Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Jul 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Cali Grill looks amazing! I love how they let you choose extra mains.
Really enjoying your report. Thank you for sampling the Alfredo at both POFQ and POR, you have saved me a job, I’ll just stick with POFQ! 😁
Thanks I wouldn’t walk to POR for that thats for sure.

I was impressed they let you do that and it was great to sample something I’d have otherwise not tried

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
So excited to see Portofino, we are going to stay there for the night for our Wedding Anniversary, I can’t wait! The pizza looks really good and I think I may need to sample the cheese plate with a glass of wine too!
That will be lovely. Such a nice place and cheese and wine bar it’s that view is a must.
Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Oh wow great updates, everything looked great!

Have a lovely day 😎
Thanks. It’s been great

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Yachtsman looks fabulous! We loved our meal there.
I remember reading the good review you posted. We really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Ooh Yachtsman looks amazing! That is on my maybe list for next year if we decide to upgrade to DDP. You look like you're having a great time ☺️
I still love the full ddp especially when it’s busy. Thanks we are having a great time. Only a couple of days left now.
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I really enjoyed our yachtsman meal on our last trip, DD loved that puzzle dessert! 😊
It’s been one of our top meals for sure. Ds would have been better with the puzzle dessert but we are too cool for that sort of thing these days 😂
Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
California Grill Brunch looks amazing.

Wonder if I can convince mate to change one if our dinners for this😀

Am I correct in thinking it’s 2 Table Service Credits per person?

We currently have 1 TS not booked at the mo.

Mate would like to know what was in the magic cookie bar?

Thanks
Yep 2 table service credits. Dinner will be good as well though.

I’m not sure what was in the magic cookie dessert. Coconut, nuts, fudge bits, chocolate... it was good but quite sweetfor mebut I think that was the little fudge bits.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Yachtsman looks lovely. I made a reservation there early today.
Nice, hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I’d totally recommend that mash as a side...

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
I could eat a cheese and cracker platter right now while reading this!

Thanks for the update on the POR pasta - very disappointing.

All the food at Yachtsman looks amazing and I’m always in awe of your sons food choices - there’s no chance of my daughters being so adventurous!
Thanks, it’s always the right time for cheese and crackers 😂

I haven’t loved the food courts at port Orleans as much as I thought I would. The create your own pasta is a big miss I think.

Thanks, ds was delighted with your compliment. He’s really into food, eating it and cooking it and experimenting by modifying recipes to make them his own. He’s super excited for food technology at high school after the holidays.
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Shame storybook was a miss. I’ve got this booked despite nothing really standing out to me as a main and dd will have to have the kids despite being 13 due to fussyness. Putting mains down when you still have appetiser plates is poor.
I think the setting is lovely and characters are great. Dh really liked the chicken.
Still glad we did it.
Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
I had Storybook Dining down as a must do, but I've changed it to 1900 Park Fayre - which I'm now undecided about. Food looks nice, but there's honestly not a lot there that I'd eat - so probably a waste of time. I'd be so annoyed if they hadn't cleared my starter
We loved it first time and I would have encouraged you to go for it.. never done 1900 park fare but lots of people seem to like it.

The not clearing starter did annoy me but mediocre service has been the exception overall.

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Impressive stamina there! Shame the day could not have ended with a slightly better dining experience for you though 😕
I know, we were knackered. It was always planned with a nap inbetween. Just didn’t work out like that. It was still one of my best disney days though.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
I agree with the $28. Also when we went DH breakfast was cold and by the time they brought another we had really missed any early start advantage 😂
It’s a bit hit or miss. Dh is not a fan of the quick service at BoG but I always end up booking it as I think it’s got its benefits. Never in a million years would I pay for it though.

We paid for the dinner at Christmas and at least I felt that you got a decent meal and amount for your money. We only did that for MIl though.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Really want to try that strawberry one
Totally, so good, it’s on my list to have another one on Monday .
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh WPE looked great, I've got it on a 'maybe' list for Disney Springs, but Blaze and Polite Pig are ahead of it at the moment.

I love the look of the strawberry float at Magic Kingdom, hope they still above them when we are there.

Also loved your spotty skirt a few posts back, you looked lovely!

Enjoy your last couple of days!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

HS snacks

Trying to use lots of credits today.

Started with a couple of pop tarts, some galactic punch and smart water.

4 snack credits used

A non alcoholic pina colada slush followed.

5 snack credits used

Just before we left HS we headed to Starbucks and finally found a drink that Dh enjoyed a Strawberry Açai. Plus a mango dragonfruit refresher and 3 cake pops, 2 strawberry and one birthday cake. These were a good size and a nice wee snack.

1 quick service credit used.
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Hope you all enjoy your last few days using up all your credits 😋
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Just having a catch up of your report.
Lots of ups a few downs, but lots of lovely looking food.
We also got a huge stash of choccie from Ghiradelli. I love the mint squares!
My dd also loved the Starbucks Dragonfruit Mango drink.
Have you seen the huge group at FQ? Wondered if the food court etc would be affected. They were being dropped off by 3 magical express buses as we arrived.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Just having a catch up of your report.
Lots of ups a few downs, but lots of lovely looking food.
We also got a huge stash of choccie from Ghiradelli. I love the mint squares!
My dd also loved the Starbucks Dragonfruit Mango drink.
Have you seen the huge group at FQ? Wondered if the food court etc would be affected. They were being dropped off by 3 magical express buses as we arrived.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday 😊
Thanks.

Not noticed any big groups here but we’ve not really been in the resort that much over the last few days.
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Epcot - using credits around the world.

First up Morocco. For years I’ve eyes up the Tangerine Cafe but have never been. Today was the day. We ordered a chicken and lamb shawarma combo and a Diet Coke.

I loved this, exactly my sort of flavours. Dh was less keen but he’s a bit fussy about what he likes and ds really liked it. This was my Epcot top choice today.

Then on to Japan, Katsura Grill is another place we haven’t really been. After really nice teriyaki at Tokyo we decided to go for the shrimp and chicken combo and a Kirin.

This was good too and the favourite of ds and Dh.

For America we went for a funnel cake, can’t go wrong can you and an American dream slushy.

Again we’d never had the American dream and ds loved it, 2 slushy flavours and ice cream.
We watched the guardians of the galaxy music show while having this, I really enjoyed the show. Shockingly I liked it better than the last time we were in that venue for the candlelight processional.

Itay was rubbish for credits, via Napoli pizza window was closed so I just got ds a blood orange San Pelligrino which is his favourite drink of all time.

A storm was brewing by the time we got to Germany so against my better judgement we went to Sommerfest and had the Bratwurst and a grapefruit beer. The beer was great the food was not!

We skipped China as we were running out of time so we went to Kringle, somewhere else we’ve never been. We got school bread, I’d been looking forward to trying this but I really didn’t like it. We also had a troll horn which was lovely and light.

And that was us. 3 quick service credits used and 5 snacks. Not bad for an afternoons work!
Old 21 Jul 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nice snack trail, I felt the same in Germany. I loved the beer but was disappointed with the food especially the crisps. I’m yet to try the school bread it looks interesting, what did it remind you of? Was it just tasteless?
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List