Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jun 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Tuck your elbows in - day 15 - Boo to You times 2

Day 14 is here
Index is here

It was a dreary sunrise this morning, so no sunrise photos today. We left the room at 8:15 and hopped on the monorail, changing at the TTC for our last day at Epcot this trip.

We arrived at Epcot just after 9am, an hour after the park opened for EMH, but there was no way we would be able to get going any earlier today after our late-ish night the night before, and what would certainly be a late night this evening.

So we made the cardinal sin of arriving for regular rope drop on a EMH day, why not add to our sins by starting with Spaceship Earth?

Our future was calling

Our future today included fetching knitwear and salad.

Still gloomy

We zipped over to the Land Pavilion, not for Soarin, but for a quick visit to one of our favourites – Living with the Land

Then over to the Seas with Nemo and friend for a quick trip under the sea

Dear gloom – please go away, love W

Now, we were in Epcot, so you know we are going to end up here – Mexico and my beloved Three Caballeros

It’s just so darn pretty

Next up we had a fastpass to use up over on Frozen Ever After. Who doesn’t love a visit with Olaf? It is such a cute ride & I found myself enjoying it more and more each trip; I still say they should have had Elsa singing Let It Go on the old oil rig…

And with that we say farewell to World Showcase for this trip and head back into Future World for our final Mix It, Make it, Celebrate it over in the Festival Centre.

Today’s session was with Erika Kline, a chocolatier from the British Virgin Islands, who would be teaching us how to create little individual tiramisu. We first saw Erika a number of years ago at another Food and Wine festival session and just loved her presentation, so we were really keen to see her present again.

Our ingredients!

Lovely Erika almost didn’t make it to the session. Her restaurant in the British Virgin Islands took a direct hit from hurricane Irma and at that point had a boat perched on top of it. Eeek.

But her and her team were troupers and let us through the session with good humour and just a tonne of fantastic information.

My finished product in the paper case. Stage 1 of the process was to paint the paper case with chocolate, and we were challenged to see if we were confident enough in our efforts to remove the paper…

R was so proud of hers – she really isn’t once for culinary endeavours other than the consumption of the yummies.

But look how well she did! That was a very well assembled tiramisu cup.

And here is my effort - not too shabby

And they were delicious.
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

With that we said farewell to Epcot for another year, and the Food and Wine Festival for a while – 2021 perhaps?

Monorail time!

We made it back to this lovely sight:

and were back in the room at 2:40 for a little packing (boo) before popping on our costume for the evening – we were MNSSHP bound, finally!

R was ready for an evening of frightful fun

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is pretty much my favourite event ever.

We arrived at Magic Kingdom a little before 5pm, with the party officially starting at 7pm, however you can go in on your MNSSHP ticket as early as 4pm. The skies were looking angry so we were hoping that those clouds would go away and we would not have the festivities rained off.

So R’s costume was a very wearable Mickey Mouse. I went with Anna from the end scene of Frozen.

As you go into the party the cast members issue you with a wristband and then direct you to the Main Street bypass – the one they usher you out through when Main Street is congested for fireworks. There were a whole load of photopass stations set up, so we had to stop off at each one…

Donald has a pumpkin with Daisy’s face… so cute

And look at Pluto – sweet little musketeer

We wandered a little without the camera as the rains started. Boo ☹ but by the time we got to Fantasyland things were starting to look up

We strolled back down the side of the castle with food on our mind – we hadn’t really eaten much today so we needed sustenance before the party was underway

There was only one solution – Sleepy Hollow for a baked potato

and around to Columbia Harbour House for veggie chilli for me, with shrimp and clam chowder for R

R was very hungry, so over ordered and left pretty much all of the chowder. The chilli / baked potato combo is the greatest thing ever.

Tummies filled, we were ready to start the party – by getting in line.

We know how to party.

I love characters. I love character outfits. I adore Daisy and Donald dressed up as a princess and a pumpkin

I also love watching out for other people’s costumes, and these were some of the greatest we saw – these ladies were dressed as Daisy and Donald & the actual Donald and Daisy were losing their minds

We were almost at the front of the line when Donald and Daisy had to nip backstage for a quick snack break. Here they are walking back out again. So. Darned. Cute

Oh photopass photographer, why did you have to cut Daisy’s arm off?

