Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jul 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Even though my birthday falls on our trip this is how I feel about wearing it on days that aren’t my actual birthday... I haven’t watched the full series of vlogs yet to see if the you river got wishes happy birthday loads or got anything free but in one of her opening comments that’s what she said she wanted... as I said in my first post we have the QSDP so there will be more than enough free food for me 🤣 Hope your daughter enjoys her birthday and the trip too!
Thank you ... not long til yours now, enjoy your trip and enjoy celebrating your birthday.. I’m sure it will be one you will never forget!
Old 18 Jul 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Fifteen visits ago, a cast member asked if we’d ever been to Disney World. I (in all my 13 year old sensibilities) replied it was our fourth time. The cast member got excited and produced 1st Visit buttons. My mother corrected and said, ‘no, it’s our fourth visit’ and held up four fingers. The cast member said to take the buttons anyway!
Five years ago, I turned 21. But we didn’t go until September. But I wore a happy 21st birthday button all holiday (The cast member wrote 21 on it!). I got a lot of attention, but alas ( ) no freebies.

Edited at 05:49 PM.
Junogirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been twice on my Birthday and both times only wore a badge on my actual day. I did get a few nice treats and some pixie dust.
I imagine there’s so much less given out now due to the number of people wearing the badges everyday or when it’s not really their Birthday but that’s life. I personally wouldn’t but we’re always just happy enough to be there.
Each to their own
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
I'm re using our Red Anniversary badges from 5 years ago (before they stopped them) for our upcoming trip. Just rubbed out the 25 and rewritten 30 with a Sharpie pen. Hopefully we'll get a cupcake like last time!
We do this. On our Golden Wedding Anniversary (we were actually there for it) we were given 2 free QS meals and numerous snacks round Epcot to the point it became embarrassing. Wouldn't have wanted that for more than one day!
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I wore my anniversary badge the whole two weeks!
LRMD is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

We wore our "Happily Ever After" badges for the full duration of our fortnight at Disney!

It was lovely to have people saying congratulations and made it a little bit extra special for us. We did get a free dessert at Coral Reef and a free cupcake at Hollywood Studios when we were only going to get some free water anyway! So that's nice but not expected.

What I have noticed is that there are a lot more people wearing badges now than there was a decade ago. Seems like everyone has cottoned on to it now.
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I have worn one on my birthday and have often been asked if it’s my actual birthday. Once or twice the CM has appeared surprised that it really is my birthday.

I wouldn’t wear it on any other day.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List