Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Jul 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jemstar6
I have Ears

Mobile Linking a magic band

Hi,
So I’ve just come back off holiday with my dads side of the family and we stayed on site at Port Orleans French Quarter and due to this, we got complimentary magic bands.
I am now going on holiday with my moms side of the family at the end of this month. I want to link my magic band to my ticket on my moms holiday but it just said that my magic band is already linked. How would I go about doing this? It would be much appreciated if anyone could help
Jemstar6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jemstar6 View Post
Hi,
So I’ve just come back off holiday with my dads side of the family and we stayed on site at Port Orleans French Quarter and due to this, we got complimentary magic bands.
I am now going on holiday with my moms side of the family at the end of this month. I want to link my magic band to my ticket on my moms holiday but it just said that my magic band is already linked. How would I go about doing this? It would be much appreciated if anyone could help
We had magic bands the first year we went, once you link the new ticket to your account the magic band is automatically linked to the new ticket. We have used the same magic band for 3 years with no trouble
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As long as you have linked the new ticket to your MDE the magic band will work fine with the new ticket

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jemstar6
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
We had magic bands the first year we went, once you link the new ticket to your account the magic band is automatically linked to the new ticket. We have used the same magic band for 3 years with no trouble
I’m unsure if this will work with mine as my tickets for both holidays are completely separate and not on the same MDE account. It was all on my dads before and now on my moms. As far as Disney is concerned, those two holidays have no link whatsoever so it kept saying that my magic band was already linked
Jemstar6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
I’m unsure if this will work with mine as my tickets for both holidays are completely separate and not on the same MDE account. It was all on my dads before and now on my moms. As far as Disney is concerned, those two holidays have no link whatsoever so it kept saying that my magic band was already linked
You need to get disney to link the holiday to your MDE as well (you can link every person in the booking to their respective MDE accounts). That way you will automatically be allocated a ticket and your magic band will work.

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jemstar6
I have Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
You need to get disney to link the holiday to your MDE as well (you can link every person in the booking to their respective MDE accounts). That way you will automatically be allocated a ticket and your magic band will work.
My moms holiday is all already linked to my MDE but my dad didn’t want to risk messing with it before the holiday
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
My moms holiday is all already linked to my MDE but my dad didn’t want to risk messing with it before the holiday
You can do this after booking, if you give disney a call they can normally link it all up for you (you can also do this on the MDE desktop version but I find it doesn't always work).

Old 19 Jul 19, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

You could deactivate your magicband on the account it is active on, then activate it on the new account?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
You could deactivate your magicband on the account it is active on, then activate it on the new account?
Unfortunately, you can't unlink a MagicBand and link it to a different person. Once it's linked to someone, that's it. Deactivating it is not the same thing as unlinking it.

Disney *might* be able to unlink it but the OP would have to phone and ask them.

The OP needs to ensure the new ticket is linked to themselves via the same MDE account used to link the MagicBand as part of their Port Orleans French Quarter trip. The two need to be linked to the same person in that account. If the OP is on two different MDE accounts - one for the old trip and one for the new trip then the system will assume they are two different people.

It might be possible to add the MDE account used for the OP's dad's side of the family to the "Family & Friends" of their mom's MDE account. Thus linking the two accounts. Then the OP's mom can assign the ticket to the OP in the other MDE account.

Otherwise they'll probably have to phone Disney who may be able to transfer their old details (including the MagicBand) over to the new MDE account.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List