Notices

Old 16 Apr 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This ... With A Difference - March/April 2019 - Day 12

So our last day had come round so quickly! None of us were ready to go home 😢 We packed up our belongings relatively easily and had a quick pop tart breakfast before saying goodbye to Old Key west and heading to Epcot for a couple of hours.

picked up a fast pass for test track at 11.40am for Dd and DH to use. When we arrived we noticed how much busier it seemed today than the past few days, it was 10.45am and we had a while before our fastpass time. We first went to the playground over by the showcase plaza so Dd could have a play.

We then Stopped at the flower and garden food booth next door and got the peanut butter and strawberry tart. This cost $4.50 and was really tasty! It had strawberry boba balls in the ears too. I can see why people like pb&j! After we ate this we called into club cool and then had a look in mouse gears. On the way we spotted the queue for the 2nd flower and garden passholder magnet which was released today, this one had daisy on and is probably my favourite one yet!

It was now time for DH and Dd to go on test track, I sat and waited outside for them, taking in the last bit of Florida sun. I also worked on getting them a spaceship earth fastpass for before we had to leave as the wait time was showing at 35 minutes. It only took a few minutes but I picked one up for 12.05pm. When they are off that track they were very proud of themselves for designing the most powerful car of the day so far with a score of 102. We walked over to spaceship earth and Dd and DH rode this while I had a walk round the entrance area and took a few photos. It was a gorgeous day today with a high of 31 degrees.

t was now time to make our way to the airport, we left Epcot at 1pm and stopped off at the speedway gas station by Disney springs to fill the car for it's return, only cost $32 and that was all the fuel we put in the car all holiday! Bargain!

We got to the airport and check in was almost empty! We've never seen anything like that before, it was all very calm and easy. We walked into the main terminal area and decided to go to Chilis for some lunch.

DH ordered a lemonade, I had strawberry lemonade and DH had a Coke Zero.

For our meals I had the honey chipotle crispy chicken on waffles, these were really good! I only managed 2 and a half of them, the portion was huge!

Dd had the grilled cheese kids meals which came with fries, she really enjoyed this.

DH had the old timer burger, he said this was really good!

Total came to $38.39, we're always impressed by the food and price of eating here in the airport.

We then joined the queue for security just after 3, this took ages! The wait time was showing as about 40 minutes, it took longer than that and we finally made it to the gate about 4.25pm! We were starting to stress a little as it was taking so long and we were concerned about missing our flight but it was fine, we boarded later than expected and took off about 10 minutes late.

The delightful person say infront of me reclined immediately. They even had a spare seat next to them so plenty of room and comfort for them. First we were given a drink and a small bag of pretzels. The menus for dinner were handed out and he choices were Malvani chicken, pulled pork and mash or gnocchi. I chose the pulled pork and it was disgusting, one mouthful was more than I could stand. It came with a bread bun, cheddar cheese, and a cake love pot. The cake was salty caramel and tasted pretty good. Dd had a kids meal which was cheesy pasta, this wasn't great either. The food was so unappetising I didn't even bother getting a photo of most of it. I watched escape room the film which was ok then settled down for a nap, the person behind repeatedly banged by chair playing one of the games on the screen, so sleep was pretty interrupted. I did manage to get some and was awoken as they came round with breakfast. This was a blueberry yoghurt, some kind of cheese and ham pastry thing and a oat bar. I had a glass of orange juice and left the food.

We landed 15 minutes late at 6.20am, it was 1 degree in Manchester significantly colder than Orlando! We were through passport control very quickly and had a bit of a wait for our cases, once retrieved we rang vip and were directed to the west parking garage which was a couple of minutes walk from the terminal. Once inside it wasn't long to wait for our car to arrived and we got sorted and set off on the 2 and a half hour drive home. Unfortunately about 20 minutes in Dd was sick and we had to pull off the M6 into a car park outside Warrington to sort her out. Dd fell asleep after this and we were home before 10am. Can't believe the holiday is over! It's gone so fast! That's it for our Disney fix in 2019 and our last as a family of 3!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 16 Apr 19 7:03 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Fabulous trippie, have enjoyed reading it
Old 17 Apr 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing your trip, have really enjoyed reading along, what a fantastic holiday!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I really enjoyed reading along sounds like a fantastic holiday
Look forward to reading the next one when your are a family of four

Joan
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good last day, with some lovely last hours spent in Disney. I've loved reading your report, thank you for taking the time to share your holiday with us.
Old 6 May 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing your trip, I have really enjoyed reading along. It’s lovely to see the different resorts you stayed in and excellent deal to get your annual passes just in case you can squeeze in another holiday, I’m sure in the right temperatures it would be nice to stroll around with your pram!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List