General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Sep 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It all looks amazing!
Well impressed with your seats on the plane and so jealous you got to the highline (I will do this one day! )
The cruise looks very luxurious so glad you had a wonderful time, thanks for sharing 😀
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Your holiday looks fabulous. We loved Harmony of the Seas and would love to do another cruise.. The meal in Wonderland was the strangest but most delicious meal I have ever eaten. Didn’t quite know what I was eating but just delicious!
I will need to have a look at Anthem. Didn’t realise they did skydiving. I wonder if this was extra cost ?
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!
Yes we enjoyed Wonderland but was weird! The sky diving is no extra cost, but you need to book early, bit like Fastpasses! The dibb and disney holidays set me up well for planning this cruise.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Yes we enjoyed Wonderland but was weird! The sky diving is no extra cost, but you need to book early, bit like Fastpasses! The dibb and disney holidays set me up well for planning this cruise.
We really do want to do another cruise and your itinerary looks really good. We are going to New York in February and finding the planning of 5 nights overwhelming compared to 3 weeks in Orlando ! I am reading any New York trip reports I can find ! I have put Bleeker Street Pizzas on to my list of possibilities!
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Lovely report on a great holiday, out of interest how were the sea conditions?
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Lovely report on a great holiday, out of interest how were the sea conditions?
We had beautiful weather and calm seas throughout, but I do think we were incredibly lucky, I have heard it can be a bit choppy sailing from Bayonne, and in Canada etc. On a large ship you dont really feel it anyway in my experience.

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Canada

Our first port of call in Canada was Saint John, New Brunswick, and we had a shared tour planned with two other couples from the ship, Harry decided to stay onboard as it was a nature tour, (not fun).

Our tour guide was Russian, Alexei, but he was very pleasant, and being in a small vehicle meant that we got to all the best places before all the big tour buses arrived. We went to the famous ‘reversing rapids’ where the tide flows strongly one way in the morning, and then by the afternoon goes rapidly the other way, it was incredible to see, we stopped back later in the day to see it going the other way!

We then headed to St Martins, a pretty little place in the Bay of Fundy, it had cute gift shops, and I bought Maple Syrup products, Moose keyrings, Canada flag fridge magnets etc!

Canadians are friendly, and we felt very welcome.
We stopped at a nearby lighthouse, and then explored the dramatic coastline, before stopping off for some chowder on the way back! It was to die for, I could have eaten a bucket of it.

We even saw a MOOSE! 😂(I wish we had but sadly we were told they dont even live in this area)

We were tired when we got back to the ship, but what a great day, a private tour is always much more personal in our experience. So worth the money. (Often cheaper than the ships tours too)

Our trip reports -
Old 11 Sep 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Canada

Our final stop was Halifax, Nova Scotia, and we woke to the wonderful sound of Bagpipes playing in the port rigt outside our balcony! DH was most unamused!

Another sunny day so we set off and started walking along the boarded walk alongside the ship, which led into the town, it was fabulous lots to see and little shops, tourist information, food stalls, and a huge farmers market, where I bought lots and lots more maple syrup and even vodka with maple syrup, yummy.

We were doing a Harbour Hopper tour today (aka Duck tour) this was cheap and cheerful easy way to see the city and get some information, it was very hot as we boarded, but once we got going we enjoyed it, especially when we were on the water.
We learnt about the Titanic cemetery in Halifax, and about a massive explosion in the harbour they had that caused a Tsunami (looooong time ago)

We headed back along the boardwalk after our tour, and of course, we needed to try the local Canadian speciality that is Poutine! Chips, Cheese curds and Gravy... I was sceptical and am not sure how ‘authentic’ our food stall offering was, but it was actually delicious! Youd think I would be so full from the cruise already but I squeezed a good portion in!
Harry loved it too. DH got another lobster roll.

Our trip reports -
Old 11 Sep 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The end

And so ended our wonderful trip, our flight home on the dreamliner with Norwegian was on time, and service was excellent (two glasses of wine for me!)

I hope you have enjoyed reading.

Our trip reports -
Old 11 Sep 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing Louise, I did look at this cruise briefly for next summer however it will have to be another time as we ended up booking Florida
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like you had an amazing holiday. The places you visited look really lovely and the food looks yummy. Thanks for sharing
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List