Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 28 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

DAS for character M&G

Most M&G don’t have fastpass, but yet the wait lines can be just as long as popular rides especially in TSL. Has anyone used their DAS for non fastpass M&G?

We managed to use it at mnsshp for 7 dwarves but wonder how this would work on a day to day basis?

Characters are more important to my son than the likes of FOP and Soarin...I’d happily swap my FP to them if you could.

Also has anyone with a cognitive disability accessed the disabled viewing sections for HEA, Star Wars etc? We paid for dessert parties last trip to access viewing, but I’m not sure I want to do that again as my son didn’t enjoy the actual party part.

Thanks for any advice
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

This is a really good question - we are in the same situation and I had not considered how this will work with the non FP M&Gs. I will, however find out when we are there next week and let you know!

I would imagine that if you approached one of the CM supervising the line (there are normally a couple I think from memory of DLP as we have not yet been to Florida) they should do something / allow a separate line.

I know what you mean my autistic DS would far rather meet certain characters. I am sure there will be some sort of arrangement in place.
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’ve not known this happen in non FP character lines. The times I have seen it happen is for Wish Trip children and their families.

We book a lot of character meals, usually breakfasts as they are cheaper, so that DS can see the characters without waiting in long lines.
Old 28 May 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
I’ve not known this happen in non FP character lines. The times I have seen it happen is for Wish Trip children and their families.

We book a lot of character meals, usually breakfasts as they are cheaper, so that DS can see the characters without waiting in long lines.
We do character meals too, but the toy story characters, wreck it Ralph and monsters inc characters are must dos this trip...this isn’t covered by dining.
Yacht Club October 2017
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
We do character meals too, but the toy story characters, wreck it Ralph and monsters inc characters are must dos this trip...this isn’t covered by dining.
We’ve not managed to see Toy Story characters since Toy Story Land opened. The lines have been long and in full sun. Maybe first thing they would be shorter.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
We’ve not managed to see Toy Story characters since Toy Story Land opened. The lines have been long and in full sun. Maybe first thing they would be shorter.
And this is why they should have a system for DAS holders.

Character lines as long as ride lines. A queue is a queue, we can’t wait in them.

We managed to catch Buzz around the back of space ranger spin last trip. 3 people in the queue.
Yacht Club October 2017
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Giraffemoomin
I want to go now!

Mobile

I agree it’s annoying that there’s no DAS procedure for these. I know some people leave one person to wait in the line and then get the others to join them close to the front, if explained to CM I don’t see why that would be a problem, but that only works if you they’re contactable and you have more adults to supervise kids etc.
Giraffemoomin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List