snack/ QS credit when your ordering or is it just a case of scanning your magic band and it automatically uses them?
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saint rob View Post
Hi,

Do you need to tell the server that you want to use a snack/ QS credit when your ordering or is it just a case of scanning your magic band and it automatically uses them?
I always say, 'I'd like to pay using X snack/QS credits' before tapping my magic band so the CM can press the appropriate buttons on the til, and then there can be no confusion

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List