Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jul 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile Alamo Pick up and Drop off times

How strict are they with these times? Our pick up time is 3.5 hours after our landing time and 4.5 hours before we depart. I've called VH to tell them these seem wrong and I think it's to do with them changing our flight times since we booked, but they said its changed on the booking now to 2 hours after we land and 3 hrs before we leave. But i have just checked in at alamo online and it's still got my original pickup and drop off times... do I need to get in touch with alamo to confirm the times they have for us or do I get back into virgin?
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry but I don't fully understand.

If you've booked through Virgin you just collect your car and drive out of the barrier. The hire starts when you drive out. Why do you have to wait 3.5 hours after landing to collect your car.

Hopefully you've got the Alamo voucher and done on line check in so that you can skip the counter and go straight to the garage and pick your own car? Virgin have a deal with Alamo that allows you a couple of hours grace if you're late returning.

Hopefully Mr Morrow who is far more knowledgeable about Virgin/Alamo will be along soon

Mick
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Yes, but the collect time is 3.5 hours after we land, it wont take 3.5 hrs to get through security... I hope!

But also our time to drop the car off is at 15.30 for a 20.00 flight. I don't want to drop the car off at 15.30 but 17.00 as that is 3hrs before our flight/check in time

Edited at 04:35 PM.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mole83 View Post
Yes, but the collect time is 3.5 hours after we land, it wont take 3.5 hrs to get through security... I hope!

But also our time to drop the car off is at 15.30 for a 20.00 flight. I don't want to drop the car off at 15.30 but 17.00 as that is 3hrs before our flight/check in time
Sorry I have missed what time you're due to land but I still don't understand why you have to wait 3.5 hours to get the car. If you're through immigration in 30 minutes why can't you go straight to the car? Have you done on line check-in?

Mick
Old 21 Jul 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry I have missed what time you're due to land but I still don't understand why you have to wait 3.5 hours to get the car. If you're through immigration in 30 minutes why can't you go straight to the car? Have you done on line check-in?

Mick
Yes, but it gives a collection time on the booking and a drop off time. That's why I'm asking how strict they are to the times.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

Alamo can be funny about collection and drop off times, just tell them you will have it back by the same time as collected
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. As per Mick. Alamo care not what time you collect the car. You can be hours early and also hours late. It matters not.

In ash cloud year I think we were 6 or 7 hours late. Nobody cares.

However what does matter is the time you exit the barrier. So if you exit at say 4.15pm you must be back by 4.14pm. Saying that Virgin has a deal with Alamo whereby you can be up to 2 hours late - I wouldn't chance it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. As per Mick. Alamo care not what time you collect the car. You can be hours early and also hours late. It matters not.

In ash cloud year I think we were 6 or 7 hours late. Nobody cares.

However what does matter is the time you exit the barrier. So if you exit at say 4.15pm you must be back by 4.14pm. Saying that Virgin has a deal with Alamo whereby you can be up to 2 hours late - I wouldn't chance it.
Thanks Tom.

That's why I was trying to establish what time the OP was due to land, had they done OLCI to STC and why VH were making them wait 3.5 hours.

But I obviously couldn't help any more.

Mick
Old 21 Jul 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks Tom.

That's why I was trying to establish what time the OP was due to land, had they done OLCI to STC and why VH were making them wait 3.5 hours.

But I obviously couldn't help any more.

Mick
Mick. VH can make some classic mistakes. Well not just VH all of them I think. This is why I prefer DIY. If it's wrong it's my fault alone.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

We land at 15.10, and leave at 19.55 to be exact. So ideally we want to drop the car off at 16.55 ish when we leave. So on that basis we will need to wait to leave the parking garage an hour and 45 minutes after landing, is that correct? And what happens if we drop it off later than our pick up time? For instance drive out the garage at 16.00 but drop it off at 16.55, is that an extra days charge?

Edited at 06:19 PM.