Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Looks good. We may pop to Solvang.

I looked on Google maps again and the furthest North still appears to be Ragged Point.
I don't think Ragged Point is much further north than where we're stopping so it won't be too far out of our way.

Not long for you know either! Hope the last minute preparations are going well. We're on our way to the Premier Inn at Heathrow now. Thought we might be there by now but the M1 has other ideas!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
I don't think Ragged Point is much further north than where we're stopping so it won't be too far out of our way.

Not long for you know either! Hope the last minute preparations are going well. We're on our way to the Premier Inn at Heathrow now. Thought we might be there by now but the M1 has other ideas!
Thanks. We're getting there.

We have booked the PI for next week. Love it there.

Safe journey and have a great holiday.

Edited at 06:47 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Monterey

It will be an early departure from Cambria as we hope to arrive in Monterey by 12:30 at the latest. We've booked a 2 night stay at Hotel Abrego, and we've been in touch to request either an early check in, or at the very least that we can drop our luggage off - we've booked a Whale Watching trip at 2pm with Sanctuary Cruises at Moss Landing, so don't want to leave our luggage in our car while we do this.

Ideally we would have done the whale watching trip the next day, but they only have an 8am departure that day and we thought it might be a bit foggy and cold that early in the morning.

That leaves the next day free for visiting Carmel, 17 mile drive and going down the PCH as far as we can until the road is closed.

jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Yosemite

This is the part I'm looking forward to the most. Can't wait to see all that magnificent scenery.

We've booked to stay for 3 nights at Yosemite Valley Lodge. We're not sure how long it will take us to get there, so have nothing planned for the first night - we'll just play it by ear, depending on what time we get there. Will be sure to go off and explore our surroundings though.

The next morning we've booked the 8:30 am Glacier Point Tour. After that, we hope to relax by the pool for a while, before having dinner at the Majestic Hotel that evening.

We've left the next day with no firm plans, to see where the mood takes us. We had hoped to visit Mariposa Grove, but as it's closed have had to rethink our plans. We'll wait and see what we haven't seen on the tour and decide on the day.
Old 23 Jul 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
San Francisco

And so begins the final leg of our trip. We've booked to stay at the Argonaut in Fisherman's Wharf. We're dropping off our hire car when we arrive, to avoid the astronomical parking fees.

Our first night here will be spent catching back up with our friends and having dinner together, as it is the final night of their trip. I'm sure it will involve copious amounts of food and drink.

The next day we've booked a Dylan's tour at 10am, to give us an overview of the city. It also takes us to Sausalito and Muir Woods. Once that is over, we'll probably wander around the Fisherman's Wharf area and grab a bite to eat.

Alcatraz is our destination the following day, but we haven't yet planned what we'll do after this.

We've also left the next day free - I can see from writing this we've got some planning still left to do. I might have to do something about that tomorrow on the plane!

Then finally it will be our last day. We'll have the morning free to do some last minute sightseeing, before grabbing a spot of lunch and heading to the airport mid afternoon for our flight home.

Well that's the lot. We're currently at the airport hotel and getting more excited by the minute. Not sure how we'll manage to sleep!
Old 24 Jul 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Have a great flight today Jo!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
can't wait to read all about it!
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Looks amazballs

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List