That’s a little better

(My shoes were not a costume choice – they’re a last minute substitution when we realised we may be dodging rain clouds all evening.)

We zipped around the corner and a few minutes later we were meeting the ever fabulous Minnie Mouse who was looking amazing

Then around another corner where we walked straight up to meet pirate Goofy

He was a darling – as always!

Storybook Circus is a great place to start out on party nights - jam packed with characters.

We took our usual second stop from here – Pooh Corner. Its such a joy to meet Pooh with Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet in their little Halloween costumes, and tonight did not disappoint. We ended up waiting for about 30 minutes to meet them, but it was worth it. We ended up bouncing with Tigger and giggling with Pooh Bear – it was just distilled joy.

We were not planning on watching the first parade, but after visiting a couple of trick or treat lines we found ourselves in Frontierland a few minutes before the parade started and came upon a decent spot to view.

Happy R

I adore this parade, the start with the slow start to the sig with the Boo. Boo. Boo to. Boo. Boo to you and boo to you and boo to you… happy Halloween. Yes, I sang that to myself as I typed.

Its glorious.

We were feeling a little worn so nipped back towards the hub where we grabbed a drink from Casey’s Corner and found a perch on the hub grass and settled in with our trick or treat candy and waited for Hallowishes.
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

If you think these are an odd angle, you’d be right. We managed to watch the fireworks sat down which was just lovely.

I love all the little fireworks that almost look like stars

As soon as fireworks were over we dragged ourselves up off the ground and scarpered to the bottom of Main Street USA to get to my favourite spot for the parade – looking straight up Main Street.

I must confess, I was a little grumpy that there was still a scrim up on Main Street bothering my photos, but am so excited to see the finished new magic shop frontage ON SATURDAY!

Headless Horseman time ☺

Then the creeper crew, joined by Nick and Judy from Zootopia

Nick strutting his stuff

Time for Boo to You spam again – hold on to your wifi!

Mickey being fabulous

Menacing pirates

Time for a hoedown with Clarabelle

Big Al!

Love those chipmunks

He’s had a long night already

Cruella’s face kills me

he’s the oogey bogey man

Bowler Hat Guy is surprisingly menacing

Old 7 Jun 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Maleficent is disappointed with my ability to edit down the number of photos I share. No filter…

From here we dragged ourselves back up Main Street to catch the final Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. We were a little too far back to get decent photos, so here are just a few of the gorgeous light effects on the castle.

Anyone else got “I put a spell on you” going round their head?

It was now a little after midnight and we were flagging badly. We grabbed another photopass photo, this time in front of that glorious castle:

It was even a full moon that night, adding a little more atmosphere to the Halloween proceedings

Love Daisy

A window shopping R

I adore the effects on the train station on MNSSHP nights

Pretty horsey

How could we possibly be afraid?

Back in the lift at the Grand Villas.

Not looking too bad considering it was 1:30am! And with that – to bed. Another amazing day, this time made even better by added Halloween party ☺

day 16 is here

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Old 7 Jun 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fabulous day, and once again I'd like to applaud you on your magnificent photos, absolutely gorgeous, especially of the parade- you had a great spot
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Sound like a busy, long, but most of all really enjoyable day - and I have picked up several tips for the mnsshp!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Another fabulous day, and once again I'd like to applaud you on your magnificent photos, absolutely gorgeous, especially of the parade- you had a great spot
Thank you so much I wish I could get that spot for Festival of Fantasy, its my very favourite viewing spot, but for that reason they use it for the reserved area for dining / VIP tours etc etc - although back when it was a fast pass viewing area we did stand there, and my heavens during the day its hotter than the sun standing there.

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Sound like a busy, long, but most of all really enjoyable day - and I have picked up several tips for the mnsshp!
I'm so pleased to hear you have found it helpful! We'll be back with our second MNSSHP day on day 16 - but that will be after our next trip since we fly tomororrow

If you have any questions about MNSSHP please do shout - i'm a little, well, obsessed with that party and have done a lot of research and attended a fair few of them over the years so may be able to help.
Old 8 Jun 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fab costumes for MNSSHP. The parade and firework photos are awesome. I thought you both made great looking tiramisu! I'm sure they were super tasty too.

Have a great trip on your next adventure. So close now you must be so excited.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Your costumes are fab! Another late night good job it’s towards the end of the holiday 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List