Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Wwyd

Had a quote from Charter travel for 2 adults 2 teens for two weeks August 2020. Its to stay in POR with the QSDP and tickets, then for a overnight stay in universal with tickets. Also booked on is a car for 4 days. The quote was for 9660 flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester.
I've just looked online and i can get POR for 10 nights (with QSDP and tickets), universal hotel for 4 days (and tickets) plus the car for 6575. My question being do I risk doing it this way and the flights end up being over the 3000 mark? I am willing to fly from anywhere in the UK as long as its direct.
Thanks
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It's a tough call, but honestly if you are looking for 4 direct flights in August 750 per person is going to be about the "par rate"

Yes you could get lucky and find it cheaper, but also they can be much more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Buttercup1982 View Post
Had a quote from Charter travel for 2 adults 2 teens for two weeks August 2020. Its to stay in POR with the QSDP and tickets, then for a overnight stay in universal with tickets. Also booked on is a car for 4 days. The quote was for 9660 flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester.
I've just looked online and i can get POR for 10 nights (with QSDP and tickets), universal hotel for 4 days (and tickets) plus the car for 6575. My question being do I risk doing it this way and the flights end up being over the 3000 mark? I am willing to fly from anywhere in the UK as long as its direct.
Thanks

Which would you prefer the 13 nights in Disney and 1 night in Universal or 10 nights Disney and 4 days at Universal? They are quite different and depends on what your family would prefer.

I have booked through charter travel once before, through Virgin twice and the last few times and for 2020, I book direct with Disney/Universal and then book flights at 11 or 10 months out.

I also prefer direct flights, never flown Thomas Cook before.

Let us know what you choose.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It's a tough call, but honestly if you are looking for 4 direct flights in August 750 per person is going to be about the "par rate"

Yes you could get lucky and find it cheaper, but also they can be much more.
Thank you for getting back to me. I don't mind the 3000 for the flights I just don't want it to go ridiculously expensive. I'm also concerned with it being Thomas Cook.
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you for getting back to me. I don't mind the 3000 for the flights I just don't want it to go ridiculously expensive. I'm also concerned with it being Thomas Cook.
So long as you book a package (or pay by credit card) you've done all you can to protect the booking
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
So long as you book a package (or pay by credit card) you've done all you can to protect the booking
I'm probably being thick here but would booking through Charter Travel be classed as a package, I'm assuming so but just confirming.
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm probably being thick here but would booking through Charter Travel be classed as a package, I'm assuming so but just confirming.
Without seeing what they actually book I couldn't as for sure, but I'm 99% certain it would be a package